Get woke go broke

Atomic Fireball

Donator
I have no idea what this soy faggot is whining about but I approve:

>The Troubles

The hysterical left appear to be conflating the Trump presidency with the 4,000 dead and 50,000 casualties in Northern Ireland. It seems reasonable to rename the Pelosi-Schiff House of Representatives "The Holocaust".

Atomic Fireball

Donator

Next up to bat Charlie's Wahmen November 7

The Great White Whale is Star Wars Plan 9. They claim the budget is $180M but let's be real and call it $300M. Times two for marketing and figure $600M breakeven (@Pigdango?). Difficult to tank but not impossible.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator

The Great White Whale is Star Wars Plan 9. They claim the budget is $180M but let's be real and call it $300M. Times two for marketing and figure $600M breakeven (@Pigdango?). Difficult to tank but not impossible.
I was chatting with @Neon on the Twitter about why this movie bombed. I admit I didn't fully understand his point. He cited the producers forcing Tim Miller to put in "I'll Be Back" and some other references/callbacks as a sign the producers didn't care about the film. And if the filmmakers don't care, why should the audience? Of course that's true, I'm just not sure I buy into any notion that the filmmakers don't care. Obviously they care. They invested $180 million into this 4th attempt at rebooting the franchise. They at least care about trying to make some money back, and the best way to do that is make the best movie you can. Nobody tries to make a bad movie. Sometimes it just happens.

I just think it was too little and too much, too late and too soon all at the same time. Too little overall interest in the franchise. Too many different attempts at restarting it. Too long after the high point of the franchise, and also too soon after Genisys. There simply wasn't a market for another Terminator film. The woke-ness, if there was any (I haven't seen the film) certainly didn't have much impact. I'd say something like 99.9% of the people upset about girl Terminators and Tim Miller's comments weren't going to see the movie anyway because they were sick of the franchise.

At $180 million, the break-even is something in the neighborhood of $600 million, depending on how much comes from China. I would guess this will settle in somewhere around where Genisys finished ($440 million), which means a loss of $120 million plus. The only good thing is that is split among three studios. The bad thing is those 3 get added to the 2 that got fucked over by Genisys. So yeah...This franchise is well and truly dead.

As for Star Wars, that's one movie where the filmmakers and the media attacking the fans has definitely had an impact. The Last Jedi definitely got under some people's skin, but Lucasfilm's response to that has turned hating the film and the franchise into a cottage industry. My prediction is that Episode 9 will open under $150 million. Unless it's magnificent, which seems unlikely, that will put it at great risk of finishing under $1 Billion worldwide. It will still turn a profit if it makes $800 million, but there's no way Disney can spin that as a positive.

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
Haven't they figured out that attacking any of your potential audience is a bad thing? Do studios need to force ppl to sign STFU clauses?

SKEPTIC

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Terminator: Dark Fate
is the story of three women who band together to save the future world, which has been ravaged by a genocidal artificial intelligence, by protecting a future resistance leader from a robot that’s been sent back in time to kill her.
The other great thing about the film is that there are barely any cis men in it—the only ones have bit parts, and most of them die.
I’m not counting the two seemingly man-identified Terminators, one of whom can adopt the physical form of any human—male, female, or otherwise—and neither of whom seem too attached to the human construct of gender. But the contrast between those two Terminators, the only major man-adjacent characters in the story, suggests that Terminator: Dark Fate is, at its core, a meditation on contemporary masculinity, divorced from gender. The film villainizes the wooden, mindlessly belligerent masculinity of the new Terminator (Gabriel Luna) while suggesting a better mode of acting like a human man: the reformed, diaper-changing masculinity of Carl (Arnold Schwarzenegger), an older-model Terminator who’s learning to perform emotional labor, decorate a cozy home, and provide refreshments when company comes calling. Carl has also established a nontraditional family unit—he and his partner, a human woman, are romantically involved and co-parent a child, but they don’t have sex. He self-destructs in the end, but only after finishing off the toxic-masculinity robot first. Show me a better ally!
Once the two masculine-of-center women lay their macho posturing aside, the trio at the center of the film leans on camaraderie, trust in women, and mutual skill-sharing to ensure a future for humanity. The only conceivable takeaway from the film is that queer aesthetics and queer family-making are potent antidotes to pressing injustices (including, in another unexpected twist, the mass detention of immigrant asylum-seekers), modern-day economic stressors (robots taking people’s jobs), and dystopian likelihoods (an artificial general intelligence prevailing over humankind). In the future Terminator: Dark Fate envisions, rigid gender norms and compulsory heterosexuality do not keep order—they entrap. Only queers in muscle shirts can save us.
Slate: Terminator: Dark Fate Is the Gayest Terminator Yet

Floyd1977

Haven't they figured out that attacking any of your potential audience is a bad thing? Do studios need to force ppl to sign STFU clauses?
You’d think after female ghostbusters they would have learned.

