Not that they were ever far away
But they're in single houses now here
Owning or renting , I'm not sure
Thanks Trump

ysr50

Donator
Apr 20, 2012
Maybe

In other news, my new mortgage was sold to Wells Fargo before I even got a chance to make the first payment.
That happens. Interest rates dropped a couple years after I bought my house so I called Chase to refinance to the new lower rate, nope. Refinanced with another lender at the lower rate, made one payment and got a letter in the mail telling me Chase had purchased my loan at the new rate. That was probably around 2003, dummies.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
for me its a win.

My buddy who did my mortgage works for Guaranteed Rate, so he got his commission

all my banking is done thru Wells, including my current mortgage. The new one just showed up the other day under my account list, ready to go, already linked to my others for autopay.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
My mortgage is through Quicken Loans. I bought the house in late 2012, and sometime in 2013 got a letter in the mail saying my mortgage had been sold to Fannie Mae, but that QL would still be servicing it.

I still make all of my payments and such through QL, and in fact, I refinanced it down to a 15-year through them in December 2016. I have not been notified that the new mortgage has been sold.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
My mortgage was sold 4 times before I paid it off and the bank
that had it last is gone too so it would have been more if I hadn't
paid it off sooner than required.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Welp wires begone, all of them were long enough except for one to be dropped down and connected in a 8" junction box.

So the one cable that was two short I thought I would have to have a switch box with a cover in it to access the splice. But they changed the code so now you can use in wall splices.

They have been used in modular houses for years apparently. Now waiting for a dry day to take the window out again and hang the door and shit.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
My mortgage was sold 4 times before I paid it off and the bank
that had it last is gone too so it would have been more if I hadn't
paid it off sooner than required.
Oddly the loan for my previous pick up I guess got sold twice as well. First was some bank, then Wells Fargo then Syncronicity or something... like I'm talking a 4 year loan that I paid off in 3.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Saw this, figured it's appropriate here given recent conversation...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Ya I am still waiting to see what next years tax bill with with the new bafroom and two bedrooms. As I went from a two bedroom to a 4. Really 3 as the bedroom that has the warsher dryer is pretty small.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I think my taxes are going to go up because I replaced my AC. That's fucking insane. There's nonsense on the permit about taxable value and it's filled in with the cost of the job.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
I think my taxes are going to go up because I replaced my AC. That's fucking insane. There's nonsense on the permit about taxable value and it's filled in with the cost of the job.
You know what? I just got a letter about some permit inspection bullshit for the air conditioner I had installed 6 fucking months ago, accessing the air handler is an absolute pain in the fucking dick

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
You know what? I just got a letter about some permit inspection bullshit for the air conditioner I had installed 6 fucking months ago, accessing the air handler is an absolute pain in the fucking dick
I still got the permits taped to my front window. On the day of the install, I told the installer that I have a shitty work schedule and I need to actually schedule a date and time for them to come and do the final inspection so that I'll actually be here. When I had my windows done, they just showed the fuck up. Luckily, I was home. Anyhow, I told the guy that I am off every other Friday so that's when he needs to schedule the inspection. He said they'd set it up for today.

I sat home all day with my thumb up my ass thinking they were coming today. The owner calls me today at 4PM to ask when someone will be home all day next week for the inspector to come out. Clearly, his install guy did not communicate with him about the situation. My cell phone was charging in the other room so I didn't get the message until like 6PM tonight. I'll call them Monday and re-explain my schedule. They can't come out until the 26th now. No big deal, they have 90 days from date of install.

At my previous house, we had been there almost two years and the inspector showed up to do the final inspection on the bathroom the previous owner added downstairs before putting the house up for sale.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
Im doing a natural gas conversion in my new house and shopping for a boiler & hot water system

The current oil burner is from the early 90s, so it's a good time

Im gonna do a high efficiency boiler, maybe Lochinvar or a few people mentioned Navian, but I'm still researching my hot water options.

Tankless vs. Indirect? Who's the expert?

from what I read tankless has issues

ysr50

Donator
Apr 20, 2012
Im doing a natural gas conversion in my new house and shopping for a boiler & hot water system

The current oil burner is from the early 90s, so it's a good time

Im gonna do a high efficiency boiler, maybe Lochinvar or a few people mentioned Navian, but I'm still researching my hot water options.

Tankless vs. Indirect? Who's the expert?

from what I read tankless has issues
I prefer a water heater just because if SHTF its 40 gallons of fresh water that I've already got stored.