George Carlin - It's Bad for You

tourettesguy

Certified Labia Inspector
Oct 4, 2005
965
0
0
Akron, OH
#1
So what did you guys think?

I thought the 29 pound dinosaur turd joke was superb.

One of his best specials. Definitely top 2.

Watch it on HBO West tonight at 1am if you missed the live show.
 

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
144,475
51,094
644
#2
I had no idea it was on tonight. Will catch it On Demand.
 
Jan 3, 2006
2,581
0
0
In Fleas Mom's Box
#4
Started off slow. Ended with a great speech on "Rights v. Privleges."

He now definitely looks like Alfred Hitchcock with a beard.
 

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
8,925
1
0
Facing a monitor.
#6
Just watched it, and it was freakin' amazing. One of my favorite Carlin HBO specials of all time, his rant on "Child Obsession" is gold. A must-see for any fan of comedy. Carlin at 70 is better than any comedian in the world in his prime. Like I said, just do yourself a favor and watch the goddamn special, and laugh your ass off, like I did.
 
Feb 5, 2003
5,574
930
753
With a stranger
#7
It was way better than his last special. His last show was ok, but no grreat. This one was funny from start to finish. I caught it by accident flipping through the channels. I had no idea it was on and just happened to flip over to HBO just before it started.
 

Ronreddog

Unofficial O&A Twitter Tough Guy
May 11, 2007
1,879
3
163
Sunny Florida
#8
I have to watch this from start to finish, caught the last half hour. He has been one of my favorite comedians, and seeing him live is a must, for those that haven't.

I will catch it tonight, On Demand.
 

askewcore

Why am I Mr. Sparkle?
Dec 5, 2004
10,292
0
0
#9
I loved it. He had me rolling for almost the whole time, and when he didnt he mad making really good statements about society and shit. He is the best there is, hands down, thats it. Carlin is the man.
 

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
13,850
640
628
Flea Bottom
#10
It was way better than his last special. His last show was ok, but no grreat.
Yeah I agree. His last show was godawful for a george carlin show, but still better than a lot of the crap out there. The new one wasn't up to the standards he set throughout the 90's, but it was still one of the best I've seen in recent years and probably in the top 50 of all time.
Best line was "You remember my neighbor with the burns on 90% of her body? Well she burned the other 10% now. She was lighting a fart and her bush caught fire".
 

poppAwoody

C colon enter
May 23, 2006
1,585
2
378
LI, New York
#11
maybe I wasn't that much into it but I didn't find it all too funny. But I was at work and doing other shit. I loved his earlier work and happened upon it accidentally but it seemed to let me down some
 

dodisman

Registered User
Feb 20, 2005
3,327
0
461
#12
thought it was one of the better ones of the last 10 years...had some good laughs watching it didnt feel overly preachy...