OpieRadio Logo
Anthony Cumia Show Logo
Jim Norton Logo

General Bitching and Moaning about your House/Apartment/Folks' Basement thread

Discussion in 'Wackbag Home Improvement & Car Repair' started by maz, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Cunt Smasher

Cunt Smasher Caligula Jr.

2. Haeder

Haeder South Dakota

I see something you missed.

First time installing a screen door

3. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

Well, my “drain the oil tank” project has started, 15 minutes to fill a 5gallon can, 275 gallons of fuel oil, this is going to take forever

4. Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein Infidel and White Interloper
    Wackbag Staff

What is the purpose?

5. THE FEZ MAN

I’m demolishing that house, I thought that I told them to stop filling the tank last season, but they filled it last week, so I need to drain the tank, so every time I go over I’m going to bring back 10 gallons, dump it in Pepe' and put it in the fuel tank here at my new house. I also have a buyer for the old tank which is brand new

Sinn Fein likes this.
  6. Falldog

Falldog Wackbag's Best Conservative
    Donator

7. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

i never put one in but it doesnt look hard at all. you just t off the cold line going to your sink like you would for a dishwasher and run it to that. all you need tool wise is some basic channel locks and adjustable wrench and MAYBE a drill with a hole saw bit to drill a hole in the sink/counter if your sink doesnt already have a knock out for a soap dispenser/instahot water dispenser/this thing

8. Falldog

Donator

I got the air gap thing doing nothing now. When I got a new dishwasher the ran the water/drain differently.

There are a few others on Amazon with way more filters and apparently a capacity tank.

9. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

can you show me what you mean by air gap doing nothing? as a carpenter i dont wanna give you bad advise on what its gonna take to do.

10. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

oh now that i finally kicked out my former bestfriend his girl and their 3 kids i gotta a lot of work to do. can you believe these dick heads let their kids draw all over the shower walls and tub with crayons as well as all over the walls in the bedroom, kitchen, and living room with not just crayons but magic markers. the crayon will come off the walls because i made sure to use an eggshell finish on their walls. but really magic markers? they are lucky i didnt see it happening i would slapped those kids clear across the room and freaked out on their parents. bad enough i caught their son pissing on the carpet in his bedroom. they saw how i lost my mind about that why let em draw on the walls. thank god those ungrateful fucks are gone (i only charged them $550 rent for 3 bed 1 bath with livingroom to themselves. ) they owe me 2 months rent still. i had to formally evict them and said if you dont gtfo in 1 week im calling the sheriff because i already filed the paperwork and they said call when you want them to come

11. Falldog

Donator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Falldog

Donator

Have channel locks, will probably just need to get a pair of those fancy grips that get up behind a sink.

13. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

I'd also put a whole house filter as well..

[​IMG]

14. Falldog

Donator

Water's not that bad, I drink from the skink half the time lol. Just want something in the kitchen so I don't have a Britta pitcher taking up space in the fridge.

#889 Falldog, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  15. NotSoFast

NotSoFast Registered User

I bet you do "drink from the skin", faggot.

Cunt Smasher, THE FEZ MAN and Falldog like this.
  16. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

Yeah you need a faucet wrench. Also that's a vent because your dishwasher was to far from the main stack to guarantee it would drain properly so that supplements the venting so it drains. That's where a soap dispenser would go as well. Thats the exact spot I was talking about

17. 5skin

5skin Registered User

That's so raw.

18. Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff

The air gap is code in many places now. Not sure of the case in this area, but I have one.

19. Haeder

Haeder South Dakota

Jokari whale head fountain for the win.

20. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

ah i was sort of wrong in what i thought it does. it is a vent but its to put an air bubble in the line basically to prevent back flow when using the skink (@Falldog ). its not code here in NJ unless your sink is certain distance from the vent stack where back flow maybe an issue.

Sinn Fein likes this.
  21. Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff

I have a garbage disposal, so of course that's what the dishwasher drains into. When we first moved in here, the disposal didn't work (motor was seized), but it wasn't a priority to fix. Well, somehow, the dishwasher ended up sucking back shitty water from the disposal. Once I figured it out, I decided to pit in an air gap. The drain line seemed to be looped high enough under the counter, but whatever, I just didn't want to deal with it again.

I have a stainless-steel sink with a small bowl on the left (where the disposal is) and the standard size large bowl on the right. I borrowed a Greenlee knockout tool, made the hole for it, and popped in the air gap. We never had a problem after that. Since then, both the disposal and the dishwasher have been replaced. I still have the air gap. It saved my ass once, because my mother in law has a bad habit of putting shit in the disposal and not turning it on (I think it scares her, she doesn't like the noise, whatever). Anyway, she left a bunch of shit in the disposal. It made the dishwasher back up and luckily, it all spilled out of the air gap into the large sink bowl and then down the drain. Without the air gap, it probably would have come up the drain and overflowed the small sink bowl and made a mess of my kitchen.

22. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

yeah my roommates i evicted did that shit all the time. dump a ton of shit in it while the dishwasher is running and walk away. i freaked out the first time like you dumb mother fuckers YOU HAVE TO RUN THE DISPOSAL EVERY TIME YOU DUMP FOOD IN IT or else the diswasher is gonna over flow the sink. happened at least 10 more times. finally i said im gonna turn the breaker off to the dishwasher and lock the panel if you do it again......yup happened again. so i did what i said and they were forced to hand wash dishes for a family of 5 every day. i even put a lockable plug in the small sink so they couldnt dump food in it

23. THE FEZ MAN

And I’m losing a tree, actually I lost the tree and it’s leaning precariously against another tree both of which could come down and cause mass destruction.... I am not happy about it, I knew it was in bad shape, but apparently the last few weeks of insane cold followed by a quick warm up caused it to give way, I was planning on having several removed in the spring, but this has greatly accelerated the process, the real kicker is they are going to have to bring in a crane to remove it safely.... I’m thinking this is going to cost me dearly.... like $10,000....

24. Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff

I got two trees I really need to get trimmed this spring. I've been putting it off but it's way overdue at this point. Because we don't have winter per-se down here, shit just grows and grows. I can't believe how much these trees have grown in five years. Now I understand why there are so many tree companies down here.

25. blazin

blazin Registered User

Got my neighbor on video stealing my trashcan.

Not on speaking terms with them for almost 4 years, been looking to steal it back but they arent putting it out.

[​IMG]