Get Mel on the phone!

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Today the boys said, Mel Karmazin was suppose to call the show to say the show will continue after the merger. And the call never came.

Perhaps we should start digging for phone numbers and emails to get Mel's attention he owes the show a call.

Not an attack, but just to get Melvin's attention so he makes that call.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Melvin would be much too busy to take the call. So fuck him and that horse fucker he rides.

Stalker2

Jun 7, 2001
TRueWDTer
Now I`m starting to think if the merger/takeover happens...are they going to have this douchy televised thing where Hoo hoo will meet O and A at a press conference and they have to shake hands and forgive...Please fucking god do not let this takeover/merger happen.

Hysterectomeal

More like "Jew York"
Jul 10, 2007
Brookfield, IL
Now I`m starting to think if the merger/takeover happens...are they going to have this douchy televised thing where Hoo hoo will meet O and A at a press conference and they have to shake hands and forgive...Please fucking god do not let this takeover/merger happen.

I just got cold reading that

hehateme

O and A convert, 1999
Oct 4, 2004
Eddie and Dave's truce will last longer than that truce..

reddog_2711

Jan 11, 2007
Rochester, NY
Now I`m starting to think if the merger/takeover happens...are they going to have this douchy televised thing where Hoo hoo will meet O and A at a press conference and they have to shake hands and forgive.
< Insert douche chills here >

Stalker2

Jun 7, 2001
TRueWDTer
I already plan the second the takeover happens I`m cancelling my subscription.There is no good to come of this and Karmazon and Hoo hoo and Bubba are not getting a penny from me.Get them before they get us.

Tryaluckystrike

Feb 19, 2007
Strange enough, O&A would probably do it because it would show Stern is finally able (or forced?) to consider them equals. They'd do it for the simple fact that they know it would tear Hoo Hoo up inside. And O&A are all about getting the respect they deserve for building an ORIGINAL radio empire.

It wouldn't happen though because Stern would NEVER do it. It would force him to abandon his "clones" bullshit and he wouldn't be willing to put his ego aside, even for money.

rustytrombone1

May 26, 2005
Connecticut
it's business folks....merger happens...the boys are on FM only. Too much money's been invested in hoohoo and the boys on a year to year/smaller contract.

the far side

Jul 6, 2006
Brick NJ
I already plan the second the takeover happens I`m cancelling my subscription.There is no good to come of this and Karmazon and Hoo hoo and Bubba are not getting a penny from me.Get them before they get us.
Im gonna agree with you here sir. I dont get the warm fuzzyy feeling Mel and his crew are going to do anything good for the boys. Hopefully i' m wrong on this tho

STARTSOMETHING

I wanna b, like ronnie b!
Jul 30, 2005
Harrisburg PA
Today the boys said, Mel Karmazin was suppose to call the show to say the show will continue after the merger. And the call never came.

Perhaps we should start digging for phone numbers and emails to get Mel's attention he owes the show a call.

No attack? Let us be pests :jail2:

Stalker2

Jun 7, 2001
TRueWDTer
O and A would never do that[Shake hands with Hoo hoo] but you know Karmazon would love to hype that up as a gimmick for the new Sirius whatever the fuck they will call it.

I hate Howard Stern.He will not get a penny from me...as I say the second the takeover happens I cancel my subscription.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Any pest effort to get Mel's attention would only hurt the boys, so this is a terrible idea if you think you're actually helping. However, with their comments this week the boys seem pretty determined to hurt themselves, so I'm not sure it matters. Self destructive douches.

Maddog62

Dark Lord of PEST
Apr 17, 2005
San Bernardino CA

I don't know what you want to call it. I am so ready to dump my sub if need be again. Ron Bennington said it best, don't stop the flow of money. Maybe we need to be starting up the war chatter. The whole idea of this merger is to is to gain advantage because of the numbers. If OnA go I will also.......

krispykreme

Jun 23, 2005
Face it O&A aren't going to set the world on fire from XM/Sirius. They are going to do that by being syndicated in more markets, and getting back on in afternoons. The sooner they are cut loose from XM/Sirius the better for them. Sure, some of you in smaller markets and driving trucks are going to lose them. But in the long run, they are a developing show, and that means being where the people are. That is terrestrial radio.

Mar 4, 2005
Philly
Face it O&A aren't going to set the world on fire from XM/Sirius. They are going to do that by being syndicated in more markets, and getting back on in afternoons. The sooner they are cut loose from XM/Sirius the better for them. Sure, some of you in smaller markets and driving trucks are going to lose them. But in the long run, they are a developing show, and that means being where the people are. That is terrestrial radio.
See its just proof that they failed! They didn't set the world on fire!

Woodfloorlicker

Host, "The Radio Freaks" & Meaty Breasted Zilch
Dec 2, 2005
Philthydelphia, PA
Any pest effort to get Mel's attention would only hurt the boys, so this is a terrible idea if you think you're actually helping. However, with their comments this week the boys seem pretty determined to hurt themselves, so I'm not sure it matters. Self destructive douches.
While Cokelogic's intentions are certainly more than in the right place, I think fandango has a point here, although I'm not exactly sure what they did this week that would be deemed "self destructive".

If O&A are on a cliff as it is, sending Mel phone calls and emails, no matter how polite and well intentioned, is gonna cause him to make the final push to send the boys over the edge.

Now, that being said, we will still have the boys on terrestrial radio, and that sucks in so many different ways, but if you recall, that's where most of us became fans anyways.

I say that if things go south after the merger and O&A do get pushed out, that's the time for the war-cries and tom-tom beatings (no pun intended).

Maddog62

Dark Lord of PEST
Apr 17, 2005
San Bernardino CA
Terestrial Radio blows. OnA do and have done there best shit on XM since the new rules. Its not the WNEW times anymore.

I think starting the threads here and getting people invovled behind the scenes will defiantly help the situation. just alittle saber rattle.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
A little sabre rattling might work, but you can't go calling or e-mailing Mel and demanding that he call the boys. A call/e-mail telling him that you're big fans of the show and that you hope if the merger goes through, he's going to keep them, will get much better results, I think.

Other than the Hughley show I haven't really been able to listen this week. Has the merger gone through or is this all just speculation on our parts?

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
i'm sure there are ways for the companies
to measure what channels
are being listened to or not
i don't know what those numbers are
maybe somebody else around here does
i'm preety sure the Boys are doing
pretty fucking well
and the higher ups know it
if for some reason they are gone
i'm sure most of us will be gone also
i'm thinking they're gonna stay

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
We cannot go to or against Mel. You really think a couple of calls or e-mail will make Mel think twice about whatever his plans are? He, rightfully, looks at us as pathetic peons. He knows they have fans, he knows the listenership. You really think by saying "we really, really, really, like O+A will change anything?" If we bother him, only bad could come.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
if the boys are bringing in money
they stay
mel karmaahzie isn't stupid
an ass maybe
but not stupid

hawk4444

Also known as Butters
Jun 23, 2005
Bisbee, AZ
To lose either O&A or R&F would be a devistating blow to my life.