Movie Glass (Unbreakable 2, Split 2) ¦ | January 18, 2019

Snake2k9

C'mon Sonnen.
M.Night must have taken Robert Mckee's advice. Mckee says to wow the audience in the end and if you do then they'll ignore the plot holes and anything else wrong with the movie.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Of the several movies of his I have seen, I have pretty much liked all of them but The Lady in the Water.

Complete fucking dogshit.

I called my best friend a cunt for wasting 2 hours watching that garbage.

Only good thing that came of it is we now try to top each other with suck movies ala MST3K. So far I am in the lead with My Baby is Black because he couldn't even finish it. Magical Mystery Tour wasn't a big hit with him anyway.

mcipoletti

1/3 of Geek Stuff
Awesome movie...too late for a sequel. Any attempt at it now would just be buried under the litany of other comic book type movies out there right now.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Really like Unbreakable, but I'd have to hear how it is before I'd pay to go see it.

Chimp Pembry

All aboard for fun and hijinks!
Like William Gibson said about making a sequel to Neuromancer, "I hope not. If I did, it would almost certainly indicate that I had gotten into some particularly dire kind of financial and/or spiritual trouble. It would be the literary equivalent of deciding that the way to resolve a mid-life crisis is to go back and marry your highschool sweetheart."

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Unbreakable 2: Disney, Universal Expect to Partner for Shyamalan Sequel

No deal set yet though.
By Jim Vejvoda

eware of some SPOILERS ahead for M. Night Shyamalan's movies!

According to the Wall Street Journal, Universal Pictures and Disney are looking to work together on the long-awaited Unbreakable 2. Why would two rival studios have to partner for that sequel? Again, spoilers ahead ...

As revealed at the end of Shyamalan's current hit Split, that film takes place in the same universe as the filmmaker's 2000 movie Unbreakable. Split's finale features a cameo by Bruce Willis' David Dunn and also references Samuel L. Jackson's Mr. Glass.

Unbreakable was a Disney release, while Universal distributed Split. Shyamalan was granted permission from the Disney brass to make an Unbreakable reference in Split, but a proper deal between the studios would have to be made in order for James McAvoy's Split character Kevin, aka The Horde, to appear in the same movie as David Dunn and Mr. Glass.

"Disney expects to work with Universal as a partner, and participant in the profits," according to WSJ's sources. "The two studios have yet to hammer out a deal for a sequel, in which Mr. Willis’s character likely would feature much more prominently, because Mr. Shyamalan is still in the planning stages."

Shyamalan recently revealed that he is indeed developing a follow-up of sorts to Split.

Split has thus far earned roughly $173 million worldwide on a production budget of $9 million.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02...amalan-sequel?abthid=58a7588819a58c9242000006

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator

No deal set yet though.
By Jim Vejvoda

According to the Wall Street Journal, Universal Pictures and Disney are looking to work together on the long-awaited Unbreakable 2. Why would two rival studios have to partner for that sequel? Again, spoilers ahead ...

As revealed at the end of Shyamalan's current hit Split, that film takes place in the same universe as the filmmaker's 2000 movie Unbreakable. Split's finale features a cameo by Bruce Willis' David Dunn and also references Samuel L. Jackson's Mr. Glass.

Unbreakable was a Disney release, while Universal distributed Split. Shyamalan was granted permission from the Disney brass to make an Unbreakable reference in Split, but a proper deal between the studios would have to be made in order for James McAvoy's Split character Kevin, aka The Horde, to appear in the same movie as David Dunn and Mr. Glass.

"Disney expects to work with Universal as a partner, and participant in the profits," according to WSJ's sources. "The two studios have yet to hammer out a deal for a sequel, in which Mr. Willis’s character likely would feature much more prominently, because Mr. Shyamalan is still in the planning stages."

Shyamalan recently revealed that he is indeed developing a follow-up of sorts to Split.

Split has thus far earned roughly $173 million worldwide on a production budget of $9 million.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02...amalan-sequel?abthid=58a7588819a58c9242000006
And in completely unrelated news, there are rumors all over the internet that Marvel is about to start production on a Sub Mariner project. Universal owns distribution rights on Sub Mariner. Pretty easy to see how this is going to happen.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!

No deal set yet though.
By Jim Vejvoda

This is one of those things that go in the category of "Pleasedon'tfuckitup(and repeat)"

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
And in completely unrelated news, there are rumors all over the internet that Marvel is about to start production on a Sub Mariner project. Universal owns distribution rights on Sub Mariner. Pretty easy to see how this is going to happen.
Quinto as Namor? I always thought he looked like Spock.

