General games discussion

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
That's a wrap in Farcry 5. I'm happy to get rid of it as it's a bit of a storage pig in my HD. Too many games in my queue. I don't know where to start.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
A new 80's /90's retro arcade just opened up by me. Just came back from it. If any of you are in the Morris NJ area its called 'Marcade' off 46 by the border of Rockaway. They have a good selection of games

DiggerNick

Donator
SNIPER ELITE is probably my favourite game franchise. Imagine my delight when they announced a new 4K re-skinning of the second game (a for-skinning?)

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
A new 80's /90's retro arcade just opened up by me. Just came back from it. If any of you are in the Morris NJ area its called 'Marcade' off 46 by the border of Rockaway. They have a good selection of games
Got one in town here too. Do they have the 'gimmick' machines?

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/beercade-edmonton

It's ok, but a lot of the games they have, I could do without. The 4 man Mario Kart could fuck off for 4-5 old school Arcade Cabinets. The giant Pac-Man could be removed for another 3 full sized machines. Some of the choices they make at these places annoy me to no end.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Got one in town here too. Do they have the 'gimmick' machines?

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/beercade-edmonton

It's ok, but a lot of the games they have, I could do without. The 4 man Mario Kart could fuck off for 4-5 old school Arcade Cabinets. The giant Pac-Man could be removed for another 3 full sized machines. Some of the choices they make at these places annoy me to no end.
Nope. Nothing but old 80s-90s cabinets and some racing sit downs like OutRun 2

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Yeah they put a couple homo's in Overwatch too. Blizzard (*cough* Activision! *cough*) loves to virtue signal. Game has no single player mode. No 'lore' beyond comics and a handful of CGI Shorts. Zero reason to bring any characters sexual preference into the game. Fucking retarded.
They know their target audience.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
A Mexican woman, a black guy, a white guy, and an Asian women created the X-Box?

I guess this is why Sony is better this gen. Just a room full of Asian men chain smoking. That's how you get shit made.
I appreciate the joke, but the Xbox is a superior machine.

Last edited:

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
money isn't really a thing for me, that being said I've never seen a reason to buy an Xbox one when I have a PlayStation 4.

BIV

okay, I'm not being a dick, but how does having less options make it a good thing?
Personally, I don't get it. I like having a drive.

The theory is that it's cheaper so people who are trying to go all digital can get the cheaper version.

To me, that works if it's $100 off. But Fifty bucks? Fuck that shit.

But the industry is trying to push us to an all digital future (they hate used games, you know). Rumor has it that the new Xbox will have two versions, one with a disc drive and one without.

BIV

They also want a lower barrier to entry. Again, the price doesn't make sense to me for this. The theory being that one you get on the system and have Game Pass, you'll be hooked and want the Xbox for next gen....overcoming the slow start they had with the Xbox One launch

Which is not the worst theory. Gamepass is awesome.

money isn't really a thing for me, that being said I've never seen a reason to buy an Xbox one when I have a PlayStation 4.

Xbox is my 3rd party machine. It's just a better box and the controller is much better, IMO. The UI and multimedia kicks the shit out of PS4. Really the only thing Sony has going for it is a superior exclusive library (which is significant) and sheer numbers.

We are looking to get far more parity in exclusives next gen, so that may change.