Get your flu shots, it's flu season!

Will you get your flu shots this season?

• Total voters

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
They pay for themselves, be sure to get your flu shots.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
26 years old, I've never gotten a flu shot. Nor have I ever gotten the flu

having said that, I have just jinxed myself and will die of influenza this year

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Last time i got the flu was right after a flu shot, so Hell NO!

26 years old, I've never gotten a flu shot. Nor have I ever gotten the flu

having said that, I have just jinxed myself and will die of influenza this year
Good luck bro

:action-sm

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Nov 22, 2004
Long Island
Good concept but they say the shot doen't include the different strains of FLU that are going around.

HaLLuCiN0

Sorry Harvey.
Sep 9, 2005
I don't want autism.

Dicktator

I need a Vacation
Feb 11, 2006
Michigan
Already had the Flu 2 weeks ago. I get it just about every year sometimes twice. It always feels like i am actually dieing. I am still considering getting a shot because of the different strains.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Oddly, in years past, I've gotten the flu shot and wound up in bed for a week with the flu. Last year, for whatever reason, I didn't get the shot and while I had a cold, it wasn't the flu and I didn't have to miss a week of work.

I'm going to take my chances again this year and see what happens.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
I think the flu shot is a waste of time. My mom asks me every year if I want her to give me a flu shot and I tell her no because I have an immune system and that I very rarely get sick. The last time I got the flu was in 2003 because I picked it up from college with those 18,000 rejects walking around with odd germs. And before that I hadn't had the flu for seven years.

I just don't see the need for the shots. Plus a lot of people say they just get sick from the shots anyway, like Kris there.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Good concept but they say the shot doen't include the different strains of FLU that are going around.
Typically Asia and the Southern hemisphere like Australia will have a slightly different strain of flu from what was around the year before. So, we take what strain they are sick from and start making flu shots for that strain. It could change before our "season" though and then the flu shots wouldn't work.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
Nope. No flu shot for me. It's usually last year's strain of the virus. I believe in giving my immune system a good work out. :)

I just wish they'd stop vaccinating the old folks. If they're too weak to fight the flu then maybe they should die.

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Nope. No flu shot for me. It's usually last year's strain of the virus. I believe in giving my immune system a good work out. :)

I just wish they'd stop vaccinating the old folks. If they're too weak to fight the flu then maybe they should die.
Good Point
Good Point

:)

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
Ya know... I chose no, but I think i got early symptoms of the flu or i ate some bad food..cuz for the past 2 days I've been weak and shitting my brains out. : (

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
When I was in the Navy they forced us to get a flu shot every year...

That being said, I haven't had the flu since I got discharged.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
Last time I got a flu shot was 9 years ago. Shortly afterward was also the last time I got the flu.

No shot for me.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I'm 36, have never had a flu shot. I very, very rarely get sick. I've never actually gotten the flu. When I get sick, I try and just fight it off naturally. I think I've built up a pretty good resistance. If I do get sick, usually it's over and done pretty quick.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
Just kicked the flu. No need to get a shot.

Then again, I'm gonna be sailing all weekend. I'm stupid..

DeltaPin

Donator
Feb 17, 2005
NJ
Ya know... I chose no, but I think i got early symptoms of the flu or i ate some bad food..cuz for the past 2 days I've been weak and shitting my brains out. : (
That's me today also, but I think it was from bad food last night.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I'm 24 years old. I'd rather save my flu shot for someone who's old and needs it.
QFT

I don't understand how the government can justify actually caring about flu vaccine shortages when they make it mandatory for everyone in the military to get one every year.

I mean, they're essentially making it mandatory for the lowest risk group (18-30 year olds in good shape) to take shots away from the ill and elderly when they don't even want them, then they have the audacity to issue warnings about there being shortages.

I'm moving to Central America and growing cocaine, fuck this.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I'm 24 years old. I'd rather save my flu shot for someone who's old and needs it.
so altruistic ... even though I'm not getting one because I always get the damn flu when I get it, if I were to get sick, I have sick days that I can use. You don't have that luxury Jimmy so you might want to rethink giving up that shot for some old guy who's living on social security and doesn't have to worry about working to pay his rent

some sage advice from Ma ;)