Gibson unveils Powertune Les Paul

ratedRsuperstar

...when McCainia runs wild on you!!!!
here's the official page

http://www.gibson.com/en%2Dus/Lifestyle/Features/Introducing%20Powertune%5F%20Gibson%5F/

looks pretty cool. i guess when fender released the VG strat (which uses a roland system to digitally pitch shift) gibson decided to one-up them with this. it self tunes to the selected tuning via a control knob and powered tuners. also be sure to check out the comparison chart showing the les paul vs the VG strat

also...

http://www.gibsoncustom.com/inspiredby/ZakkWyldeV.html

hope they make an epi version so i can afford it

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Wow. I might have to save up for that. It'd make life so much easier.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
That looks awesome. It almost completely eliminates the need for more than one guitar, too. I'm sure the price is pretty steep, though. That's the "if I win the lottery" guitar for me, because I doubt I'll ever be able to afford it or justify buying it since I just play for fun.

ratedRsuperstar

...when McCainia runs wild on you!!!!
That looks awesome. It almost completely eliminates the need for more than one guitar, too. I'm sure the price is pretty steep, though. That's the "if I win the lottery" guitar for me, because I doubt I'll ever be able to afford it or justify buying it since I just play for fun.
by the looks of it, it's a standard and they're not TOO bad. but the system will only be available on this guitar as they're not going to release it as an add-on, which i wouldn't want to attempt to put in

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
That looks frickin schweet!! I bought my buddy's SG at a premium discount of $350. Wonder how much this badboy runs you?!

PunchYourself187

I, The Operator
Apr 24, 2004

Legend of Snuka

Mar 29, 2005
NY
That looks like tentative pricing to me. Gibson would never charge a flat series rate for that variety of guitars.
It's actually confusing...I thought the same thing when I first looked... I could be wrong, but I believe the price just includes the unit, not the guitar itself....So basically if you have a les paul, you buy the unit and have it installed on the guitar...

Southpaw

Jan 12, 2005
It's actually confusing...I thought the same thing when I first looked... I could be wrong, but I believe the price just includes the unit, not the guitar itself....So basically if you have a les paul, you buy the unit and have it installed on the guitar...
That's what it looks like to me. It's cool technology, but for $900 I don't mind taking an extra 30 seconds to tune the guitar myself.

Joe Avezzano

Jul 9, 2006
A lot of guitar technology is just garbage, but this I think would be really useful.

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
Looks pretty cool, but I've been tuning the "old fashioned way" for so long, I don't think I'll even bother