I'm also impressed Split was made for under $10 mill.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Just got back from seeing Split. I can't possibly imagine an Unbreakable 2 coming from this. Add much as I wanted a sequel before I worry he'll fuck it all up.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
http://collider.com/split-2-samuel-l-jackson-interview/

Fans who turned out for filmmaker M. Night Shymalan’s low-budget, contained thriller Split were treated to a whopping surprise at the end of the film that teases the potential for a new Unbreakable movie. Indeed, Split it turns out was an origin story for James McAvoy’s villain The Horde, and the whole film takes place inside the Unbreakable universe as Bruce Willis’ David Dunn pops up at the end. Fans have been clamoring for an Unbreakable sequel for years, and in true Shyamalan fashion, the filmmaker managed to do it entirely as a surprise.

So what’s next? Surely that’s not the end of the story. Indeed, Shyamalan recently revealed that he’s got an outline planned for a Split sequel that will bring Willis’ David Dunn, McAvoy’s The Horde, and Samuel L. Jackson’s Mr. Glass all together in one story. So when Collider’s own Steve Weintraub spoke with Jackson recently at the press day for Kong: Skull Island, he had to ask about Split 2.

So how did Jackson first find out Split was a secretUnbreakable sequel? It’s a great story:

“I got a call and [Shyamalan] said, ‘Call me I wanna talk to you about something.’ And I called him, because I always do when I get a message from him always hoping [it’s Unbreakable 2], and he said, ‘I just did this film called Split, I want you to see it,’ and I was like ‘OK, I’m down with that.’ I had no idea what Splitwas about or anything else, and he said, ‘We’ll talk after you see it.’ So I went to the arranged screening and I called him immediately and was like, ‘OK dude does this mean what I think it means?’ and he was like, ‘Well first we gotta see how the movie does’. And I think the movie’s done well enough now to merit the ‘OK, let’s put this together.’”

Indeed, against a budget of just $9 million Split has already grossed $172.9 million worldwide, so I call that a smashing success. Of course the next movie would carry a larger budget, and there are still rights deals to work out with Disney as the studio let Shyamalan use Willis’ character in the Universal-released Split as a show of good faith but still wants in on the sequel. So there are certainly hurdles to cross, and Shyamalan has only just started writing, but it would seem the timing is perfect for a sequel and the box office receipts of Split promise there’s an audience for it.

As for what Split sets up for the next movie, Jackson considers McAvoy’s character a worthy adversary:

“I think he’s an adequate foe for what Bruce’sUnbreakable character is in terms of him being sort of unbreakable too in that kind of way, and me having found now—fuck, that would be two people that Elijah would look at and go, ‘Why are they so this and I’m so this on this end of the spectrum?’ It’s just a matter of breaking my ass out of wherever that mental institution was they had me locked up and let’s get it on, let’s see what happens!”

When asked whether Jackson’s heard that this Split sequel is moving forward soon, he offered up this:

“I would look at the box office receipts from a film that cost what it cost him to make that movie and the success of that particular film in the form of saying, I think that might move forward.”

Jackson is game, Willis is game, Shymalan is game, and now audiences are invested. It’s time for Unbreakable 3/Split 2.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/2...-l-jackson-mr-glass-m-night-shyamalans-glass/

Published 3 days ago

on November 9, 2017

By Mike Sprague

The last news we brought you guys on writer-director M. Night Shyamalan’s Glass, the upcoming sequel to Unbreakable and Split was when we let you know that two former Unbreakable stars (Spencer Treat Clark and Charlayne Woodard ) had joined the new film.

Today we have your first look at Samuel L. Jackson as Elijah Price aka Mr. Glass.

You can check out the on-set photo below and then make sure to hit us up and let us know how excited you are for Glass in the comments below!

Samuel L Jackson as Mr. Glass in Glass (2019)

(via @reddit) pic.twitter.com/lALO1apwDJ

— The Playlist (@ThePlaylist) November 8, 2017

Synopsis:

Following the conclusion of Split, Glass finds Dunn pursuing Crumb’s superhuman figure of The Beast in a series of escalating encounters, while the shadowy presence of Price emerges as an orchestrator who holds secrets critical to both men.