Granted, I haven’t see this new thing yet but I’ve avoided spoilers. The impression I’m getting is that it’s a Viva la Vulva fest? If that’s the case, then why? All the terminator movies I’ve seen had a strong woman, but you weren’t beaten over the head by it.

Actually, every Cameron involved movie I can think of has a strong woman.

SKEPTIC

Here's the article to go with the pic you posted:

Get Woke, Go Broke: ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Bombs At The Box Office

The article, in explaining the film's woke narrative, contains spoilers, so I'll tag this excerpt:

Let’s not beat around the bush, Terminator Dark Fate is an unoriginal disgrace on just about every level. The very fiber of this film comes off as someone who is ashamed that the foundation of this franchise does not fit their current day intersectional feminist worldview, so they decided to change it by repealing and replacing everything they felt was problematic with more progressive friendly elements.
Let’s start with John Connor. The character who is the primary protagonist of the Terminator franchise is killed minutes into the film and is completely removed from the equation only to be replaced by the new hero of Daniella “Dani” Ramos. This is why progressive think tanks are killing cinema and entertainment as we know it. Because in the world of intersectionality, the only thing they see is a white male action star who just doesn’t fit the bill of the modern Hollywood diversity and inclusion agenda so he must be replaced. If you thought it was bad enough that they made John a villain in the last movie, the progressive Gods decided it was time for him to die thus rendering the plot of multiple films completely and utterly useless.​
that excerpt from the article is a quote from this review (contains spoilers fyi):

Terminator Dark Fate Review: An Unoriginal Hostile Takeover Of The Franchise

Last edited:

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
From what I've heard it's just rehashing the same shit we've seen before. RLM liked some parts but overall it sucked.

SKEPTIC

Thanks to promo stills and paparazzi shots of Mackenzie Davis in bowl cut/dirty tank topped glory, many queer women I know have been eagerly awaiting Terminator: Dark Fate for months. Davis, who gained dykon status for her role in “San Junipero,” Black Mirror’s gayest and sweetest episode, got jacked for her role as Grace, a robotically enhanced human sent from the future to protect Dani, a robotics factory worker living in Mexico.
I did not expect to love it, and I especially did not expect Terminator: Dark Fate to be so, SO gay.
a not-inconsiderable portion of the movie focuses on Sarah and Grace’s competing ideas about how to keep Dani safe, and it is so. So. Gay.
Nearly from the moment Grace meets Dani, it’s clear there is more to their relationship than Grace will let on. I can’t tell you much about what that relationship entails without spoiling it — though my wife figured it out, like, ten minutes in, so maybe I should assume you’re smarter than I am. Let’s just say that there’s at least one good reason Grace is so immediately loyal to Dani, even though (as Dani insists) she’s nobody, and certainly not worth dying for. The movie eventually gives you that one perfectly logical reason. The other, unstated reason is that they are obviously, at some point in the future, in love.
While I suppose we must accept that, canonically, Connor was once involved with a man (their son, John, being the would-be leader of the Terminator resistance), Dark Fate establishes her as either bi or late-in-life lesbian. There is no heterosexual explanation for the outfits she wears in this film, or for her swagger. Connor is a hot butch mommi with a thing for Dani, and the only thing standing in her way is a butch with superhuman strength (Grace). Will they overcome their selfish desires and work together to save the woman they both obviously love? You will have to see for yourself.
But this much isn’t debatable: Terminator: Dark Fate is a lesbian love triangle story. I can only assume its queerness wasn’t made explicit because it’s about saving humanity, and there wasn’t a ton of spare time for sex. If Connor and Grace’s roles were played by men, there would be no question about their ulterior motives, and I would find it gross and annoying. But instead they’re all played by hot women, so it’s gay, and cool, and I love it. And if there’s a follow-up, I expect kissing.
The New Terminator Is My Favorite Lesbian Love Triangle

DiggerNick

Donator
TERMINATOR: DANK FART star Mackenzie Davis is all in on this 'intersectionality' shit. She is quoted at saying that feminism and the black civil rights movement are the same. Obviously she doesn't know that actual black people hate people like her. Blacks don't like feminists and fags trying to piggy-back on their very real history of oppression. The only blacks that do are the privileged college Marxists house n!ggers, spreading their assholes for whatever the Democrats want to stick up it..

