GenY Entitled Bitch: Why Every Social Media Manager Should Be Under 25

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
It's amazing to see the level of stupidity of the average recent college graduate.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
I got attacked on reddit yesterday or the day before because I referred to Generation Y as Generation Y. I was told that it's a bullshit name because... I forget the big words he used to make his point, but it boiled down to it doesn't give them an identity of their own, forever pushing them into the shadow of Generation X and relegating them to a subservient position or some such. I couldn't believe someone was actually that passionate about generation names.

I'll have to go look and see if they posted what the "acceptable" name is. I figured Generation Y was less offensive than Trophy Kids.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
She has a concentration in "Creative Nonfiction Writing". That sounds a lot like "twisting the truth" to me.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Stupid bitch... they want 10 years of experience in marketing, as well as just having a fucking job. I'm sure Dell doesn't want its Facebook page covered with stuff like "OMG, so Apple kinda blows... except my iPhone, I love that... but I would totally get a Dell".

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
On the bright side, the comments I've scrolled through seem to hate the bitch.

On the other bright side, she's a 6 who becomes an 8 at closing time.

jimmyslostchin

Malarkey is slang for bullshit isn't it?
Jun 8, 2005
NJ
The evisceration she got in the comments gave me such a warm, fuzzy feeling.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
The only thing that takes away most of the fun is that she probably isn't reading the comments.
Oh, if she's not reading the comments, it's because she already read enough of them to feel like shit. She may put on a "those old people don't know what they're talking about because they're old and I'm super smart" facade or delude herself into somewhat believing it, but deep down, insecurity is eating away at her and she knows what she did wrong.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Oh, if she's not reading the comments, it's because she already read enough of them to feel like shit. She may put on a "those old people don't know what they're talking about because they're old and I'm super smart" facade or delude herself into somewhat believing it, but deep down, insecurity is eating away at her and she knows what she did wrong.
Hopefully she's a cutter and got carried away.

CaffeeDiva

Feb 14, 2012
Her biggest sin is her awful writing. Cliche's abound in the first paragraph. How about you use a fucking thesaurus instead of referring to social media as "insanely huge" you cunt. No wonder you're not in charge of a company's direct line to the public.

These are the sort of cunts who get 70's/80's or higher in their Communications Degrees. They're not smacked down for lack of creativity or effort, and go into the world with false notions of their abilities.

What an irrelevant twat.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
She doesn't even have a Communications degree. That would make her bad prose understandable. Her degree is in English.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
It's My Birthday!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
...wait a minute, im 26, does this make me an auld cunt!?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
...wait a minute, im 26, does this make me an auld cunt!?
It just means you can't be Director of Twitter Services in whatever insane Logan's Run fantasy she lives in.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
It just means you can't be Director of Twitter Services in whatever insane Logan's Run fantasy she lives in.
The ironic thing is that unless it starred the blank faced bitch from Twilight, this dumb whore wouldn't even get the Logan's Run reference.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
She does make a good point here:

The specificity of the ways in which the method should be used is usually beyond them, however. The typically tired commercial statements or aggressively slang-imitating phrases companies tend to use on their sites do not match the witty, honest, energetic atmosphere these social media outlets offer.
Nothing lamer than trying to watch big corporate marketing departments try and appear "hip" by using either street or youth vernacular.

CaffeeDiva

Feb 14, 2012
She doesn't even have a Communications degree. That would make her bad prose understandable. Her degree is in English.
No... No.

I recently graduated from The University of Iowa with a B.A. in English and a concentration in Creative Nonfiction Writing.
What the fuck does that even mean. Does creative mean anything beyond transcribing?

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
What the fuck does that even mean. Does creative mean anything beyond transcribing?
Not sure. I would think that non-fiction would preclude being "creative". But then again, facts mean nothing to so many people these days...