General Bitching and Moaning about your car/truck thread

Social engineering?
She would let the edge of her gold badge show... and then (usually POPO) will ask what is that... and explain her job (well former job she is on disability) benefits whatever... and she is LEO as well and all that happy horseshit... she was good at her job tried to pull some shenanigans on me like she wanted me to move out during the divorce... and apparently that can show abandonment of the property... and a bunch of other shit she tried.

Oh well she's on disability, can't drive, shithead BF lost his job and her mother moved in... so sucks to be her I guess.

Oh 5 year anniversary of losing 250lbs plus of ugly fat btw.

Well last town all the cops knew me and my truck as hey I was the Christmas tree guy... only time I got pulled over was by a female new hire... my registration expired in Dec, this was January. Note you have a one month grace period. Pulls me over in my long driveway does the hand on the tail light gimmick and has her hand on her pistol as she walks up.

Same one my ex did some social engineering on and got some shenanigans put on me... hope the both of them get taint cancer.
What's this grace period you speak of? Why didn't you renew your reg before it
expired? Licence plate readers pick those up all day. I would have my hand my
gun too. She has no idea who you are.

This was before car mounted readers... she was still a probee... .and had a real cop beside her... the stop was horseshit... and I am sure a training exercise...

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
I remember when PA got rid of the registration stickers for $$$ savings because departments had the scanners. We still have the stickers in FL, even though both state troopers and sheriff's deputies have the scanners.

It's bullshit. my town just bought them as a crime deterrent they said. more like
revenue grab
My last town has the parking along the beach for cash... which they basically doubled the price to park. Now $2 an hour... and they hire bike cops to make sure that is enforced... even the resident permits went up from $25 to $40...

Rode up to the lake today to check on the RV to find one of the slides leaking along the wall. Shitty part is it's the slide in the master above the fifth wheel and the water is going across the floor and into the living room slide out wall. I lowered the front to hopefully get it running out that way instead of through the walls. Tomorrow I'll call the dealer to see about replacing the RV as it's not even a year old yet and leaking.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Rode up to the lake today to check on the RV to find one of the slides leaking along the wall. Shitty part is it's the slide in the master above the fifth wheel and the water is going across the floor and into the living room slide out wall. I lowered the front to hopefully get it running out that way instead of through the walls. Tomorrow I'll call the dealer to see about replacing the RV as it's not even a year old yet and leaking.
That fucking sucks, I did a bunch of work on RV’s back in the 1990’s for a local dealer and the way they are assembled is deplorable it’s almost impossible to repair them properly.
We did a bunch of engine work on a few, thats like pulling an engine in your living room with white carpets.
Body work? Forget about it the materials they use are so thin and cheep it’s impossible to repair

Actually the sticker on the plate changes year to year... my sticker expires in January so I guess she was "going" by color only... rayciss...

Now my inspection one I always do it the following month as it is such a pain in the ass as you have to book an appointment for basically a visual inspection. Again my inspection originally was in Dec... now I think I got the last one done in like April... The governor was talking about getting rid of the inspections. I hope so as some towns have started doing emissions.

That fucking sucks, I did a bunch of work on RV’s back in the 1990’s for a local dealer and the way they are assembled is deplorable it’s almost impossible to repair them properly.
We did a bunch of engine work on a few, thats like pulling an engine in your living room with white carpets.
Body work? Forget about it the materials they use are so thin and cheep it’s impossible to repair
It's all laminated vinyl. IDK if it's pressed wood structure or timbers but it's new enough I want it replaced either way.
If they balk I'll get it fixed and trade for another brand.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
RVs and limos. I won't ride in either after working on them.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
Issues I am dealing with in no particular order

2000 Freightliner FL80 643,000 miles
Front and rear shocks worn. Sleeper leaks like a sieve and is falling apart. Due for service and DOT/state safety inspection in September

2013 International 167,000 miles on the body 68,0000 miles on the engine
Thank God it's warrantied. A nightmare the moment it rolled off the lot. Recently serviced and in service.

2004 Ford e350. 233,000 miles
OBD wasn't working. Turns out it was just a fuse. Needs a MAF sensor, on order. Needs front left ABS wheel sensor, Sloppy front end. I think it needs a tie rod. Overdue for DOT/Saftey inspection. Scheduled service for November

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan No issues to report. Scheduled for Service in December.

2019 Mazda CX9. 27,0000 miles.
My significant other's car. It looks like she drove it through a demolition derby. On lease, that is up in 12 months.

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible. 138,000 miles
Clearcoat damage on trunk and hood from car cover. It may be possible to buff out. Check engine line indicates needs a thermostat on order, needs new belts, belt kit on order that consists of 2 belts, 2 tensioners, and idler pullies.
Leaking windshield washer fluid. Scheduled for service in September.

1988 Corvette. 116,000 miles
Has dead spot at WOT when warm. May have a bad wire, and possible dirty TB. COuld be an ECM, or fuel pump sock issue too. Fuel Guage is wacky.

2010 Mercedes S550. 86,000 miles.
No issues to report at this time. Scheduled for service in the fall, under bumper to bumper warranty.

Most of these issues that I have parts on order for I will deal with myself. The wheel sensor and tie rod for the van is a PIA. I will let my mechanic deal with that. The Mazda is a real problem for me. The garage my chick parks at messed up the driver side doors and are responsible for the repairs. They insist on 3 estimates. She is whining that they haven't been done. I said to her, look you drive the car to Manhattan every day. When am I supposed to get the other two? Get it done and STFU.

The Freightliner is a warrior. I love that truck.

The International is a horror show. NEVER AGAIN! I may buy a HIno. Parts can be a PIA but there are two Hino dealers within 25 miles of my home base. If I can find a Freightliner with a Cummins I will go that route. MBE's aren't great. DEF emissions have ruined these newer trucks.

The Dodge is great. It probably takes the most abuse and is the least loved. I use it in all situations, work, family and it always sees the bad weather while the MB and BMW stay in the driveway. You can feel the added quality that comes with the Mercedes engineering in these newer Dodge models. It uses a Dodge engine and a Mercedes Transmission. The interior has a Mercedes feel to it. When the doors close they close with authority. I had close to 3000 in cargo in it the other day going up to Albany and it hauled ass up the hills. It's an impressive little van.

The BMW and Mercedes are joy's to drive. This BMW is a little more difficult to work in than my e46 but it's possible. The only time I open the hood on the MB is too check the oil or clean the engine bay.

The Vette was a money pit and probably still is. If I drive it a couple of times a month its a lot.

As if I didn't have enough problems I was thinking about buying a 1999-2002 Mustang, or this 1992 Cadillac Coupe DeVille CONVERTIBLE which is insanely rare. Only 800 were built. But, it needs an engine cradle.

THE FEZ MAN

My daily driver 05 escape.
That’s amazing for a Ford, hell thats amazing for any car, have you had any major repairs? Because one of my old customers had a S10 blazer with 400k on it and he would crow about how great of a truck it was, what he left out was that he replaced the transmission 3 times and the motor once. Not to mention the thing was a rust bucket

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
The asshole I used to work for had a '95 GMC 2500 with a 350 that made it over 400K on the original drivetrain. When I started working for him, it had like 230K on it. I drove it until around 300K then it became a backup truck. I heard it's still on the road. Company went bankrupt but one of the guys who worked for him at the end bought it. Apparently, he threw in a crate motor and tranny.

That’s amazing for a Ford, hell thats amazing for any car, have you had any major repairs? Because one of my old customers had a S10 blazer with 400k on it and he would crow about how great of a truck it was, what he left out was that he replaced the transmission 3 times and the motor once. Not to mention the thing was a rust bucket
I can't say, I'm scared it will jinx it.

THE FEZ MAN

There used to be a magazine article hangin on my tool box about ones relationship with automobiles,
The short story was;
I have a brand new car my wife drives, I put gas in it and she drives it without issue.

The rest of the story is him talking about all of the idiosyncrasies of his MGB, the proper amount and shape of oil stains, the exact amount of choke vs throttle to get it to start , the harmonics of the engine through the seat etc
But the funny one is that he has never once disturbed the factory tool kit and refuses to keep tools in the car because he didn’t want the car to get the idea that he actually enjoyed working on it and the presence of a strange tool box would upset the balance of the car and give it the idea that to be loved it required work to be performed on the side of the road.

Till about 3 years ago I was the exact same way, I never kept tools in any of my cars, now? Enough just to unfuck me if something asinine breaks

There used to be a magazine article hangin on my tool box about ones relationship with automobiles,
The short story was;
I have a brand new car my wife drives, I put gas in it and she drives it without issue.

The rest of the story is him talking about all of the idiosyncrasies of his MGB, the proper amount and shape of oil stains, the exact amount of choke vs throttle to get it to start , the harmonics of the engine through the seat etc
But the funny one is that he has never once disturbed the factory tool kit and refuses to keep tools in the car because he didn’t want the car to get the idea that he actually enjoyed working on it and the presence of a strange tool box would upset the balance of the car and give it the idea that to be loved it required work to be performed on the side of the road.

Till about 3 years ago I was the exact same way, I never kept tools in any of my cars, now? Enough just to unfuck me if something asinine breaks
I keep tools, a rescue strap, mylar blankets, knife, flashlight, biggish fire extinguisher and some food.

Never leave a slide out for long, get awnings over all slides, I have 3 slides all covered and will slide in the two easy ones while camping even if leaving for a few hours. Good luck, RV dealers are the #1 worst for warranty, tons of BS stories on FB groups.

Never leave a slide out for long, get awnings over all slides, I have 3 slides all covered and will slide in the two easy ones while camping even if leaving for a few hours. Good luck, RV dealers are the #1 worst for warranty, tons of BS stories on FB groups.
They're coming to pick it up Monday. So far they're agreeing to make any repairs under warranty and replace only as a last resort. It was almost a year wait to get this one built so I'm guessing they'll do everything they can to avoid that.
No leaks after putting the slide in and lowering the front. All five have little awning things that slide out with them but the leak was on the side wall area, not the top.