Girl Fights Are More Violent Now

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
It's a long article - the link for the rest of it is at the bottom

Girls: Sugar and spice and frustration and rage

A 13-year-old Suffolk girl, tired of being teased about her weight, slammed another girl into a locker and kept striking her even after she fell to the ground.

In Portsmouth, an argument over a boy exploded into an assault in which a girl broke her rival's nose with a lock.

In the past few years, South Hampton Roads juvenile court workers say, attacks by girls seem to be increasing and have escalated from name-calling, hair-pulling tiffs to knock-down, drag-out fights.

"It's the same old things girls have been fighting about forever and ever," said Elizabeth St. John, acting director of Chesapeake's juvenile court services unit. "Except now they're using their fists."

Some of the crimes are even more serious, said Jill Harris, a prosecutor in Norfolk, where four teenage girls are charged with murder in the beating death last summer of a 19-year-old man in East Ocean View. "There's more boldness," Harris said. "You don't really see a remorsefulness in a lot of the girls. I would say it's a coldness."

Nine teenage girls in bulky jackets, tight jeans and creative hairdos troop into a cramped second-floor classroom on a Saturday morning in November.

Vanessa Caldwell Jenkins, dressed down in a blue turtleneck and slacks, passes around worksheets.

"What we're going to talk about today," she says, "is who we are."

Jenkins' company, Sentencing Options, runs "Visions," a 10-week program for at-risk girls in Norfolk.

In four-hour weekly sessions, Jenkins and her interns talk to the girls about subjects as varied as conflict resolution and understanding money.

She wants to give the teens a glimpse of the world outside their neighborhoods and to teach them ways to rise above problems with their families and peers.

But Jenkins knows that talking at the girls doesn't work. She listens, tries to gain their trust and attempts to bring them around gently. Success isn't guaranteed.

"Once I work with them," Jenkins says, "I send them back into an environment that doesn't support what I say."

On this November day, the girls are there for truancy, referred by juvenile court workers. Because they are minors, The Virginian-Pilot is not publishing their names.

[The full story here
Frightening

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
Some of the crimes are even more serious, said Jill Harris, a prosecutor in Norfolk, where four teenage girls are charged with murder in the beating death last summer of a 19-year-old man in East Ocean View.
HAHA What a queer. He shouldn't be referred to as a man.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I blame the bovine growth hormones.

I know these are the obvious questions but I feel compelled to ask. Are girl fights more violent now or were the violent girl fights just not reported back when? Are guy fights more violent now or has it remained at the same level of violence except now we're more sensitive? And where do chicken runs play into all this?

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
This thread is useless without Blueray videos.

Off to Nothing Toxic.

Max Johnson

Oct 14, 2004
Wait...chicks are completely overwhelmed by their emotions? Really?

I think with the country getting fatter, more girls are also getting fatter and the fat girls are normally the only ones who can hit hard enough to do damage. You're not going to find too many athletic chicks who can hit hard for their size the same way you will in men who weight train or even train themselves to fight so it's the fatties who do the damage.

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
Oct 4, 2004
Intransit
I think the same shit all the time. I got a 12 girl and man I think about this shit. I tought her how to throw a punch, man she could hit!! She aint fat, missed all the ft girl comments. She is a twig, tall and lanky.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Wait...chicks are completely overwhelmed by their emotions? Really?

I think with the country getting fatter, more girls are also getting fatter and the fat girls are normally the only ones who can hit hard enough to do damage. You're not going to find too many athletic chicks who can hit hard for their size the same way you will in men who weight train or even train themselves to fight so it's the fatties who do the damage.
You've never met my girlfriend...

She's about 5'3", 100, and she can leave black fist prints on my arm.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Hot!!!

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
yeah she gets points for technical efficiency and for making fat girls tit slip out