Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

[yt]ebCawfEnSWU[/yt]

As Johnny Blaze hides out in Eastern Europe, he is called upon to stop the devil, who is trying to take human form.

Nicolas Cage returns to face evil as the fiery antihero known as the Ghost Rider. Directed by Mark Neveldine & Brian Taylor.

[yt]iJv2Wno1cA4[/yt]

Writers:
Scott M. Gimple , Seth Hoffman

Actors:
Violante Placido, Ciarán Hinds, Idris Elba, Johnny Whitworth, Fergus Riordan, Christopher Lambert

I know.:action-sm

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I wonder if they're doing the entire "the world's darkest hero" thing because of TDKR.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
First one was shit. This one will be too.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
Christopher Lambert's in it...that pretty much seals the deal. Piece of Shit.

UnOriginal

Companion Cube Lover
Feb 16, 2005
I really like Nevaldine/Taylor, who directed the 2 Crank movies, and want to see it just for that. But from what I've read, it sounds like it's destined to suck. :(

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Jan 26, 2004
Austin TX
These are in the trailers so not spoilers. Somehow GR can appear in daylight unlike pt 1 where he reverted back to Blaze. The Rider put in any vehicle he rides makes itself on fire. And watching Cage act like a crack fiend (it's his jonesing for a fix acting not him singing the Bodyguard Soundtrack) and also Idris Elba was a good addition.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I actually like Nicholas Cage. Yes, he does shit, but a) he's done some genuinely good work and b) he's done the exact same character for close to if not over 30 years.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I actually like Nicholas Cage. Yes, he does shit, but a) he's done some genuinely good work and b) he's done the exact same character for close to if not over 30 years.
I'm confused by your post. If he's done the same exact character for 30 years, how is some of it shit and some of it genuinely good work? Do you mean that sometimes the "Nicholas Cage as Nicholas Cage" character just happens to fit the movie, and sometimes it doesn't? So we're going to what - blame the casting director for all his shitty work? "Well, he only plays the one character, and this character isn't really that character, but maybe he'll work it out?"

I don't agree with either part of that premise. First of all, he's shown the ability to differentiate his characters. Maybe not as much lately, but certainly at times during the last 30 years. He's no Daniel Day Lewis, but he's absolutely better than Owen Wilson. I think his struggles over the last few years have more to do with his personal problems taking his focus from his work than his acting ability. So if you're a casting director, you have to put him in the hands of the director and hope they can get through to him. Not too likely when he's doing a project like this which he's only doing it for the paycheck and because he was contractually obligated to do the sequel.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
He's played the same character for the past 30 years, but he hasn't exclusively played the same character for the past 30 years. He's just mostly played the same character for the past 30 years.

It's more like, there was no Al Pacino Al Pacino Al Pacino Al Pacino SCREAMING AL PACINO with him. The weirdness people hate about Nicolas Cage was present as early as Valley Girl, Wild at Heart, and Vampire's Kiss. And it works for him in the same way being John Wayne worked for John Wayne. But he's also done decent, lower key work while still somwhat as Cage in movies like Raising Arizona, Adaptation, Leaving Las Vegas, Face/Off, and Bringing out The Dead. And I even liked Cage at full Cage in Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call- New Orleans, Louisiana / USA.

Steve McQueen

heartless fuck
May 23, 2006
New York
He's played the same character for the past 30 years...And it works for him in the same way being John Wayne worked for John Wayne.
I'm usually right with you when it comes to matters of film, Liddy, but I disagree. Jack Nicholson is a much better subject for comparison; John Wayne was never "wacky"...excluding "The Conqueror " of course.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
I think it's easy to look at his recent movies and turn on Nic Cage. But he has been in some really good fucking movies. Leaving Las Vegas, Raising Arizona, Red Rock West, and Bringing Out the Dead to name a few. Even recently I thought he was great in Kick Ass.

Red Rock West may or may not belong alongside those other ones, but I liked it.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I think it's easy to look at his recent movies and turn on Nic Cage. But he has been in some really good fucking movies. Leaving Las Vegas, Raising Arizona, Red Rock West, and Bringing Out the Dead to name a few. Even recently I thought he was great in Kick Ass.

Red Rock West may or may not belong alongside those other ones, but I liked it.
[video=youtube;-1GadTfGFvU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1GadTfGFvU[/video]

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
This flick was meh... Really did nothing for me. Thank God I didn't pay to see it (love advanced screenings).