Get woke go broke

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I don't know what it is but I doubt it has anything to do with quality. When have most people ever wanted quality in their shows and movies? If anything, the problem might be too high of quality.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
I don't know what it is but I doubt it has anything to do with quality. When have most people ever wanted quality in their shows and movies? If anything, the problem might be too high of quality.
I think with TV quality is still ok, but I can't remember a year where I gave less of a shit about new movies coming out. It seems like we had a great run a few years ago, but this summer has been horrible.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I think with TV quality is still ok, but I can't remember a year where I gave less of a shit about new movies coming out. It seems like we had a great run a few years ago, but this summer has been horrible.
I don't know a single movie coming out other than Lion King.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
I don't know a single movie coming out other than Lion King.
I looked at home releases for the next six months and the only one I even slightly cared about seeing was Endgame.

I just went through the past 8 years and here are what I'd consider good movies (I did miss seeing a few that were well received). I skipped Marvel movies because they all kind of morph into one for me. Overall this decade was pretty solid, until this year.

2019:

???

2018:

Green Book
A Star is Born

2017:

Dunkirk
The Florida Project
Logan
The Shape of Water
Get Out (didn't like it a ton but it was unique enough to be interesting)
Wind River
John Wick 2

2016:

Arrival
Deadpool
Green Room
Hacksaw Ridge
Hell or High Water

2015:

Creed
Ex Machina
The Hateful Eight
The Martian
Mad Max
The Revenant
Sicario

2014:

American Sniper
Birdman
Boyhood
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Interstellar
Whiplast
John Wick

2013:

American Hustle
Her
Gravity
Inside Ilewyn Davis
The Wolf of Wall Street

2012:

The Cabin in the Woods
Django Unchained
Looper
Moonrise Kingdom
Silver Linings Playbook
Zero Dark Thirty

2011:

Drive
Melancholia
Moneyball
The Tree of Life

2010:

The American
Black Swan
The Fighter
Inception
127 Hours
The Social Network
The Town
True Grit
Winter's Bone

Bobobie

Not to mention the quality of the movies they show in the US is just awful, I have both Netflix and Amazon prime, and honestly I can’t find shit to watch, Netflix in the US is full of foreign films that are borderline unwatchable, I’ve given them plenty of shots, but watching a shitty zombie movie made in Australia, or some obscure British sitcom isn’t worth $12 a month also I never knew how many awful movies that nick cage made, there are no less than 5 on Netflix right now.
When I was in Europe I got to watch “first run” films that weren’t available in the US. At least amazon has a smattering go decent films but even those are shit that I’ve seen 5 times, I don’t want to watch a Bollywood action flick, I want to watch alien and not have to pay $3 for it
VPN: Spiderman Homecoming is on Netflix Europe right now.

Last edited:

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Disney Plus is going to destroy.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Hmmmmm I distinctly remember a bunch of twats around here saying the ad was bullshit and no one had any reason to be pissed about it, apparently there was 5 billion dollars worth of fuck you associated with it
It's ok the patriarchy was still smashed because Captain Marvel broke box office records.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Hmmmmm I distinctly remember a bunch of twats around here saying the ad was bullshit and no one had any reason to be pissed about it, apparently there was 5 billion dollars worth of fuck you associated with it
I wasn't one of the "twats" but doing a little research, it doesn't seem the ad is much of a factor. The declining sales go back 5 years due to people shaving less, and to a lesser extent, competition. Anyways, the 8 billion writedown didn't affect P&G stock which soared to an all time high.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
I wasn't one of the "twats" but doing a little research, it doesn't seem the ad is much of a factor. The declining sales go back 5 years due to people shaving less, and to a lesser extent, competition. Anyways, the 8 billion writedown didn't affect P&G stock which soared to an all time high.
And this great economy is completely the result of Obama.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
P&G also just settled a huge lawsuit with their competition (Dollar Shave, Pace, Dorco) that has already eliminated Dorco's online store and will probably force the competition to raise their prices. All over how they coated their blades and Gillette has a patent on it. I was getting like, 10 Dorco Pace 6 blades and handle for like 2 bucks. I think they're going to Amazon, but I cleaned them out and probably got a year or two's worth of blades for like 50 bucks.

They may use the same coating on their blades, but the difference for me is that Dorco blades never cut my face and one blade will last alot longer than Gillette garbage. Also the price, which was a nice perk.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
The shaving business is different now as both Harrys and Dollar Shave were bought up by the companies they were started to compete with.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I think the ad was a Hail Mary in attempt to get Millennials who are shaving less. It didn't work and it could have been adverse but the damage was already done before the ad.