General Bitching and Moaning about your House/Apartment/Folks' Basement thread

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Finally got pissed off enough at my lawn mower to pull the carburetor off, it didn’t have visible water in it but when I ran the fuel into a container, after a few minutes, water separated out, it did have a small chunk of shit in the main jet but I couldn’t get the jet completely, out (fucking California) bah, I now need to run it totally dry and try to get the water out of the tank before winter.
I make it a point to run “hightest” gas in it at all times I was hoping that would negate some of the problems that come from shitty cheep gas I also put probably too much sea foam in my gas can bah... what a pain in the ass.

I will say that it seemed to run better but I have a sinking feeling that will be short lived, I might also dump my gas can and blow it out

5skin

Finally got pissed off enough at my lawn mower to pull the carburetor off, it didn’t have visible water in it but when I ran the fuel into a container, after a few minutes, water separated out, it did have a small chunk of shit in the main jet but I couldn’t get the jet completely, out (fucking California) bah, I now need to run it totally dry and try to get the water out of the tank before winter.
I make it a point to run “hightest” gas in it at all times I was hoping that would negate some of the problems that come from shitty cheep gas I also put probably too much sea foam in my gas can bah... what a pain in the ass.

I will say that it seemed to run better but I have a sinking feeling that will be short lived, I might also dump my gas can and blow it out
Maybe they went under when the tide came in the garage.

Maybe they went under when the tide came in the garage.
Shitty ethanol in gas... bane of my existence when I had the farm when shit like the generator always had to have gas in it as we would lose power so much...

5skin

Shitty ethanol in gas... bane of my existence when I had the farm when shit like the generator always had to have gas in it as we would lose power so much...
If it's vented freely ethanol would evaporate faster than it could draw a noticeable amount of moisture. Also it evaporates clean with no residue like regular fuel. Mo bettah for equipment that sets.

If it's vented freely ethanol would evaporate faster than it could draw a noticeable amount of moisture. Also it evaporates clean with no residue like regular fuel. Mo bettah for equipment that sets.
My new walk behind brush hog has a carbon filter on it to filter out goodness to the air... guessing a california thing... can we just get rid of at least the bottom part of that liberal asshole tree hugging state... jeebus

FYI it was a Husqvarna generator with a Honda engine... usually started 1st of 2nd pull but I added that enzyme shit to the gas and the 4 years I ran it (cunt has it now) it always started.

Last edited:

5skin

My new walk behind brush hog has a carbon filter on it to filter out goodness to the air... guessing a california thing... can we just get rid of at least the bottom part of that liberal asshole tree hugging state... jeebus

FYI it was a Husqvarna generator with a Honda engine... usually started 1st of 2nd pull but I added that enzyme shit to the gas and the 4 years I ran it (cunt has it now) it always started.
Stabil is horrible for carbs.
Good for gas, bad for carb.
Run ethanol and turn it off.
I add octane booster at year end and run it through small engines and the bikes and haven't had any problems.
Equipment just gets parked with ethanol and always starts fine. Granted most doesn't stay more than five years before updating and there's little that isn't diesel.

Stabil is horrible for carbs.
Good for gas, bad for carb.
Run ethanol and turn it off.
I add octane booster at year end and run it through small engines and the bikes and haven't had any problems.
Equipment just gets parked with ethanol and always starts fine. Granted most doesn't stay more than five years before updating and there's little that isn't diesel.
Not Stabil... I'm not new... still have some downstairs I'll give you the name later... but this shit sat in my generator for 4 years with no issues...