Germans Crash Test a Chinese Car, earns one star!

Nortonsmeatytit

"That ball is outta here"
Sep 11, 2005
Philly
Germany’s ADAC regulatory group crash tested a Chinese vehicle the Brilliance BS6, it earned the vehicle a “one-star” rating, according to Germany’s ADAC regulatory group. The 40-mph offset frontal collision (standard European New Car Assessment Program requirement) caused horrendous damage; both the roof and floor buckled severely, the driver’s door bowed outward and the steering wheel deflected inward, destroying the airbag’s potential to absorb some of the collision. The side impact test was nearly as painful to view, and envisioning actual occupants inside is scary to say the least.

BMW has partnered with Brilliance to produce sedans in China for the Chinese market. As such, the BS6’s production line was designed by BMW technicians. Styling was done by the Italian firm Giugiaro, and Mitsubishi has collaborated in a joint engine production venture.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C_wAeLogoCA

Get ready because Chinese pieces of shit like this are getting ready to flood the market here in the states very soon.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Having luckily survived an offset frontal impact in a Ford Festive (1300lbs.) doing 30-35 MPH with a Honda Accord (2855lbs.) crossing over into my lane, I'd never buy any piece of fucking Chinese shit vehicle, EVER.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
Is 5 star frontal required now for cars in the US?

Here's another Chinese car:

[yt]f7rrk3ZjN-I[/yt]

BMW has partnered with Brilliance to produce sedans in China for the Chinese market. As such, the BS6’s production line was designed by BMW technicians. Styling was done by the Italian firm Giugiaro, and Mitsubishi has collaborated in a joint engine production venture.
Looks like Brilliance should partner with Volvo to figure out how to make a car that won't fold up under scrutiny, Hendry!

There are several similar videos on YouTube and still pics elsewhere on the web. One can only hope that these Chinese automakers are only building these cars for domestic consumption and will build more survivable cars for export to countries where the buyers actually care about crash performance.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Get ready because Chinese pieces of shit like this are getting ready to flood the market here in the states very soon.
What, am I going to be forced to buy one?

Remember when "Made in Japan" used to mean cheap and low quality.