The film is written & directed by M. Night Shyamalan and stars Bruce Willis, James McAvoy, Anya-Taylor Joy, Sarah Paulson, Spencer Treat Clark, Charlayne Woodard, and Samuel L. Jackson as Mr. Glass.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
https://movieweb.com/glass-movie-split-2-fight-video-david-dunn-the-beast/

An Unbreakable Bruce Willis Battles the Beast in Glass Set Video

Ryan Scott

2.2kshares

Some brand new set photos and the first set video from Glass, aka Split 2, have arrived online. M. Night Shyamalan managed to get himself out of director's jail with this year's Split, which turned out to be a secret sequel to his second movie, Unbreakable. Now, he's hard at work filming the follow-up, officially titled Glass, which will complete the director's unconventional superhero trilogy. Now, thanks to a new set video, we have our first look at a showdown between Bruce Willis and James McAvoy in the movie.

In the video, we see Bruce Willis' David Dunn pinning James McAvoy's Beast against a van. Things get ugly when the two start exchanging blows. It's not really a boxing match, but it looks really intense. We haven't seen David Dunn for years, so it's possible his powers have increased since Unbreakable. And we know from Split that The Beast is a very formidable opponent.

Glass picks up following the conclusion of Split and finds David Dunn (Bruce Willis) pursuing Kevin Wendell Crumb (James McAvoy), aka The Beast, in a series of escalating encounters. Like the one that we see here in this set video. While this is going on, the shadowy presence of Elijah Price (Samuel L. Jackson), aka Mr. Glass, emerges as an orchestrator who holds secrets critical to both men. The end of Split saw David Dunn at a coffee shop watching a news report about the events that transpired, connecting the world's of Split and Unbreakable together. Glass looks to take that one step further, which is an exciting prospect.

In addition to the set video, quite a few set photos from Glass have made their way online as well. We have a new shot of Samuel L. Jackson's Mr. Glass. There's also a shot of Bruce Willis not covered by a raincoat, as well as a look at Anya Taylor Joy, who reprises her role from Split in the sequel. There's also a shot of James McAvoy walking around shirtless, just as he's seen in the fight depicted in the video. Some of the shots aren't of the greatest quality, as is often the case with these set photos, but they're likely enough to get fans excited for the conclusion of the Unbreakable trilogy.

Even though M. Night Shyamalan is busy filming the sequel right now, it's not scheduled to hit theaters until January 18, 2019. So we've still got to wait a while before actually getting to see this showdown in its finished form. Considering that Split enjoyed such success at the box office ($276.9 million worldwide) with a January release, it seems like Blumhouse wants to employ the same strategy with Split 2/Unbreakable 2. Be sure to check out the Glass set video, courtesy of Daily Mail, as well as the new set photos, for yourself below.

James on the set of Glass (❗kind of spoiler) pic.twitter.com/9X75NO7xcq
— best of mcavoy (@bestofmcavoyj) November 8, 2017

GLASS

Starring Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson, James McAvoy and Anya Taylor-Joy

Directed by M. Night Shyamalan

Coming in 2019 pic.twitter.com/i5fDQUUeEn
— Michael is ALL IN (@JokerCritic) November 10, 2017

James McAvoy's The Beast battles Bruce Willis' David Dunn #GLASShttps://t.co/CmloGDMgdz
— Walt (@UberKryptonian) November 11, 2017

Pendant ce temps, Sam Jackson est Elijah Price sur le tournage de #Glass aka Incassable 2 aka Split 2 de @MNightShyamalan (23 janvier 2019) pic.twitter.com/zIPTdLnvDT
— FanFootage.fr (@fanfootagefr) November 9, 2017

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
If you told me when that fucking mermaid movie came out that he'd wind up actually making a trilogy out of Unbreakable like he said he wanted to after it, I wouldn't believe it.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
So... thoughts? Just watched it, didn't hate it. Was disappointed in the end, hoped for something more epic.
I didn't hate the ending but I hated the way it was done. It deflated the whole trilogy and felt/looked cheap. I dunno, it's like M. Knight new what he wanted to show and couldn't figure out how to make it work. It's the type of thing that happens when a lead actor dies during the final days of filming and they're stuck completing the film with whatever is left over.

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
Thanks. Was wondering how this movie didn't warrant even a little conversation. This thread never showed up in my search. WTF Wackbag?
Did you search the word "Glass"? Because if I search "Glass" and "Search Titles Only" and Sort By Date it's the second result. It's also on Page 3 of Movies and TV.

And for those uninterested in going into the main thread - and to be fair, I didn't see Split, but I don't think that affected my understanding of this movie at all - I thought the movie was terrible. I hate it the more I think of it. I look forward to HitWing it.

Last edited: