General Bitching and Moaning about your House/Apartment/Folks' Basement thread

ysr50

Donator
Apr 20, 2012
Thats cool. Im ok with people saying no for that reason.
The reason they are as good as they are is because they do everything right. Their website is very simple, it lists services, licenses and contact info. I heard about them from a friend. I was talking to the supervisor/foreman about what they do and he said he used to work for a shady company that was always trying to find a nickel where they picked up a penny, in other words corners were cut. He said it was a breath of fresh air to work without fear of getting in trouble. He apologized for being 10 minutes late and explained that tuesday morning was when they had their all hands meeting in the yard and he was late because the donut shop fucked up the order for his crew. None of the guys were day laborers and they all seemed pretty happy to jump into my trees in 25 mph winds. The owners wife also stopped by (she was driving a Prius wrapped in the company logo) as they were finishing up just to make sure everything went well, it was a nice and entirely unecessary gesture. Those people are making money hand over fist, I need them to come back for some junipers in my front yard and I'm having issues rebooking them. The point is doing EVERYTHING the right way isn't the easiest path, but it is the most profitable long road.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
The reason they are as good as they are is because they do everything right. Their website is very simple, it lists services, licenses and contact info. I heard about them from a friend. I was talking to the supervisor/foreman about what they do and he said he used to work for a shady company that was always trying to find a nickel where they picked up a penny, in other words corners were cut. He said it was a breath of fresh air to work without fear of getting in trouble. He apologized for being 10 minutes late and explained that tuesday morning was when they had their all hands meeting in the yard and he was late because the donut shop fucked up the order for his crew. None of the guys were day laborers and they all seemed pretty happy to jump into my trees in 25 mph winds. The owners wife also stopped by (she was driving a Prius wrapped in the company logo) as they were finishing up just to make sure everything went well, it was a nice and entirely unecessary gesture. Those people are making money hand over fist, I need them to come back for some junipers in my front yard and I'm having issues rebooking them. The point is doing EVERYTHING the right way isn't the easiest path, but it is the most profitable long road.
Im fully aware of this and im trying to get in that direction but as of right this very second unless someone stakes me im gonna have to wait till i sell my house to get there. I am good at what i do and make good money on my own the few jobs that i get but i make just enough to scrape by working for my stepdad but i wont leave him high and dry. Once i sell my house i can get my own thing going and once i build up my business to where i got steady work ill leave him or take over his company if hes ready to quit. I wanna be legit i just cant afford it at the moment

ysr50

Donator
Apr 20, 2012
Im fully aware of this and im trying to get in that direction but as of right this very second unless someone stakes me im gonna have to wait till i sell my house to get there. I am good at what i do and make good money on my own the few jobs that i get but i make just enough to scrape by working for my stepdad but i wont leave him high and dry. Once i sell my house i can get my own thing going and once i build up my business to where i got steady work ill leave him or take over his company if hes ready to quit. I wanna be legit i just cant afford it at the moment
I hope you didn't think I was trying to belittle you, if anything I was trying to offer an example of what might be possible. Life stinks if you let it walk all over you and forget to blame yourself for being asleep on a busy sidewalk.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
I hope you didn't think I was trying to belittle you, if anything I was trying to offer an example of what might be possible. Life stinks if you let it walk all over you and forget to blame yourself for being asleep on a busy sidewalk.
No i know you werent. Most people are like you which is why i dont get very many of my own jobs right now because im not licensed and insured. If i was different story im sure.

ysr50

Donator
Apr 20, 2012
No i know you werent. Most people are like you which is why i dont get very many of my own jobs right now because im not licensed and insured. If i was different story im sure.
Why wait for your step dad to retire? With 20 years of experience there must be a path to the license. I'd imagine getting it would open the oyster, so what's the hold up?

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
Why wait for your step dad to retire? With 20 years of experience there must be a path to the license. I'd imagine getting it would open the oyster, so what's the hold up?
Reread what i said. All my money is tied up in my house once i sell it ill be able to pay for the license and insurance and then when i have that once i get enough steady work on my own ill either leave or take over his if hes ready to quit at that time and be able to double my work. Im not going to wait on him if he wants to keep going. I just wont leave for good till i got enough work that i can meaning ill keep going back once i finish a job if i dont have another on its heels

ysr50

Donator
Apr 20, 2012
Reread what i said. All my money is tied up in my house once i sell it ill be able to pay for the license and insurance and then when i have that once i get enough steady work on my own ill either leave or take over his if hes ready to quit at that time and be able to double my work. Im not going to wait on him if he wants to keep going. I just wont leave for good till i got enough work that i can meaning ill keep going back once i finish a job if i dont have another on its heels
You have to pay for the license? You fucking people shit on California? There is a fee, but it's just filing and testing fees, it's minimal. A couple of friends of mine are journeyman plumbers and they make a lot more money than me and all they did was study a little at night and take the test after they paid the fee.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
You have to pay for the license? You fucking people shit on California? There is a fee, but it's just filing and testing fees, it's minimal. A couple of friends of mine are journeyman plumbers and they make a lot more money than me and all they did was study a little at night and take the test after they paid the fee.
Its a few hundred for the test and license and then you need insurance and setup an llc and see a cpa and get setup for quarterly taxes. Basically you need about $1200 to get started and like i said all my money is in my house and i make enough to scrape by. 1200 is 2 weeks pay before taxes so really its almost 3 weeks. I couldnt live on a little over a weeks pay for a month.

5skin

May 14, 2010
the woods
Berettes? Dafuq you talking aboot? No im not short and chubby. Why do you know a guy whose short chubby and wears berettes in his hair?
Because he's one of the local junkers, faggot too.

Most any bank will be willing to write a note for a start-up with experience, a few sold jobs would be beneficial.
Now I feel like my help is overpaid at $18hr minimum and $25hr for my lead. First year harvest hands got $18hr this year.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ

Most any bank will be willing to write a note for a start-up with experience, a few sold jobs would be beneficial.
Now I feel like my help is overpaid at $18hr minimum and $25hr for my lead. First year harvest hands got $18hr this year.
Not with me filing for bankruptcy 4yrs afo they won't

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ

Also maybe i should move to the midwest. First year harvest hands get bout 12.50 here n we do hard crops like cabbage lettuce peppers n blueberries

5skin

May 14, 2010
the woods
Also maybe i should move to the midwest. First year harvest hands get bout 12.50 here n we do hard crops like cabbage lettuce peppers n blueberries
Subway needs sandwich artists, $15hr to start. And Home Depot needs help starting at $15hr, shortage of help caused store opening delay. A guy with a CDL is needed at the DOT starting at $25hr, on call 40+ hrs week.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
Subway needs sandwich artists, $15hr to start. And Home Depot needs help starting at $15hr, shortage of help caused store opening delay. A guy with a CDL is needed at the DOT starting at $25hr, on call 40+ hrs week.
HD starts at 9 here so does subway. Which is wierd since our cost of living is almost double yours. Consider that im paying 6500 in property taxes a year for 1900sqft on less than a 1/8acre valued at 180k by the town that ill get 105k for if im lucky

Haeder

South Dakota
Mar 30, 2005
I could line up enough work for where I live to keep you busy for the rest of your life with no licensing fees - only insurance. Even that should be dirt cheap.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
I could line up enough work for where I live to keep you busy for the rest of your life with no licensing fees - only insurance. Even that should be dirt cheap.
Yea, but ts a fucking waste land 1000 miles from the ocean, I think I would dry up and die, I know tattered would, pineys need that ocean breeze

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
HD starts at 9 here so does subway. Which is wierd since our cost of living is almost double yours. Consider that im paying 6500 in property taxes a year for 1900sqft on less than a 1/8acre valued at 180k by the town that ill get 105k for if im lucky
Where you going to live when you sell your house? And what happened to moving down here?

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
Where you going to live when you sell your house? And what happened to moving down here?
Im not sure yet. As for FL. My buddies mom was trying to find a place for us but everwhere in our price range either wanted a min of 6 week work history or a credit check (which i cant pass) so we just gave up on the idea because i wasnt going to pay thru the nose to live in a hotel/motel for 6 weeks or more because i have a dog.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
They have lots of problems down here with people who come down here, can't find no job, and can't pay the rent. Plus, the rental market is hot down here, always is. Between the 1000 people who move here every day along with tourists and snowbirds, they can get what they ask for rents.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
I answered it. Im considering my options. Odds are ill never move out of nj as much as id love to and been saying i would since high school. If Haeder isnt bullshitting about work ill have to seriously consider whereever the fuck hes at

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
Where you live? What are summers like? Idgaf about winter i cant stand oppressive humid heat
Yea, but ts a fucking waste land 1000 miles from the ocean, I think I would dry up and die, I know tattered would, pineys need that ocean breeze
I could give a shit about the ocean. Haven't been in it in 30yrs n i dont fish

Haeder

South Dakota
Mar 30, 2005
Where you live? What are summers like? Idgaf about winter i cant stand oppressive humid heatI could give a shit about the ocean. Haven't been in it in 30yrs n i dont fish
South Dakota.

The summer is fine. Some hot stretches but humidity is not bad.

Monthly rent is cheap. $500 gets something mediocre. $750 gets something fairly decent. $1,000 gets new construction.

ysr50

Donator
Apr 20, 2012
South Dakota.

The summer is fine. Some hot stretches but humidity is not bad.

Monthly rent is cheap. $500 gets something mediocre. $750 gets something fairly decent. $1,000 gets new construction.
Don't forget the winters, they can be brutal if someone isn't accustomed to them. He says he doesn't care about the cold weather, but a temperate climate like New Jersey is nothing compared to the kind of prolonged misery that the Dakotas are more than willing to serve up on an annual basis. It's a completely different kind of cold.

Haeder

South Dakota
Mar 30, 2005
Don't forget the winters, they can be brutal if someone isn't accustomed to them. He says he doesn't care about the cold weather, but a temperate climate like New Jersey is nothing compared to the kind of prolonged misery that the Dakotas are more than willing to serve up on an annual basis. It's a completely different kind of cold.
There's nothing quite like a prairie blizzard except a prolonged prairie winter.