General Bitching and Moaning about your car/truck thread

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!

ok, i will admit that i fucked up, i incorrectly wired in the halo lamps, now, i think it looks cool, and i absolutely have seen cars with their headlamps wired this way, actually modern european cars, i think audi and maybe a jeep cherokee, where they have "switch back" turn signals.
now, i have consulted more than one PA inspection mechanic, myself included and, the opinion of 4 out of 5 is that a flashing white front light on a vehicle is an inspection violation, i also asked a cop, who agreed, a flashing white light is an inspection violation in PA @Ballbuster1 do you concur?
my "loop hole" is that the amber bulb does flash independently of the white halo. so, halo shuts off, amber flashes, halo turns back on......
do i take a chance and leave it, opening myself up to the possibility of getting a vehicle violation (and a DUI) or do i fix it and chop back into the wiring harness? all i have to do is move the wires to a non flashing circuit, which is literally right there, and it was the circuit i had planned on tapping into but chose not to just because i only wanted to make one splice and, save the parking lamp circuit for an additional parking lamp if needed at a later date, now next question, do i go crazy and add a turn signal at the back of the fender? like all fancy pants cars?
I think it looks good, if it draws more attention to the turn signals, why would anyone object? Turn signals seem to get lost in the glare of headlights at night so this may solve that problem.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
I think it looks good, if it draws more attention to the turn signals, why would anyone object? Turn signals seem to get lost in the glare of headlights at night so this may solve that problem.
In theory it is illegal (inspection violation) to have a flashing white light in the front of your car. I actually knew that, and said something to my wife when I saw it the other night on that Audi, the question is do I keep it, and run the risk of some rookie cop being a cunt? The chances of that happening are quite low. If I was inspecting the car I would put a sticker on it, but I would probably tell the owner that it could be an issue (or just keep my mouth shut) the “odd man” inspection mechanic said he would pass it no questions asked

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
In theory it is illegal (inspection violation) to have a flashing white light in the front of your car.
Yes it is. I personally don't have a problem with it becasue it draws attention to the turn signal but
I'm not a douche bag cop and there's plenty of them out there. I usually let things like that go but
tell the owner that if they get stopped it wasn't like that when i inspected it and I'll deny it if asked.

THE FEZ MAN

Yes it is. I personally don't have a problem with it becasue it draws attention to the turn signal but
I'm not a douche bag cop and there's plenty of them out there. I usually let things like that go but
tell the owner that if they get stopped it wasn't like that when i inspected it and I'll deny it if asked.
I’m thinking of rolling the dice.

I just had a brain fart... I installed plugs for this very reason, I will just put a new plug

Last edited:
Tell the cop you bought it like that, and have no idea what he's talking about, because you never get out at night with your blinky on.

ok, i will admit that i fucked up, i incorrectly wired in the halo lamps, now, i think it looks cool, and i absolutely have seen cars with their headlamps wired this way, actually modern european cars, i think audi and maybe a jeep cherokee, where they have "switch back" turn signals.
now, i have consulted more than one PA inspection mechanic, myself included and, the opinion of 4 out of 5 is that a flashing white front light on a vehicle is an inspection violation, i also asked a cop, who agreed, a flashing white light is an inspection violation in PA @Ballbuster1 do you concur?
my "loop hole" is that the amber bulb does flash independently of the white halo. so, halo shuts off, amber flashes, halo turns back on......
do i take a chance and leave it, opening myself up to the possibility of getting a vehicle violation (and a DUI) or do i fix it and chop back into the wiring harness? all i have to do is move the wires to a non flashing circuit, which is literally right there, and it was the circuit i had planned on tapping into but chose not to just because i only wanted to make one splice and, save the parking lamp circuit for an additional parking lamp if needed at a later date, now next question, do i go crazy and add a turn signal at the back of the fender? like all fancy pants cars?
Put some lemon fruit roll-up wrap on it.

That turned out great.

Those fog lights sitting in that chair look like a cartoon character but I can't recall of what/where from.

THE FEZ MAN

That turned out great.

Those fog lights sitting in that chair look like a cartoon character but I can't recall of what/where from.
Lol... wallE

I can’t wait to get them in the bumper and that shit box back on the road

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
fixed my air compressor

I finally remembered to drain it after 4 years or so

but it really doesn't get used all that much, maybe a couple of times a month but it had like a gallon of rusty water in it.

I immediately ordered one of those auto drains and when I went to install it, the 1/4" street elbow in the bottom broke off

so I ordered one from Fastenal and just got the broken piece out and the new one and the auto drain installed

all wired up and now it should have a better memory than me

THE FEZ MAN

fixed my air compressor

I finally remembered to drain it after 4 years or so

but it really doesn't get used all that much, maybe a couple of times a month but it had like a gallon of rusty water in it.

I immediately ordered one of those auto drains and when I went to install it, the 1/4" street elbow in the bottom broke off

so I ordered one from Fastenal and just got the broken piece out and the new one and the auto drain installed

all wired up and now it should have a better memory than me
I try to drain mine every couple weeks,
Oh and guess what degenerate gambler won $3000 tonight? And who’s going to tomorrow and buying a new satajet before he puts it right back into a fucking slot machine

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
I try to drain mine every couple weeks,
Oh and guess what degenerate gambler won $3000 tonight? And who’s going to tomorrow and buying a new satajet before he puts it right back into a fucking slot machine
what ever happened with the spray booth?

THE FEZ MAN

what ever happened with the spray booth?
Still fucking waiting on it, EBay gave me my money back, I think, the wife watches the credit card, so she’s waiting on the confirmation and I ordered another one from amazon, I got the blowers for it today, I actually ordered the larger one for the same price from Amazon than the one I ordered from eBay, I don’t trust the chinks, never did, so, instead or ordering the 26’lX11’wX8’h which I got several ambiguous “internal sizes” on, I just ordered the 33’lX16’wX11’h, my truck should have plenty of room so I can do the final taping in the actual booth so I can open the doors and just have a little more room it’s going to take up a lot of space but I hope it works.
Oh and the paint gun I ordered has to come from Chicago, it doesn’t shock me, it’s a brand new SataJet 5500, Painter’s can be a little crazy about owning the latest and greatest and the 5500 is brand new and they are made in Germany

THE FEZ MAN

Enjoy your Nazi paint gun.
Oh, it is very, very German, very efficient in their designs, the one thing I’m curious about is if they are still completely “machine fit” professional spray guns are actually very highly machined pieces of equipment but even the “expensive ones” always had gaskets, except Sata, they are that well machined. The problem with that is over time they would wear out, now the chances of me wearing this gun out are 0 they are designed to spray thousands of gallons of paint and I don’t plan on that, it’s one of those things that I’ve always wanted, they are literally the finest spray guns in the world, with the price to match.

5skin

Oh, it is very, very German, very efficient in their designs, the one thing I’m curious about is if they are still completely “machine fit” professional spray guns are actually very highly machined pieces of equipment but even the “expensive ones” always had gaskets, except Sata, they are that well machined. The problem with that is over time they would wear out, now the chances of me wearing this gun out are 0 they are designed to spray thousands of gallons of paint and I don’t plan on that, it’s one of those things that I’ve always wanted, they are literally the finest spray guns in the world, with the price to match.
Now all you need is the Glasurit paint, some of the very best. Just know it needs cut and buffed within hours of applying or it's far to hard to work. Great stuff tho.

ysr50

Donator
I'm still not sure I like my latest truck (2018 F-150 Supercab XLT 4X4 3.5). I miss my old truck (2005 F-150 Supercrew Lariat 5.4).
I like the power and torque of the new truck, but after almost a year I'm still not completely comfortable. I wish that 5.4 engine wasn't a piece of shit, I'd of fixed it and kept it. Having a payment doesn't really factor into it because I can afford it, it just doesn't drive as well as the old truck, and it's not nearly as comfortable as the old truck. I'm not dazzled or impressed by all of the tech (Bluetooth, rear view camera, touchscreen, nav) I was skinny, dumb and happy without it last year. I don't give a shit if people are impressed by my truck, having a new truck is less impressive to me than a well maintained older truck, I was proud of my old truck. Maybe it's like missing an old dog.

THE FEZ MAN

Now all you need is the Glasurit paint, some of the very best. Just know it needs cut and buffed within hours of applying or it's far to hard to work. Great stuff tho.
I’ve used several of the “European” paint systems, Glasurit, Sikkins, Standox, and some shit from Italy I forget the name of, I was never impressed with it. I’m using “Matrix” it’s basically part of the Sherwin Williams company, I used Sherwin Williams for years and never had the same types of problems that I’ve had with the European systems.
I hate to be “that grumpy old guy” but experience has taught me that there really is only 3-4 company’s that make 90% of the paint systems and almost all of the pigments and base chemicals come from the same larger chemical manufacturers. The only time I’ve ever had real “issues” is with mixing systems, and cutting corners to save a buck, that always bites you in the ass.
I thought about using PPG but that jobber is in New Jersey.

So, every thing I’m using is “matrix”

https://www.matrixsystem.com/en/index.html

I could have bought their “economy line” but chose not to, I also could have used the old DuPont system that I used for years working for glorious leader, but honestly I wasn’t really happy with the service that I was getting from that jobber and the axalta system (DuPont sold off the automotive paints about 5-6 years ago) were excessively expensive, as it stands I’m about $1500 in for just the “paint system” now, I do have enough materials to completely paint my truck and my VW but, I would have had to buy that much no matter whatever I had chosen to go with. If I went with a European system I would have had to go fairly far away to purchase the actual product, the matrix jobber is 10 mins from my house, also, my truck is just black, so I don’t have to worry about any color matches
One of the other reasons I bought the new spray gun is because of the material transfer rate, the Sata is advertised at greater than 65% my old razor (sharpe) was never that efficient so, what that means is instead of me using 6qt of clear I will probably only need 4 maybe less if I only put on 3 coats

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
I'm still not sure I like my latest truck (2018 F-150 Supercab XLT 4X4 3.5). I miss my old truck (2005 F-150 Supercrew Lariat 5.4).
I like the power and torque of the new truck, but after almost a year I'm still not completely comfortable. I wish that 5.4 engine wasn't a piece of shit, I'd of fixed it and kept it. Having a payment doesn't really factor into it because I can afford it, it just doesn't drive as well as the old truck, and it's not nearly as comfortable as the old truck. I'm not dazzled or impressed by all of the tech (Bluetooth, rear view camera, touchscreen, nav) I was skinny, dumb and happy without it last year. I don't give a shit if people are impressed by my truck, having a new truck is less impressive to me than a well maintained older truck, I was proud of my old truck. Maybe it's like missing an old dog.
Trade it in on a Tundra. :)

THE FEZ MAN

And that’s why I’m hemorrhaging money into my dodge, I absolutely could have traded it in, bought a brand new one, put all my “beach shit” on it and been done with it, but, that’s not what I want, even if I put 20k into my Dakota I’m still ahead of the game

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
I had a shitty 95 Exploder that I loved like a family member, but the engine had a horrible knock that I knew was gonna be way more expensive to fix than the truck was worth. Wound up donating it to a local veteran charity.

Driving around now in this 5 year newer Mountaineer for a few months and it's in much better physical shape, as well as more powerful, but I still miss my ugly blue Exploder. Weird how we can get attached to our machines.

THE FEZ MAN

Ok, I’m starting to up load some of my shitty videos, I really need to care more about it, but I don’t, nothing is turning out how I wanted, I’m boring, you can’t actually see most of what I’m doing, it’s basically me bitching about the project. I’m also having issues with publishing the stuff right out of IMovie so I’ve got a duplicate video...

Bah, I need an editor who has the right skills to paw through 500gb of raw footage and make it remotely interesting.
What a waste of time