Get woke go broke

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
P&G also just settled a huge lawsuit with their competition (Dollar Shave, Pace, Dorco) that has already eliminated Dorco's online store and will probably force the competition to raise their prices. All over how they coated their blades and Gillette has a patent on it. I was getting like, 10 Dorco Pace 6 blades and handle for like 2 bucks. I think they're going to Amazon, but I cleaned them out and probably got a year or two's worth of blades for like 50 bucks.

They may use the same coating on their blades, but the difference for me is that Dorco blades never cut my face and one blade will last alot longer than Gillette garbage. Also the price, which was a nice perk.
Shit I didn't know this. I better stock up.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
It's ok the patriarchy was still smashed because Captain Marvel broke box office records.
Are you really equating a superhero movie with that Gillette ad? I saw Captain Marvel twice, and there wasn’t anything woke about it that I recall. That’s the point I guess you still don’t get - when you throw a hissy fit over... well, absolutely nothing in Captain Marvel, you become the very thing that commercial said you are.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Shit I didn't know this. I better stock up.
Dorco's online store closes on 8/31, I think. They'll continue to be sold thru Amazon...but not sure if Amazon is buying them (and rebranding them as Amazon Basics) or if they'll continue as Dorco. Regardless, I'm sure the price is going up since they'll probably have to pay P&G a percentage...that, or they change how they make their razors (in other words, make them shitty) so that they can still be sold for cheap. I'm not sure about Harry's, but Dollar Shave and Pace all used Dorco blades, so I'm sure they're all going to change a bit. I was able to buy 24 Pace 6 refills for like, $28 on their website. I bought two of them, and that will last me a long time, assuming the blades hold over time (didn't think about that).

And we wonder why P&G will continue on just fine with Gillette...its pretty clear.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Millennials who are shaving less
I wonder how many did what I did and bought an electric shaver. Granted, I don't have a ton of facial hair to get through, but I've been using mine for around 8 years without issue.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
I think the ad was a Hail Mary in attempt to get Millennials who are shaving less. It didn't work and it could have been adverse but the damage was already done before the ad.
I don't really care about the "woke" nature of the ad, I wouldn't mind the company going bankrupt for how idiotic the marketing concept was. The guy who suggested it should have been fired as soon as the meeting was done. From a business standpoint, there's no way you pick up more customers that you lose with this ad campaign. Even if you're going after woke millennials, having an ad campaign directed at men that could be taken as saying "use our product to be more feminine" isn't going to appeal to a lot of people.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Are you really equating a superhero movie with that Gillette ad? I saw Captain Marvel twice, and there wasn’t anything woke about it that I recall. That’s the point I guess you still don’t get - when you throw a hissy fit over... well, absolutely nothing in Captain Marvel, you become the very thing that commercial said you are.

Relax...I figured you'd be able to see when I post 100% troll bait nowadays.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Hmmmmm I distinctly remember a bunch of twats around here saying the ad was bullshit and no one had any reason to be pissed about it, apparently there was 5 billion dollars worth of fuck you associated with it
There is absolutely a contingent of vagina men on the bag.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Who's worse? The vag contingent or the old stubborn men with their overly simple analyses?

I know, they are equally awful.
No, they are not equally awful, overly sensitive manjinas are much much worse than a grumpy old fart that just hates everything now

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Get off my lawn pussy

You think I'm in the vag contingent? Why do you think that other than me being cunty?

I might be more conservative than you in some aspects. For example, I'm more pro-life than you.

And in non-political ways, I'm less vagina like. For example, I consider carrying a weapon to be the most feminine thing a person can do, so I'd never do that. Just that alone, makes me more masculine, right?

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
You think I'm in the vag contingent? Why do you think that other than me being cunty?

I might be more conservative than you in some aspects. For example, I'm more pro-life than you.

And in non-political ways, I'm less vagina like. For example, I consider carrying a weapon to be the most feminine thing a person can do, so I'd never do that. Just that alone, makes me more masculine, right?

You’re fucking cry baby rebuttals are more than enough to solidify your mangina.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Lighten up Francis? Is that really what passes for a good post around here? Stop trolling.
I didn't tell you to lighten up or call you Francis. I told you not to cross your legs like that. You talk with your hands too much.

domelogic

Another casualty...

Who told me people would not make a dent by not buying Gillette? Was that you lackass. P&G was to big for that to matter. Hmm even though it is a write off of ahem only 5 bil, you probably think you are still correct. It is always great when you piss off your customers. Pandering to millennials does not work, Hell most of them have grown beards to try and be manly. Dummies deserve what they get.