Movie Glass: The Sequel to Unbreakable AND Split - 1/18/19

Discoman

Donator
Bump! Universal has released the entire movie another trailer for Glass!

There is an absolutely hilarious effects shot at 2:30. I assume they will clean that up for the movie.
I REL'd at the entire cheerleader hostage situation shortly before that.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
Bump! Universal has released the entire movie another trailer for Glass!

There is an absolutely hilarious effects shot at 2:30. I assume they will clean that up for the movie.
Haven't watched this. But speaking of hilarious effect

When Eddie pre-Venom faces for Loud Neighbor. It looked so cartoony, that's what first made me think of The Mask.

Not to mention what a throwback trope Loud Neighbor is.

[/Quote]

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Bump!

Reviews are starting to come in on Glass, and it looks like M Night Shyamalan is back to his...

Happening form.

This one made me chuckle, and I haven't even seen Life Itself yet @LiddyRules

For all of the endless blather about how comic books have the power to reveal all of our secret identities - one of Jackson's pronouncements about the power of narrative tropes veers close to making "Glass" feel like the "Life Itself" of superhero movies.

Pigdango

Donator
Sounds like Shyamalan fell on his... Glass.
You missed a good time in the nfl thread yesterday, and I’ve got pickle and dome telling me Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been working to lower the age of consent to 12 during her entire tenure on the Supreme Court, and nobody noticed but Q. Wackbag might be quiet, but it ain’t dead.

LiddyRules

You missed a good time in the nfl thread yesterday, and I’ve got pickle and dome telling me Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been working to lower the age of consent to 12 during her entire tenure on the Supreme Court, and nobody noticed but Q. Wackbag might be quiet, but it ain’t dead.
Pickle posted to a twitter post that went through how Lewis Carroll wrote Alice in Wonderland to bring down Hilary Clinton.

LiddyRules

That being said, want to try Life Itself next week? It's unconventional, but we can choose an Ammy Prime movie in case it doesn't work after 20 minutes.

LiddyRules

There's also a stupid fucking dog movie coming out this week. I know you like those:

LiddyRules

"Piggy, why don't you think about dead dogs for a bit?"
This looks like a sissy version of Solondz' Weiner-Dog, which I believe is on Ammy Prime and is quite good. I also don't get how it looks modern but Main Boy is styled like he's out of Christopher Robin.

LiddyRules

The Leftovers is fucking fantastic. Not HITW worthy. It's quality and done well with a complete (though not all stated) story.
Pig's been annoyed with me speaking highly of Leftovers - particularly in the Watchmen thread - so I did it here to be annoying. I was going to do it more, but I'm bored with it already.

Pigdango

Donator
Pig's been annoyed with me speaking highly of Leftovers - particularly in the Watchmen thread - so I did it here to be annoying. I was going to do it more, but I'm bored with it already.
The only annoyance I’ve ever felt regarding The Leftovers is when a couple folks spent a few pages jizzing themselves over it without a) mentioning the title of the show they were talking about and b) mentioning it was a Damon Lindelof show. That was quite a while back though. I will always tease you for your belief that one good thing by an actor or director makes everything by that actor or director good. I’m never annoyed by it, just amused.

LiddyRules

People seemed to like his last two movies, The Visit and Split. I never saw either of them.
Haven't seen Split yet. Do we have an official HitW determination of his worst movie? Because as much shit as The Happening gets, I think it's Lady in the Water. Which I also respect more for being such nonsense.

Pigdango

Donator
Haven't seen Split yet. Do we have an official HitW determination of his worst movie? Because as much shit as The Happening gets, I think it's Lady in the Water. Which I also respect more for being such nonsense.
I’ve never seen Lady in the Water or the Happening, but I nominate Last Airbender.