General Bitching and Moaning about your car/truck thread

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
You get them replaced in PA without going thru another inspection for about 15 bucks as long as we can read the serial numbers on the old ones.
They can't just scan the barcode and see the sticker with the vehicle's VIN associated in the database?

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
The lady across the street is finally getting rid of her Chevy HHR. It always sounded like a Two Stroke gargling ball bearings and was always amazed every single time she managed to start it and drive away ... and back. Some guy managed to drive it up two planks of wood onto what looks like a hay wagon. It was billowing black smoke from under the hood. The car itself looked like it was in pristine condition.
HAHA that is like this car that comes up to the stop sign at my corner and makes the turn and the CV joints have been knocking for YEARS, it is amazing how well cars are actually made now that they can keep running even with no maintenance at all.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
So my windshield got cracked by a pebble right after I went to inspection. It's bad needs to be replaced. I'm mostly concerned about my inspection sticker. They
say the sticker will be replaced like new. I'm guessing they had some hi tech way to do it .Nope looks like shit
a heat gun will soften them up and you can carefully peel them off and apply it to the new glass. I do this with the CVSA stickers they use for truck inspections. I just have to make sure I am there when they do change the windshield.

Bobobie

Bearings are over-rated. Nobody really needs em.
When I was stationed in Germany there was a Seargent who drove his Eco-box Mercedes for weeks with only two lugnuts on a tire. It would waggle from side to side and he would never acknowledge that it was a problem. It wasn't like the other lugs were sheared off either. All he had to do was add a third lug to get rid of the wobble. He was a Golfer, of course.

blazin

I got rid of my 350 Small Block after 20 years
Sold it on Craigslist for $3500. Couldnt believe it, but it did have some good parts in there.

LS swapping now, fully funded. This is an aluminum 5.3L

Fuck carburetors

When I was stationed in Germany there was a Seargent who drove his Eco-box Mercedes for weeks with only two lugnuts on a tire. It would waggle from side to side and he would never acknowledge that it was a problem. It wasn't like the other lugs were sheared off either. All he had to do was add a third lug to get rid of the wobble. He was a Golfer, of course.
Years ago saw some lady in a Valiant... I and I guess the lower control arm or something was missing as the tire was wobbling back and forth like a lot... drove beside her and pointed to her tire and she just kept on driving oblivious to everything.

Bobobie

You can still have a rack of carbs with that engine.
Sold it on Craigslist for $3500. Couldnt believe it, but it did have some good parts in there.

Fuck carburetors

Fuck carburetors

Looks good
Have you ever watched Engine Masters on the Motor Trend channel? they are getting amazing power out of any LS engine. Like junk yard engines with a turbo getting 700 hp, unreal stuff.

As much as I like them, old style small block chevys are dinosaurs these days.

Looks good
Have you ever watched Engine Masters on the Motor Trend channel? they are getting amazing power out of any LS engine. Like junk yard engines with a turbo getting 700 hp, unreal stuff.

As much as I like them, old style small block chevys are dinosaurs these days.
I have not watched that, but yeah, I am aware of what these junkyard race engines can accomplish. I have another LS-swapped 5.3L blazer that I enjoy greatly....and that's what made me realize I was wasting my time with the SBC with all these high dollar bullshit parts.

that motor you see is actually straight from the junkyard out of a 2005 Buick Rainier.... $150 lol. I put a cam, lifters, and new valve springs, but nothing else (except a new oil pan to fit in the Blazer)

Once i get this running, I am going to do a Chinese 7875 turbo on like 10-14lbs...nothing crazy...shooting for 500-550hp to the wheels on pump gas. No E85 around here.

Ive seen SBE (Stock Bottom End) junkyard LS's put 1000hp down....quite the engine

5skin

Somewhere on Molly Ringwald
I like his videos, but his constant swallowing is a liitle annoying. Cotton mouth from too much pot smoking?
Not into it, not his deal. He's ADD and always going fast, especially talking. I'd guess it's the talking fast and smoking.
Did a video a month or so ago telling his history and vices.

A lil herb might level him out.

Are Junk yard iron block LS engines still cheap since there now seems to be a kit to drop them into nearly any vehicle?

5skin

Somewhere on Molly Ringwald
Are Junk yard iron block LS engines still cheap since there now seems to be a kit to drop them into nearly any vehicle?
$300-500 with computer and harness is pretty reasonable imo and about where they're at here.

really depends on what and where. Ive seen them for a few hundred to 1000+. I paid $1500 for a 5.3L LM7 (Early 2000's silverado) with a 2005 4L80e, but paid $150 for the one I'm working on now from a u-pull

6.0L's still seem to be bringing good money, like $1400-1600 for a complete drop out

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
I spent the afternoon getting quotes on car insurance before I pull the trigger on a renewal with the current company. I'm glad I did, got some better coverage options for less money. Going to call current company tomorrow and see if there's any other discounts they can offer me before I jump ship.