it's a man, baby!!!
Went to the March Meet in Bakersfield today

lots of nostalgic racing, 70's funny cars and front engine top fuel cars

one thing I did see was a drum of nitro methane...made in china

we can't even make our own nitro anymore

Trump needs to fix this

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
that looks like factory to me. nice work.
are those bits of tasty instructions I see?

Na, that’s paper towels and masking tape, I did have a bit of a heart palpitation earlier when I saw a pile of chewed up foam and she ran away from me, but I quickly realized it was foam I cut out from under the carpet.

Thanks, I’m trying my damnedest to do a clean installation, I just wish I had a nice place on the dash to mount the subwoofer remote, I think I’m just going to leave it under the center console for the time being them maybe mount it to the side wth some Velcro.
FYI if you buy a boss radio, be warned that the wiring instructions are absolutely awful, I had to search YouTube to find out how to wire the back up camera and the DVD interrupt, the trigger for the back up camera requires 12vt into the head unit, and you have to ground the DVD (parking brake wire) to get it to work.

ysr50

Donator
Na, that’s paper towels and masking tape, I did have a bit of a heart palpitation earlier when I saw a pile of chewed up foam and she ran away from me, but I quickly realized it was foam I cut out from under the carpet.

Thanks, I’m trying my damnedest to do a clean installation, I just wish I had a nice place on the dash to mount the subwoofer remote, I think I’m just going to leave it under the center console for the time being them maybe mount it to the side wth some Velcro.
FYI if you buy a boss radio, be warned that the wiring instructions are absolutely awful, I had to search YouTube to find out how to wire the back up camera and the DVD interrupt, the trigger for the back up camera requires 12vt into the head unit, and you have to ground the DVD (parking brake wire) to get it to work.
Just a thought, a subwoofer remote is cool I guess but once you've set it to a level that makes you happy you probably won't need to adjust it again. Just secure it out of sight, maybe adjacent to the subwoofer. Keep it clean, it's always better if it performs way better than it looks, that goes for almost anything, we all have the girl we never told our friends about.

Just a thought, a subwoofer remote is cool I guess but once you've set it to a level that makes you happy you probably won't need to adjust it again. Just secure it out of sight, maybe adjacent to the subwoofer. Keep it clean, it's always better if it performs way better than it looks, that goes for almost anything, we all have the girl we never told our friends about.
This, amp gains should be set based on what the headunit preamp puts out.

THE FEZ MAN

My other sub has a volume control which is nice, the new one is similar except it has more controls because the amp I still guilt into the sub and you can’t acess it once it’s installed. My regular amp has regular controls

THE FEZ MAN

I ran the inflatable spray booth past the wife, and guess what? She said “fuck that kid, order it” ..... holy fuck.... so, I Picked one off eBay that had free shipping from the US supposed to be from N.J. I hope to have it by the end of the week, and not have to wait a month for it to show up from china. I’m as shocked as anyone I figured I was going to have to beg more.

5skin

I ran the inflatable spray booth past the wife, and guess what? She said “fuck that kid, order it” ..... holy fuck.... so, I Picked one off eBay that had free shipping from the US supposed to be from N.J. I hope to have it by the end of the week, and not have to wait a month for it to show up from china. I’m as shocked as anyone I figured I was going to have to beg more.
Bonus - indoor duck pond!

5skin

Forgot to add that I can not recommend a Nissan vehicle!
Bought this thing with under a 100k on it for $1800, it's an '05, knowing it had a slight radiator leak. $135 radiator and an hour to swap, big whoop. So it's driven a couple weeks and the tranny starts slipping. Apparently it's a known issue that they leak coolant into the tranny and water isn't hydraulic so it blows the tranny. $3800 repair with lifetime warranty and external tranny cooler. Two weeks later head gasket and timing chains and sliders. Another $2000 in parts and Fish Bait's wages.

This kid of mine better drive the wheels off it until she graduates college.

THE FEZ MAN

Bought this thing with under a 100k on it for $1800, it's an '05, knowing it had a slight radiator leak. $135 radiator and an hour to swap, big whoop. So it's driven a couple weeks and the tranny starts slipping. Apparently it's a known issue that they leak coolant into the tranny and water isn't hydraulic so it blows the tranny. $3800 repair with lifetime warranty and external tranny cooler. Two weeks later head gasket and timing chains and sliders. Another $2000 in parts and Fish Bait's wages.

It’s one of the few car brands I wouldn’t buy, I never liked working on them and everyone I know that has owned one has had issues with it after a certain age, also the parts are very expensive

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Just forked over $3500 for a new CVT for that piece of shit Rogue I have. 2008, 180k miles on it. Yeah, I guess it was due to blow something major, but still. Ouch.

MurphCO

Donator
Fucking check engine light came on AGAIN

this is the 5th time in less than a year since I bought it, going to the dealership to shoot a fucking world star video tomorrow

I am hoping they will just work with me on replacing the fucking thing

Misfire in one of the cylinders, they have fixed it twice, then replaced all of the parts last time, so it made it 5,000 miles between last time and now.

THE FEZ MAN

Fucking check engine light came on AGAIN

this is the 5th time in less than a year since I bought it, going to the dealership to shoot a fucking world star video tomorrow

I am hoping they will just work with me on replacing the fucking thing

Misfire in one of the cylinders, they have fixed it twice, then replaced all of the parts last time, so it made it 5,000 miles between last time and now.
I hate gremlins

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!

my buddy had a 2004 Maxima that he only had 40K on just basically driving to work and back and the transmission went out. Seems they use some sort of vinyl coated bands or clutches that delaminated and ruined it. They say it is a common Nissan problem, cost him a few grand to rebuild and they used the original parts so it will happen again, he unloaded it but bought another Datsun. He is one of those guys who hates Toyotas and Apple and constantly has car and phone problems

THE FEZ MAN

My Aunts Gremlin had ants.....I remember that as a kid when we went to the drive in
Lol, my dad’s truck had ants, I will never forget how pissed off my mother was at him, we went to the farmers market and she bought a lot of food, including a cake for a party, when we got home the ants had infested all of it

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff

Most people also put a hidden ground switch between the parking brake and head unit so they can use the dvd player while driving

THE FEZ MAN

Most people also put a hidden ground switch between the parking brake and head unit so they can use the dvd player while driving
Just grounded the wire back to the radio, what was irritating is the wiring instructions make no mention of what to do with that wire

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Just grounded the wire back to the radio, what was irritating is the wiring instructions make no mention of what to do with that wire
They may check it during inspection. If the dvd player works without the brake set you fail. Thus the hidden bypass switch