Getting involved.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
A guy in Wildwood was stabbed in his heart and killed trying to break a fight up last week....
Shit like this makes me wonder If I would get involved in troubling situations anymore.

I use to be all over anything I felt was wrong... but I was younger and a shitload crazier...

Whats your oppinion?

demonseed

Lingering since 1999
Oct 4, 2004
Morris Plains, New Jersey
A guy in Wildwood was stabbed in his heart and killed trying to break a fight up last week....
Shit like this makes me wonder If I would get involved in troubling situations anymore.

I use to be all over anything I felt was wrong... but I was younger and a shitload crazier...

Whats your oppinion?

Yep, I was the same way.. Saw a fight at a bar, and if it was not an even fight (2 on 1, etc). I would always jump in to help make it even.

Saw a guy smack a woman in the face in the middle of the street, and ran over to break it up.
Nowadays, I would still break up a fight if a guy was hitting a lady. But as far as bar fights, etc,, I would really think twice before jumping in

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I think it depends on who you are physically whether or not you should try and help out. I'm 6'4", 220, ex military, played football, hockey, and wrestled in high school, I've taken martial arts, etc... If I see an average sized guy acting like a tough guy for no reason, or someone trying to mug a chick or something I'd probably step in.

If you're 5'7" 130 and captain of your chess team? Might not be such a good idea.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I won't try and stop a fight unless I'm carrying a gun. Because I saw the two idiots fighting each other decide to kick the shit out of the guy who interfered.

If I saw something else like a a mugging of an old lady, that's a different story.

Suicidebree

Two, Zero, Two Infantry
Dec 20, 2004
Jersey
I learned my lesson from River Phoenix in stand by me. Besides getting stabbed always hurts.

fkornre

Boogity Boogity Boogity...Let's go racing boys...
Nov 4, 2006
monroe twp, nj
if it doesnt pertain to me i dont get involved...

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
if it doesn't come close to me i don't care, however if somehow my foot gets stepped on in the scuffle someone is getting a beer bottle in the head. if i saw a guy trying to beat a woman i'd try to help in some way. if and old person was being mugged i wouldn't do anything but call the cops, muggers have weapons and old people are stupid.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Sometimes you have to pick your spot, be it dialing 911, or jumping to the aid of someone in need that you don't know at all.

One bud was throwing down with a bigger guy and I jumped in putting the guy into a rear naked choke to get back control of the situation.

The inner boy scout in me sometimes takes over. I know it's stoopid these days, but what the hell, if something pisses you off enough you have to react, IMO.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
I guess ya cant second guess your moral responsibility to help your fellow man in a situation... I dont always have control to begin with my anger and stupidity usualy kick in before common sense... thats kinda why this has been bothering me.

last night my neighbors gf's ex bf was here causing trouble... andi came to my door and told him to chill or he was going to end up getting locked up.

he says, " i dont give a fuck..Shes cheating on me, that bitch, bla bla" So I said well by the same token me n my gf are watching a movie and I personmaly dont give a fuck your gf is cheating, your bothering me.

So he starts towards me....and suddenly flashes of common sense go through my head... like I have warrants, Im almost 40, and theres two of them. So, i shut my door and locked it.lol

I have never in my life made a good decision like that before.... what the hellsgoing on in my head...? Normaly I would of jumped at an opportunity to fight two guys for no real reason.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
I got sliced once years ago getting involved in trying to stop a fight.
Fuck that. I'll call 911 and just walk away now unless it a life or death
matter with someone who is really defenseless.

NikkorTheMonk

Apr 26, 2005
Getting between two guys to break up a fight will potentially cost you a left hook and a black eye and the fight is over and everyone goes on their merry way. Now ask a cop if he will get between a guy and a girl fighting and there is a huge risk of severe bodily injury not from the guy but from the girl. She's taking punches from Mike Tyson but she still loves him and she'll whip out a box cutter to prove it.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Family and Friends
Senior Citizen Woman or Child in danger
And if I am getting Paid

Anyone else ill take pics to post here.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Family and Friends
Senior Citizen Woman or Child in danger
And if I am getting Paid

Anyone else ill take pics to post here.
that about covers it for me, if two assholes are kicking the shit out of each other i just let them roll. now someone beating on a defenseless or incapacitated person thats a different story. my life or death or property, watch out im 6'4" 220, and quite willing to kill someone with my bare hands. but i usually have at least a knife, but im not above shoving a pen into someones eye

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
Nowadays, I would still break up a fight if a guy was hitting a lady. But as far as bar fights, etc,, I would really think twice before jumping in
:QFT:

I only fight over family, my close friends, or my gf.

Fuck Crosby

Bills. Beers. Broads.
Feb 8, 2006
Rochester
If it's someone I know I will help out, if not, too bad. A couple weeks ago a bouncer broke up a fight at a late-night restaurant I go too. Well, the brotha in the fight came back an hour later with a shotgun and took a shot at the bouncer only to miss and kill some innocent kid.

LBF

Banned
Jun 18, 2005
West Tennessee
If the guy getting his head cracked is deserving of the beating, I usually don't interfere. However, if one of the combatants becomes unable to defend himself in any way, I will attempt to get the other guy to back off. Obviously, if women or children are involved the rules tend to change.

muggers have weapons and old people are stupid.

Didn't I see that embroidered on a throw pillow??:action-sm

Nothing Sound

Riding the Biggest Wave
Dec 9, 2004
Next to aleash
I've always minded my own business and always will.
The most you might get out of me is a call to 911.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
that about covers it for me, if two assholes are kicking the shit out of each other i just let them roll. now someone beating on a defenseless or incapacitated person thats a different story. my life or death or property, watch out im 6'4" 220, and quite willing to kill someone with my bare hands. but i usually have at least a knife, but im not above shoving a pen into someones eye
Small guy you are, make sure you have a pen at all times :icon_mrgr

:QFT:

I only fight over family, my close friends, or my gf.
Glad that your girl sees where she stands 3rd place it looks like :action-sm

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I think it also has a lot to do with where you are in the country, and the type of place you're in.

Living in the south, and only going to either redneck bars or pretentious 30k a year millionaire North Dallas clubs, I usually have no problems breaking up fights since 90% of the time it's just two guys who're drunk and unwilling to back down. Most of the time they want it broken up anyway, they're just to proud to back down.

If I'm in a more urban type place, though, fuck that. I don't even call anyone.