General Bitching and Moaning about your car/truck thread

The only thing that’s worth anything is the motor that’s the problem
Ya buddy was gonna take the motor out of his early 80's Diesel Rabbit and turn it into a generator for his camp. But idiot left it on private property too long (a strip mall behind his apartment) and someone either stole it or towed it. Too bad really as all it needed was a ring job as it only had like 600k KM on it...

Fun fact that was the one we got pulled over doing almost 100 mph, and the cop remarked "I have one of these, I didn't know they went this fast." Ya it was pretty much downhill from then on for him during that traffic stop.

ysr50

Donator
The only thing that’s worth anything is the motor that’s the problem
When I was in high school there was a guy a year or two older than me that was already a legit fabricator. When he was a senior he spent most of the day in the auto shop, I guess he'd already finished his prerequisites for graduation. He took his '70 something Honda CVCC and completely replaced the suspension with a hand-crafted full tube off-road sunspension that allowed him to mount 31" tires. Everything worked, all of the drivetrain was modified including CVs, brakes, axles, shock mounts. The car was actually usable in the sand, Glamis and Pismo were where he wanted to drive it. I have no idea if doing that sort of thing came naturally to him or if he had some help but looking at the car it was obviously done well. Two decades later my dad called me asking if I knew anyone who could build and install a roll cage in his Mustang. I'd heard that that guy had a fab shop with the son of one of our old neighbors, they built the cage and it was perfect. The welds were beautiful, my dad was happy and I guess that's most important. Last time I saw Quinn he jumped into an F350 4 door 4X4 dually with wheels off of a Freightliner, it might've been about 9' tall. It was funny because he was about 4'11" and weighed about 200 lbs.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Nah I was thinking something silly... like gutting it putting a tunnel in and make it rear wheel drive and cram something in...
Na, it’s a shit box not worth doing much with really. Putting the diesel in a Jeep Really is the only option I can come up with that is practical to me, and my tastes, that S.V. Seeker guy put one in a boat but it’s not working out as he expected but he won’t admit it

Na, it’s a shit box not worth doing much with really. Putting the diesel in a Jeep Really is the only option I can come up with that is practical to me, and my tastes, that S.V. Seeker guy put one in a boat but it’s not working out as he expected but he won’t admit it
Ya again I've seen the stoopid shit done to 510's

Like this is silly (well to me)... I want something that is behaved and stock looking...

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Got the windows tinted yesterday on the new ride... Windshield has clear ceramic heat rejection film. Front door windows were tinted to match the factory tint on the rear windows. I can already feel the difference.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Got the windows tinted yesterday on the new ride... Windshield has clear ceramic heat rejection film. Front door windows were tinted to match the factory tint on the rear windows. I can already feel the difference.

So you will be on LivePD when?

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
It's pretty hard to get pulled over for tint down here, unless you have something ridiculous put on like limo black.

Sheriff's deputies have tint that's darker than legal on their patrol cars. My tint guy actually works for sheriff's office and tint is just his side gig.

Live PD doesn't film near me anymore, BTW.

5skin

This morning it was raining so trucks weren't being loaded out so I went in town to the cafe to BS and ran into a neighbor from the other way from home I used to hang out with alot years ago. Anyhow he's got a towing company and got a call from the school to recover a bus suck in the mud so I volunteered to ride along. Here's what we found.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hhtGzqVNg8RhMUHCA

Poor kids.
It rained for another couple hours after this pic.
It's still there.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
I think they had to change the drive ratio on the jet drive.

It's pretty hard to get pulled over for tint down here, unless you have something ridiculous put on like limo black.

Sheriff's deputies have tint that's darker than legal on their patrol cars. My tint guy actually works for sheriff's office and tint is just his side gig.

Live PD doesn't film near me anymore, BTW.

What's really fucked up is we're close to Oklahoma, where they allow darker tint than Kansas, so I can get a ticket because I have to follow Kansas law, but the Okies get to drive around Kansas with limo tint without repercussions.

MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator
I remember in like 4th grade our bus was struck by lightning and the bus driver sat there for like 10 minutes then told everyone to walk home

There was a lot of outrage by some parents, but we had fun walking home in a giant group without supervision

ysr50

Donator
I got my brother and I permanently suspended from our private school bus by convincing him to join me in mooning an old lady behind us in traffic one afternoon on the way home from school, I had no idea she'd follow the bus and figure out where we got off. My parents received the news with mixed emotions, they were trying to pretend to be angry, but the fact they were trying not to laugh was pretty obvious.

5skin

They left it there?

no tow truck driver brave enough to go drag it out?
It continued raining for another couple hours and the highway the picture is from is well traveled with a hilltop just to the right of pic. Sheriff rerouted traffic seven miles or so and two trucks set on highway and reeled it in today I guess. Took all morning and wheels all need cleaned out on the bus.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Adjusting my headlights is really starting to become a pain in the ass, I have to physically remove the lamp housing to get to the adjusters, also Ive basically given up on the high beams, im going to try moving the bulbs closer to the reflectors to see if that helps I’m just convinced that they just suck