Movie Geostorm - In Which Gerard Butler Takes HitW Crown from Eric Roberts - October 20, 2017

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
@Pigdango

Full trailer.

I love how every actor in the movie seems like a low budget version of a real actor. Richard Shiff instead of Stanley Tucci, Generic Worried Sarcastic Sidekick Who May Or May Not Have Been In a Movie Before, Almost Karl Urban, Not Quite Missandei, Fake Maria Bello and Andy Garcia.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
@Pigdango

Full trailer.

I love how every actor in the movie seems like a low budget version of a real actor. Richard Shiff instead of Stanley Tucci, Generic Worried Sarcastic Sidekick Who May
Or May Not Have Been In a Movie Before, Almost Karl Urban, Not Quite Missandei, Fake Maria Bello and Andy Garcia.
That is the most spectacular trailer I've ever seen. This has moved to #1 on my most anticipated list. I haven't looked forward to a movie more since Battleship. @Neckbeard - clear your calendar for January.

You forgot almost Kyra Sedgwick - Mare Winningham. And has Gerard Butler been reduced to "Not Quite Russell Crowe?"

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
That is the most spectacular trailer I've ever seen. This has moved to #1 on my most anticipated list. I haven't looked forward to a movie more since Battleship. @Neckbeard - clear your calendar for January.

You forgot almost Kyra Sedgwick - Mare Winningham. And has Gerard Butler been reduced to "Not Quite Russell Crowe?"
300 Butler was Not Quite Russell Crowe. Now Butler is Almost Steven Seagal.

"Forgive me for being late. I literally had to fly in... From outer space."

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
@DR. Jimcy M.E. might be the only one who gets this, but you could replace Gerard Butler with Jack Decker and it would be the same movie.

Oh, and Not Katherine Heigl (overly strict blonde professional) is Abbie Cornish of Sucker Punch/Robocop and wormy sidekick guy is Jim Sturgess from...Across The Universe I want to say?

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
300 Butler was Not Quite Russell Crowe. Now Butler is Almost Steven Seagal.

"Forgive me for being late. I literally had to fly in... From space."
There was just so much win in that trailer. I had to stop and have a full fledged giggle fit when they tried to copy Matthew McConaughey's goodbye to his daughter in Interstellar.

"A Geostorm." :haha7:

But of course the best part was "If you can't stop it - No One Can."

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
There was just so much win in that trailer. I had to stop and have a full fledged giggle fit when they tried to copy Matthew McConaughey's goodbye to his daughter in Interstellar.

"A Geostorm." :haha7:

But of course the best part was "If you can't stop it - No One Can."
"You look older than I thought."

Really? Who would have thought the head scientist of the Planet Weather System Go is in his mid-to-late 40s?

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
@DR. Jimcy M.E. might be the only one who gets this, but you could replace Gerard Butler with Jack Decker and it would be the same movie.

Oh, and Not Katherine Heigl (overly strict blonde professional) is Abbie Cornish of Sucker Punch/Robocop and wormy sidekick guy is Jim Sturgess from...Across The Universe I want to say?
"We're kidnapping the President - IN A SELF DRIVING CAB."

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
All I want to do is a supercut of this trailer with all the movies it's trying to rip off. It's almost like it should be called Disaster Movie 2: Disaster in Space.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
All I want to do is a supercut of this trailer with all the movies it's trying to rip off. It's almost like it should be called Disaster Movie 2: Disaster in Space.
Time Has Come Today = Bad Moon Rising from Kong: Skull Island

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Why would the US President have the kill codes since it is clearly a multi-national space weapon?

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Why would the US President have the kill codes since it is clearly a multi-national space weapon?
It's a thinly veiled shot at Trump, who currently has the power to destroy the world with his Tweeting.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
@Pigdango

Full trailer.

I love how every actor in the movie seems like a low budget version of a real actor. Richard Shiff instead of Stanley Tucci, Generic Worried Sarcastic Sidekick Who May Or May Not Have Been In a Movie Before, Almost Karl Urban, Not Quite Missandei, Fake Maria Bello and Andy Garcia.
That's Jim Sturges!

And holy shit. It's like Emmerich and Devlin threw the scripts to Amrageddon, The Day After Tomorrow, and 2012 into a shredder and taped together the pieces in random order.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
@Pigdango

Full trailer.

Wait, this isn't a SyFy/Asylum movie? This is a real film?

Hooo boy....

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Butler is a bit out of shape.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Fuck it, I liked that line.
But space travel seems really common in this future. It's like saying "Forgive me for being late. I literally had to fly in... From Los Angeles."

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Aug 20, 2004
That's Jim Sturges!

And holy shit. It's like Emmerich and Devlin threw the scripts to Amrageddon, The Day After Tomorrow, and 2012 into a shredder and taped together the pieces in random order.
Yeeessss!!!! This is a perfect description of the beauty that will be Geostorm. Holy hell, am I excited for the douchiness. Piggy was right, this will be the "let the healing begin" movie of the year. So much spectacular cheese for everyone.