OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by SOS, Feb 17, 2012.

1. SOS

SOS ONA
    Wackbag Staff

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

As Johnny Blaze hides out in Eastern Europe, he is called upon to stop the devil, who is trying to take human form.

Nicolas Cage returns to face evil as the fiery antihero known as the Ghost Rider. Directed by Mark Neveldine & Brian Taylor.

Writers:
    Scott M. Gimple , Seth Hoffman

Actors:
    Violante Placido, Ciarán Hinds, Idris Elba, Johnny Whitworth, Fergus Riordan, Christopher Lambert

I know.:action-sm

2. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

I wonder if they're doing the entire "the world's darkest hero" thing because of TDKR.

3. ShooterMcGavin

ShooterMcGavin Go back to your shanties.

First one was shit. This one will be too.

4. DR. Jimcy M.E.

Hey now, 14% of people liked it on rotten tomatoes, just because 86% hate it doesn't mean we should spurl their fun.

5. kloraferm

kloraferm Humor is reason gone mad

I actually kinda liked the first one and I plan on seeing the new one.

6. NuttyJim

NuttyJim Registered User

Christopher Lambert's in it...that pretty much seals the deal. Piece of Shit.

7. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

The first one was sorta watchable. I fully expect this one to bomb horribly.

8. UnOriginal

UnOriginal Companion Cube Lover

I really like Nevaldine/Taylor, who directed the 2 Crank movies, and want to see it just for that. But from what I've read, it sounds like it's destined to suck. :(

9. atxklown

atxklown Will you do me a Kindness

These are in the trailers so not spoilers. Somehow GR can appear in daylight unlike pt 1 where he reverted back to Blaze. The Rider put in any vehicle he rides makes itself on fire. And watching Cage act like a crack fiend (it's his jonesing for a fix acting not him singing the Bodyguard Soundtrack) and also Idris Elba was a good addition.

10. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

I hate Nicolas Cage so fucking much.

11. OccupyWackbag

OccupyWackbag Registered User

Dude you hate EVERYTHING, but in a non douche bag sort of way.

12. Lord Zero

I disagree with that first part. I liked Cowboys & Aliens and I LOVED Precious (I love it as a comedy, though).

13. LiddyRules

I actually like Nicholas Cage. Yes, he does shit, but a) he's done some genuinely good work and b) he's done the exact same character for close to if not over 30 years.

14. Pigdango

Pigdango Silence, you mortal Fuck!
    Donator

I'm confused by your post. If he's done the same exact character for 30 years, how is some of it shit and some of it genuinely good work? Do you mean that sometimes the "Nicholas Cage as Nicholas Cage" character just happens to fit the movie, and sometimes it doesn't? So we're going to what - blame the casting director for all his shitty work? "Well, he only plays the one character, and this character isn't really that character, but maybe he'll work it out?"

I don't agree with either part of that premise. First of all, he's shown the ability to differentiate his characters. Maybe not as much lately, but certainly at times during the last 30 years. He's no Daniel Day Lewis, but he's absolutely better than Owen Wilson. I think his struggles over the last few years have more to do with his personal problems taking his focus from his work than his acting ability. So if you're a casting director, you have to put him in the hands of the director and hope they can get through to him. Not too likely when he's doing a project like this which he's only doing it for the paycheck and because he was contractually obligated to do the sequel.

15. LiddyRules

He's played the same character for the past 30 years, but he hasn't exclusively played the same character for the past 30 years. He's just mostly played the same character for the past 30 years.

It's more like, there was no Al Pacino Al Pacino Al Pacino Al Pacino SCREAMING AL PACINO with him. The weirdness people hate about Nicolas Cage was present as early as Valley Girl, Wild at Heart, and Vampire's Kiss. And it works for him in the same way being John Wayne worked for John Wayne. But he's also done decent, lower key work while still somwhat as Cage in movies like Raising Arizona, Adaptation, Leaving Las Vegas, Face/Off, and Bringing out The Dead. And I even liked Cage at full Cage in Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call- New Orleans, Louisiana / USA.

16. Steve McQueen

Steve McQueen heartless fuck

I'm usually right with you when it comes to matters of film, Liddy, but I disagree. Jack Nicholson is a much better subject for comparison; John Wayne was never "wacky"...excluding "The Conqueror " of course.

17. Lord Zero

Most humans do. :action-sm

18. transit grinder

transit grinder Baglin' with the Sex

I think it's easy to look at his recent movies and turn on Nic Cage. But he has been in some really good fucking movies. Leaving Las Vegas, Raising Arizona, Red Rock West, and Bringing Out the Dead to name a few. Even recently I thought he was great in Kick Ass.

Red Rock West may or may not belong alongside those other ones, but I liked it.

19. Lord Zero

[video=youtube;-1GadTfGFvU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1GadTfGFvU[/video]

20. Bill Lehecka

Bill Lehecka The Fat Horse v. 2.0
    Donator

This flick was meh... Really did nothing for me. Thank God I didn't pay to see it (love advanced screenings).