General Bitching and Moaning about your car/truck thread

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Been using Red Hot cleaner for years works great and strips pretty anything off.
Just don't get it on you.
I have to check that one out

If they make them for your vehicle check out Husky for floor mats. The Husky's just look better, have deeper grooves for spills or melted ice. They have a bit more rubbery texture and they clean up with ease, that APC/Degreaser you mentioned even heavily diluted.

Speaking of Purple Power, have you ever tried Super Clean? It also comes in a purple jug and is just as strong (undiluted is almost too strong) but it doesn't have that knock out punch odor that PP and some other APC's have.
I have “regular” dodge carpet floor mats now, and some Costco/ pep boys grooved generic mats On top of those but they are beat, I will look for the huskies.
Actually I think I might have super clean, I just call all of that stuff “purple power” my absolute favorite is westlys blech white or spray 9 for interior work, mainly because of the smell you mentioned, and it can be used right out of the bottle with out rinsing (rinsing is better) all of those products use the same basic main ingredient I forget the chemical, but it’s all “white wall cleaner” to me, you can just dilute it in different ammounts and have different working times before it starts to fuck up what you put it on, learned that shit the hard way, I will also add dawn detergent to the diluted mix for some extra oomph and make the smell more palatable.
I also use a lot of windex / glass cleaner because that doesn’t require rinsing (alcohol based)
I wish the citrus cleaner (zep) stayed “orangy” smelling but I’ve found that after it drys it leaves a lingering foul smell because the zep citrus cleaner works very well on interior parts and “sugar based” contamination and doesn’t burn my hands unlike the other cleaners

Last edited:
I have to check that one out

I have “regular” dodge carpet floor mats now, and some Costco/ pep boys grooved generic mats On top of those but they are beat, I will look for the huskies.
Actually I think I might have super clean, I just call all of that stuff “purple power” my absolute favorite is westlys blech white or spray 9 for interior work, mainly because of the smell you mentioned, and it can be used right out of the bottle with out rinsing (rinsing is better) all of those products use the same basic main ingredient I forget the chemical, but it’s all “white wall cleaner” to me, you can just dilute it in different ammounts and have different working times before it starts to fuck up what you put it on, learned that shit the hard way, I will also add dawn detergent to the diluted mix for some extra oomph and make the smell more palatable.
I also use a lot of windex / glass cleaner because that doesn’t require rinsing (alcohol based)
I wish the citrus cleaner (zep) stayed “orangy” smelling but I’ve found that after it drys it leaves a lingering foul smell because the zep citrus cleaner works very well on interior parts and “sugar based” contamination and doesn’t burn my hands unlike the other cleaners
That chemical, acid pretty much.

That's what I like about detailing products, they all generally are made to smell good. Except iron removers those are just plain foul.

Here you go if you want a lingering scent:

THE FEZ MAN

Mother fucking eBay, I never fucking buy shit from fucking ebay for a fucking reason, I paid an extra $400 fucking dollars for my fucking chink inflatable spray booth because the add specifically said USA stock, and guaranteed delivery by Thursday, yea, mother fuckers took my fucking money and it’s friday at 3pm and I don’t even have a fucking tracking number, I also mysteriously had two fraudulent charges on that credit card the exact same day the fucking zipper head cock suckers charged my card so I had to cancel that card so getting my fucking money back is going to be a fucking pain in the fucking ass.
Man I’m fucking pissed the fuck off., I have a perfect weather widow, my wife would be home to help me set it up......

Fuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkk fucking rip off chink fuck eBay

@gorram
I got my headlamp housings, Decided to buy these to blind on coming drivers, I am slightly concerned about heat but meh, mine as well give it a try
https://headlightrevolution.com/gtr...-beam-slim-hid-conversion-kit-5th-generation/

https://headlightrevolution.com/supernova-v-4-led-headlights-h1-bulbs/
I think you mentioned heat before, heat where? Inside the housing, at the base? I've heard anecdotes from people in icy climates where the HIDs don't melt/defrost ice on the headlights where their original halogens did. Particularly when you're talking a 35watt HID. Now in a reflective housing the halogen and the HID would probably be warmer overall than a projector housing shining out the polycarbonate.

You've got HID projector housings?

Probably a good idea to go 35 watt, think they last longer.

THE FEZ MAN

I think you mentioned heat before, heat where? Inside the housing, at the base? I've heard anecdotes from people in icy climates where the HIDs don't melt/defrost ice on the headlights where their original halogens did. Particularly when you're talking a 35watt HID. Now in a reflective housing the halogen and the HID would probably be warmer overall than a projector housing shining out the polycarbonate.

You've got HID projector housings?

Probably a good idea to go 35 watt, think they last longer.
Huh, I always thought that the HID would over heat the housings, I bought projector housings

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Mother fucking eBay, I never fucking buy shit from fucking ebay for a fucking reason, I paid an extra $400 fucking dollars for my fucking chink inflatable spray booth because the add specifically said USA stock, and guaranteed delivery by Thursday, yea, mother fuckers took my fucking money and it’s friday at 3pm and I don’t even have a fucking tracking number, I also mysteriously had two fraudulent charges on that credit card the exact same day the fucking zipper head cock suckers charged my card so I had to cancel that card so getting my fucking money back is going to be a fucking pain in the fucking ass.
Man I’m fucking pissed the fuck off., I have a perfect weather widow, my wife would be home to help me set it up......

Fuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkk fucking rip off chink fuck eBay
eBay and Paypal typically yank the money back first and ask questions later in favor of the buyer...

THE FEZ MAN

eBay and Paypal typically yank the money back first and ask questions later in favor of the buyer...
Sadly I didn’t use pay pal I used my regular credit card that I had to cancel because of the two fraudulent changes, I told the credit card company to approve the spray booth I looked at the guys feed back and of all of the complaints only one was for slow shipping the few others was “chink junk”

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Sadly I didn’t use pay pal I used my regular credit card that I had to cancel because of the two fraudulent changes, I told the credit card company to approve the spray booth I looked at the guys feed back and of all of the complaints only one was for slow shipping the few others was “chink junk”
ALWAYS use PayPal!

If they won't take PayPal in won't buy from them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ysr50

Donator
It was a moment of laziness I don’t actually have a pay pal account
Get a paypal account. I have an almost unreasonable aversion to ordering stuff online having been burned years ago (thankfully the credit card company fixed everything). I've never had an issue with paypal.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Get a paypal account. I have an almost unreasonable aversion to ordering stuff online having been burned years ago (thankfully the credit card company fixed everything). I've never had an issue with paypal.
Exactly that. It's basically free insurance. At least that's how I look at it.

PayPal, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay - all of them give you an added level of security because the individual merchant/seller NEVER has your credit card information.

I am getting close to signing up for Samsung Pay simply because so many places take it.

THE FEZ MAN

I’m getting more and more pissed the fuck off about this, the dink has till the end of the day and I’m going to call my credit card company and have the payment withdrawn, bullshit eBay says 3 days, I was supposed to have the item Thursday, it was all over the advertisement, and in my conformation email, I bitched Friday...
I’m sooooooo fucking pissed

THE FEZ MAN

Well I Im just batting 1000... my LED marker/turn signals, are not only painfully dim, they are hyper flashing. I knew that it was going to be an issue, so I preemptively purchased 2 50w 6ohm resistors and installed them and the still hyper flash.
I’m admittedly an idiot are resistors like wire? The lower the number the higher the resistance? Like a 3ohm resistor creates more impedance than a a 6 ohm? Because if I wire both resistors in parallel and leave the one bulb in place it works. But if I wire one in, and jump the terminals of the other, it doesn’t. I sent a “please help” email to the company tha I bought my headlamps from with a list of things I thought might help listing what I thought would fix the issue, I’m hoping they can fix the issue, oh and to add to the confusion, the bulbs don’t hyperflash when the hazards are on, and the flasher unit is a large intergrated unit

Well I Im just batting 1000... my LED marker/turn signals, are not only painfully dim, they are hyper flashing. I knew that it was going to be an issue, so I preemptively purchased 2 50w 6ohm resistors and installed them and the still hyper flash.
I’m admittedly an idiot are resistors like wire? The lower the number the higher the resistance? Like a 3ohm resistor creates more impedance than a a 6 ohm? Because if I wire both resistors in parallel and leave the one bulb in place it works. But if I wire one in, and jump the terminals of the other, it doesn’t. I sent a “please help” email to the company tha I bought my headlamps from with a list of things I thought might help listing what I thought would fix the issue, I’m hoping they can fix the issue, oh and to add to the confusion, the bulbs don’t hyperflash when the hazards are on, and the flasher unit is a large intergrated unit
The higher the value of the resistor the greater the load is on the circuit. Yes, 3 ohm is more than 6 ohm.

Hopefully you've simply confused wiring the resistor in series instead of parallel, which may explain why it's dim. One wire of the resistor should be on the ground wired to the lamp, the other should be on the flashing wire. Leave the 3rd wire for constant light alone.

THE FEZ MAN

The higher the value of the resistor the greater the load is on the circuit. Yes, 3 ohm is more than 6 ohm.

Hopefully you've simply confused wiring the resistor in series instead of parallel, which may explain why it's dim. One wire of the resistor should be on the ground wired to the lamp, the other should be on the flashing wire. Leave the 3rd wire for constant light alone.
Thanks, I went out this morning with a clear head and my meter and figured out my problem, I’m going to need to get either two (four total) 3ohm resistors per side, or one 1 ohm per side to provide the correct impedance on the circuit to make the flasher work properly, the LED’s are dim because they are just shitty cheep ass lights ($10 a piece off amazon, I wired them directly to my power source and they are still not bright enough for my liking

Thanks, I went out this morning with a clear head and my meter and figured out my problem, I’m going to need to get either two (four total) 3ohm resistors per side, or one 1 ohm per side to provide the correct impedance on the circuit to make the flasher work properly, the LED’s are dim because they are just shitty cheep ass lights ($10 a piece off amazon, I wired them directly to my power source and they are still not bright enough for my liking
For me all that shit would have been in the trash and I'd be at the closests Advance/Autozone/Pep getting some halogen bulbs and be done with it.

That's why I stopped at the low beams and fog lights for upgrades. About the only other exterior light that might make sense for an upgrade would be the reverese lights. I could see putting brighter lamps for the aid of the backup camera or looking over the shoulder or mirrors.

THE FEZ MAN

For me all that shit would have been in the trash and I'd be at the closests Advance/Autozone/Pep getting some halogen bulbs and be done with it.

That's why I stopped at the low beams and fog lights for upgrades. About the only other exterior light that might make sense for an upgrade would be the reverese lights. I could see putting brighter lamps for the aid of the backup camera or looking over the shoulder or mirrors.
Yea..... that’s absolutely what I should do, but, one way or the other I need to install a resistor into the circuit, the new aftermarket light housings only requires one bulb, if I don’t put a resistor in the light will still hyper flash even with a regular bulb.
As I do jobs like this I just harden back to the hundreds of times I told people to not do projects like this because “custom cars” means custom problems