Damn, I was getting ready to like this bitch, too. I thought she was very striking in BLADE RUNNER 2049.

FlyingDouche

Damn, I was getting ready to like this bitch, too. I thought she was very striking in BLADE RUNNER 2049.
I really liked her in The Martian... But looking at a picture of her in that movie, and in Terminator... Holy shit, things have gone downhill.

"Only queers in muscle shirts can save us."

Pass. Let them stick to producing dance music.

SKEPTIC

Get woke

Rolling Stone: Elizabeth Banks’ Crew of Woke Angels Rescue Latest ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Reboot

highlights:

Banks and her crew of woke Angels
So brave.

“Women can do everything,” says Sabina in the rousing opening line from a film that celebrates girl power from first moment to last.
The future is female.

Sabina is also gender fluid which creates sexual tension with fellow Angel and frenemy Jane (a vibrant Ella Balinska)
Gender fluidity is so woke.

In the new Angels universe, Bosley is more a title (like Lieutenant) than a character. There are now dozens of Bosleys spread across the world, all reporting to the unseen Charlie, still only a voice on a squawk box. But with the longest-running top Bosley (Patrick Stewart, hamming to the hilt) being forced into retirement, Banks’ surrogate has her eyes on the prize. Good on Banks for obliterating the infamous “male gaze” in favor of something less sexist and jiggle obsessed.
Take that patriarchy!

And for a plot, developed by Banks from a story by Evan Spiliotopoulos and David Auburn (the Pulitzer-prize winning playwright of Proof), Banks takes on the hot-button issue of climate change. Don’t worry, the Angels haven’t gone PBS. They just need to save Calisto, an alternative source of sustainable energy, from being stolen and weaponized by the bad guys, all of them formula villains or interchangeable male bimbos. Female revenge is sweet.
Does Greta Thunberg make a cameo?

see also:

Dailywire: ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Goes Ultra-Woke With Feminist Lectures And Climate Change Messaging

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Go broke

Deadline: How ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Fell From Grace At The Box Office With An $8M+ Opening

Charlie’s Angels reboot, which is tanking with a God-awful $8.2M opening
The Elizabeth Banks-directed-written and produced pic is also opening in 27 offshore markets, China being one where it’s also bombing, with a $6M two-day take in second place behind local title Somewhere Winter ($8.8M).
Says RelishMix, which also foresaw this disaster approaching on social media chatter, “Angels is the latest example in a ‘woke’ effort to reboot a franchise that many were not all that interested in to start with. In fact, many references to the 2000 version get a call-out as a reason this one doesn’t seem to compare – whether it’s the cast or the action teased from the film. And, as observed with other recent films, some action/adventure, unfortunately fans say they’re steering clear of this one because of its ‘girl power’ messaging.”

At some point they are going to have to start making movies that people want to see and make a profit or just stop making movies all together.

Korea still makes good movies.

Nice hedging. If people don’t want to see my loaded with woke feminist nonsense, it THEIR faults they can’t handle it. Here are some movies that have strong female characters that didn’t suck, the first 2 Terminator movies (of course they eventually fucked even that franchise up), the original Star Wars trilogy (which they also eventually fucked up), first two Alien movies (at least, so far, had only got fucked up by bizarre story and stupid characters)

Here‘s another hint, Women don’t go to movies, at least not on their own. And on the occasion when they do it‘s to see and fantasize about rich, handsome men sexually dominating them.

Last edited:

SKEPTIC

Get woke

Rolling Stone: Elizabeth Banks’ Crew of Woke Angels Rescue Latest ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Reboot

highlights:

So brave.

The future is female.

Gender fluidity is so woke.

Take that patriarchy!

Does Greta Thunberg make a cameo?

see also:

Dailywire: ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Goes Ultra-Woke With Feminist Lectures And Climate Change Messaging

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Go broke

Deadline: How ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Fell From Grace At The Box Office With An $8M+ Opening
I can't see why people didn't want to pay to see this :haha7: