General games discussion

I never really got into the GTA games either, but RED DEAD REDEMPTION was right up my alley. I loved every moment of that game. Even the horse riding from place to place never got old for me. I think they could have given us a few more DLC packs, though.
I played it but don't remember anything about it except him getting killed at the end.

I don't really want to play this one because I saw some things that could be described as "woke".

Pickle

Stayed up late watching mlb playoffs and playing destiny 2. I’m surprised I’m having fun with it tbh. It’s the first bungie game I’ve played since halo 2 and it really does blend solid FPS action with mmorpg elements well.

You can be wandering around doing solo stuff and stumble onto an event where other players are fighting a boss, then when you start helping the event is auto-activated and you get to grab the loot upon completion.

It also seems like making it free to play on the pc they throw you into the game without much guidance. There’s a quick intro mission but I had to figure out most of mmo intricacies on my own. You start at 750 power level and begin finding legendary items after only a few quests. Almost like how old WoW expansions allowed you to create a level 65 character so you could participate in late-game content.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
I never really got into the GTA games either, but RED DEAD REDEMPTION was right up my alley. I loved every moment of that game. Even the horse riding from place to place never got old for me. I think they could have given us a few more DLC packs, though.
GTA V was a masterpiece. the moments with the Trevor character alone were worth the price of the game.

Anyway, I’m getting this as I’ve been starved for a good open world game since my second GTA V play through where I made all 3 characters billionaires.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
GTA V was a masterpiece. the moments with the Trevor character alone were worth the price of the game.

Anyway, I’m getting this as I’ve been starved for a good open world game since my second GTA V play through where I made all 3 characters billionaires.

You have yet to play RDR2?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I got about 15-20 hours into RDR2 and was done. Bored me to tears. Too many useless systems, too much mindless riding.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
As am I.

You're in for a treat. It's a very good game. Not GTAV good, but very very good.
I wasn’t gonna buy any games probably until Cyberpunk comes out so this came as a pleasant surprise.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
I wasn’t gonna buy any games probably until Cyberpunk comes out so this came as a pleasant surprise.
If you take your time, and do side missions a plenty, it should last you until it comes out. I've been good so far, but being evil must be a difficult playthrough.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
If you take your time, and do side missions a plenty, it should last you until it comes out. I've been good so far, but being evil must be a difficult playthrough.
In all these type of games I hold off main quests until there’s nothing left to do. Anyone who beelines main quests in games like Fallout or GTA is just doing it wrong.

DiggerNick

Donator
In all these type of games I hold off main quests until there’s nothing left to do. Anyone who beelines main quests in games like Fallout or GTA is just doing it wrong.
I never got anywhere near finishing DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION or SKYRIM because I got so mired in side quests that I had no fucking clue what the main storyline was. It is possible for a game to have TOO MUCH in it to distract from the main goal.

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
I will say that GTA V is my favorite GTA and it’s not close.

RDR2 is an altogether different animal, serious as hell and very deliberate. My 2018 GOTY.

when having a conversation while riding on horseback if you move far enough from your companions they’ll raise their voices to be heard better.
They recorded all of this dialogue in both speaking and yelling voices. Fuckin Rockstar.

Been waiting to see if RDR2 would ever come to PC. Very happy. Tired of people crying and cheating in multiplayer games.
Give me open world solo player games, though still haven't tried Witcher 3. Not keen on RPG, but looks great

BIV

I will say that GTA V is my favorite GTA and it’s not close.

RDR2 is an altogether different animal, serious as hell and very deliberate. My 2018 GOTY.

when having a conversation while riding on horseback if you move far enough from your companions they’ll raise their voices to be heard better.
They recorded all of this dialogue in both speaking and yelling voices. Fuckin Rockstar.
Horse scrotum physics.

Crazy fucks made the horse balls shrink or grow depending on the temperature.

I don't like Rockstar games but the future mods that come out will be interesting.

I finally got around to GTA 5 this month and turned it off an hour or less in. I fucking HATE the star system. Its "gamey" in the worst fucking way.
I just picked that up last month. I hate having had to play the first mission just to Free-Ride offline. Fuck that. I never play the missions, just the play for the mods.

BIV

Anyone following this Fortnite thing? They have been teasing "The End" for a while, along with a pic that might be a whole new map.

I guess yesterday the entire map as well as the title screen and everything was sucked into a black hole. Now, when you log in, you see nothing but the black hole.

Kinda brilliant, really. This is going to suck in a ton of lapsed players when it re-launches.

I can't imagine how much money they have lost, though. I saw someone estimate they rack in a half million to a million dollars a day.