Get woke go broke

Atomic Fireball

Donator
When you're corralled into the merch at Galaxy's Edge. A massive left-wing corporation's coy plausible deniability?

====================================================================

Bobobie

Demanding pay raises from a company that's losing money is exactly the sort of sound financial thinking I expect from the "you just pay for it" party.
Remember the Hostess banruptsy? Unions have been doing this for years. They would rather let a business fail and put all their workers out of work than give any concessions that would keep it from closing.

Bobobie

I love that Vice is failing. They are the epitome of the Get Woke go broke meme. They went radical left for that big media moolah and now they are worth peanuts. Occasionally I get Rick-rolled into seeing 15 seconds of some Vice Documentary on my kodi Box. They can't even get people to pirate their shitty content.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
I love that Vice is failing. They are the epitome of the Get Woke go broke meme. They went radical left for that big media moolah and now they are worth peanuts. Occasionally I get Rick-rolled into seeing 15 seconds of some Vice Documentary on my kodi Box. They can't even get people to pirate their shitty content.
I tired to watch a series about beer on Vice, but, of course it turned out to be a show about angry lesbians and Trump-hating hipsters who just happened to brew shit beer as a hobby.

Once I heard that the hens at Vice were squawking about sexual harassment, and Shane Smith was gone, I knew the end was near.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Last edited:

Creasy Bear

Donator
Top Progressive Site ThinkProgress Is in Deep Financial Trouble
The outlet has lost five staffers in 2019 and is looking at a $3 million gap between revenue and expenses.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/think...ssive-news-sites-is-in-dire-financial-straits

Sources at CAP and ThinkProgress told The Daily Beast that Nayak has had to engage in a series of “blunt” conversations with staffers at the website, telling them they should be looking for other jobs. These conversations took place even as the site’s union negotiated a contract at the end of 2018.

This week, members of the ThinkProgress writers union are expected to meet with Enda and officials from CAP to discuss the future of the site and leadership there.

Creasy Bear

Donator
Top Progressive Site ThinkProgress Is in Deep Financial Trouble
The outlet has lost five staffers in 2019 and is looking at a $3 million gap between revenue and expenses.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/think...ssive-news-sites-is-in-dire-financial-straits

Sources at CAP and ThinkProgress told The Daily Beast that Nayak has had to engage in a series of “blunt” conversations with staffers at the website, telling them they should be looking for other jobs. These conversations took place even as the site’s union negotiated a contract at the end of 2018.

This week, members of the ThinkProgress writers union are expected to meet with Enda and officials from CAP to discuss the future of the site and leadership there.
You can just imagine how those contract negotiations went. The wokester writer's union probably had a list of demands as long as your arm of guaranteed pay raises, and diversity quotas, and 4 years of maternity leave, and free rainforest-certified organic coffee in the break room, etc... and the management negotiators were like "Sure, no problem, whatever you want, it's yours, fine, sure, you can have that too, and more...." knowing damn the ship is sinking and nobody is getting shit but their walking papers.

Haeder

South Dakota
I tired to watch a series about beer on Vice, but, of course it turned out to be a show about angry lesbians and Trump-hating hipsters who just happened to brew shit beer as a hobby.

Once I heard that the hens at Vice were squawking about sexual harassment, and Shane Smith was gone, I knew the end was near.
Vice covers some interesting subject matter on their YouTube channel in 5-10 pieces. Some of them are very well done. The other 98% of their content is unwatchably woke.

You can just imagine how those contract negotiations went. The wokester writer's union probably had a list of demands as long as your arm of guaranteed pay raises, and diversity quotas, and 4 years of maternity leave, and free rainforest-certified organic coffee in the break room, etc... and the management negotiators were like "Sure, no problem, whatever you want, it's yours, fine, sure, you can have that too, and more...." knowing damn the ship is sinking and nobody is getting shit but their walking papers.
The pink slips will all be printed on fair trade pink paper with domestically sourced organic ink

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Vice covers some interesting subject matter on their YouTube channel in 5-10 pieces. Some of them are very well done. The other 98% of their content is unwatchably woke.
I think there's still a Vice channel. I dunno, they'd always replay old episodes of Intervention and Mrs. Begbie would always comment about how awfully SJW friendly their commercials were.

Alot of commercials are getting that way though. My son was watching Tommy Boy on CMT yesterday, and Philo will tell you how long the commercial breaks are. They were between 5-6 mins and they're all so woke! Lots of tranny programming too.

PlutoTV ads are awful also. There's only like, 10 in rotation and 8 of them are total SJW woke crap. Like that, "Shes just a baybeee!" lesbian couple with the kid that was denied health insurance....and the smiling big teeth black tranny who we're scolded for not thinking that they're a human being.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
They all seemed to be doing fairly well before the Mueller Report was released and they were easily infecting their audience with TDS. Now that the Mueller Report didn't lead to the Trump family being taken away in handcuffs, I think the left's audience is a bit disenfranchised. And even the low information viewers that have tuned in or read the articles are a bit skeptical now. And this is the time when you'd expect lefty news to be at their best. I think after two years of full blown TDS, their base is tired.

They also blame it on Facebook's algorithms that have buried their stories, and the fact they once revealed Bernie's net worth and Bernie attacked them and their money tree (Center For American Progress). They just need to go away.

They all seemed to be doing fairly well before the Mueller Report was released and they were easily infecting their audience with TDS. Now that the Mueller Report didn't lead to the Trump family being taken away in handcuffs, I think the left's audience is a bit disenfranchised. And even the low information viewers that have tuned in or read the articles are a bit skeptical now. And this is the time when you'd expect lefty news to be at their best. I think after two years of full blown TDS, their base is tired.

They also blame it on Facebook's algorithms that have buried their stories, and the fact they once revealed Bernie's net worth and Bernie attacked them and their money tree (Center For American Progress). They just need to go away.
Two years is a pretty good run for having hitched your wagon to loser Hillary