General Bitching and Moaning about your car/truck thread

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
I love those bags. I use them to store winter quilts over the summer too.
Takes a giant fluffy cover and shrinks it down to a very manageable
and storable size in a minute.
I’ve used them for a few things but I think stuffing the paint booth into one was pure genius

My buddy has a similar vintage F150 standard cab with the V6 but it is a short bed. 150k on it and zero issues.

They run forever.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Ya pretty much a work or farm trucks... with a bench seat and vinyl floors. Usually either Fords or GMC.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Fuckin Nissan!
Daughter calls to say she's at dance but her SUV was knocking on the way.
No oil pressure and the bottom end is banging away.

THE FEZ MAN

First my “you’ve got to be fucking kidding me” for the day, I finally broke down and decided I was going to cut the grass, drug out my brand new push mower (just last season) I fully “winterized it” last year ran it out of fuel at the end of the season, even sprayed some wd40 into the carb and spark plug hole the fuel was stabilized, I filled it up with my high octane non ethanol gas, and pulled it till my fucking arm hurt, I finally broke down and sprayed some 2+2 into the carb to get it to fire up.
I had one of those “what if this was my wife” moments (we know she would have just bought a new one) but it really pissed me off, that’s the last time I run it dry I will just stabilize them from now on, my other shit all started and all I did was pour stable in them, but there all two strokes and I run that fancy premix gas in it.

So the other thing I did today was stupidly kind of monumental for me, I actually used real, honest to god, tire dressing on my truck.... I know this is a weird thing to “proclaim” but you have to understand I haven't used “real” silicone slick, spray can tire dressing, in over 20 years, “tire dressing” is with out question 100% if I catch you with it in my paint shop I will absolutely fucking strangle you banned, it’s banned from the paint shop, it’s banned from you putting it on your car if you worked with me.

Nothing and I mean nothing will absolutely ruin a paint job faster than spray can tire dressing, it was kind of funny because when I first started working at glorious leaders shop I begged the detail guy who rented space from glorious leader to stop using the silicone based spray, I bought him a gallon of the non silicone based dressing just to convince him that it worked, it just doesn’t last nearly as long or provide that “slick wet” shine of real “stoner” but it does work.

Also when I started working at glorious leaders I went into his “private stash” of detail stuff and threw away his collection of “zip waxes” that half wit knew how dangerous that shit was, but that moron was obsessed with buying it, because he was a lazy retard. That bit me in the ass more than once working there, the ultimate was when I was painting the 38 Chrysler and someone who didn’t know any better, somehow, found a bottle of it and basically sprayed it into the shop heater ruining that entire paint job. $1000 worth of paint and 20+ hours of work right into the fucking toilet.
I kind of lost my cool that day, mainly because I knew I threw all of that shit out and someone (glorious fucking leader) went and bought more knowing damn fucking well I banned it.

So, why did I use it today? Because I’m vain and I have to go to the tire shop and bitch about my spare wheel that hasn’t shown up yet and it’s been four months, I wouldn’t care too much but I know if I don’t have that spare wheel I will absolutely destroy one.

So the other thing I did today was stupidly kind of monumental for me, I actually used real, honest to god, tire dressing on my truck.... I know this is a weird thing to “proclaim” but you have to understand I haven't used “real” silicone slick, spray can tire dressing, in over 20 years, “tire dressing” is with out question 100% if I catch you with it in my paint shop I will absolutely fucking strangle you banned, it’s banned from the paint shop, it’s banned from you putting it on your car if you worked with me.

Nothing and I mean nothing will absolutely ruin a paint job faster than spray can tire dressing, it was kind of funny because when I first started working at glorious leaders shop I begged the detail guy who rented space from glorious leader to stop using the silicone based spray, I bought him a gallon of the non silicone based dressing just to convince him that it worked, it just doesn’t last nearly as long or provide that “slick wet” shine of real “stoner” but it does work.
There are a lot of great water based tire dressings now that don't sling. Usually unless you try and coat the fuck out of them you will end up with more of a matte finish.

CarPro Perl is a good example you can run it undiluted on tires or 1:1. You can also dilute at 3:1 and use on any plastic trim or engine parts. 5:1 on interior plastic, seats, rubber. Got UV protection too for rubber/plastic etc...

I had to pull the carb off of my honda mower about a month ago and spray it out with carb cleaner to get it running.

My neighbors wife cut my grass a couple of weeks before that when she went on her wild mowing extravadanza and cut half the lawns in the neighborhood

and mine wasn't the worst, just a few weeds out of control. but if I keep it running every couple of weeks it fires up with one pull.

THE FEZ MAN

There are a lot of great water based tire dressings now that don't sling. Usually unless you try and coat the fuck out of them you will end up with more of a matte finish.

CarPro Perl is a good example you can run it undiluted on tires or 1:1. You can also dilute at 3:1 and use on any plastic trim or engine parts. 5:1 on interior plastic, seats, rubber. Got UV protection too for rubber/plastic etc...
Oh I know, I used to use “paint shop safe” dressing all the time I actually have a bottle of it I used it on some of the door trim, but like you said it mattes out, in my opinion nothing makes ties / rubber look as good as real silicone aerosol tire shine. I bought this evil shit.

And it looks great I put it on last night so hopefully it’s soaked in so it doesn’t sling too much but I’m expecting there to be shit all over my truck after the first 50 feet down the road
I still feel dirty using it, but, I’m not planning on doing any paint work on that truck for years and I actually put the can and the rag into a plastic bag and put it back in my detail cabinet and I threw my coveralls right into the washing machine, it’s just so evil

THE FEZ MAN

Nissan is parked up against the terrace, 2017 VW Golf replacing it.
You’re replacing one piece of shit for a pile of shit.....

Oh and guess who put a dent in their brand new paint job today? Right next to the drivers door handle, ironically in the exact same spot there was a dent before

THE FEZ MAN

It sounds like the door lock rod, I don’t remember checking the lock before I put the door panel on, they make a very distinctive noise when they hit the inside of the door . I did cut a hole in the bottom of the fender on a Chevy pick up truck one time to retrieve my 10mm short socket

It sounds like the door lock rod, I don’t remember checking the lock before I put the door panel on, they make a very distinctive noise when they hit the inside of the door . I did cut a hole in the bottom of the fender on a Chevy pick up truck one time to retrieve my 10mm short socket
That reminds me of putting aftermarket actuator locks in doors for vehicles that didn't come with power locks for keyless entry. Worked great when you install them, but years later shit goes loose and you've got to go back in and adjust.

THE FEZ MAN

That reminds me of putting aftermarket actuator locks in doors for vehicles that didn't come with power locks for keyless entry. Worked great when you install them, but years later shit goes loose and you've got to go back in and adjust.
I always hated putting that shit in because of that, I also hated the old GM metal clips that held the rods on I can’t count how many times I cut my fingers or dropped one of those little bastards and it would get stuck in between the door skin and the frame