Glenn Beck's Family Assaulted with Wine, etc.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Taken from Red Eye, I haven't had a chance to read it all through, I just c/p'd the best article I could find, but it's pretty damn important imo on a "Stay classy Libs" sort of thing.

It's a long article, and a complicated situation, I'll give a tl;dr:

In what is positioning itself to be the next great he said/she said of Summer 2011, Glenn Beck is railing against what he described as a cluster of vile liberal New Yorkers who spilled wine on his wife and otherwise made his family uncomfortable and a film screening in Bryant Park. But after Beck’s account went live yesterday, a witness claiming to be friends with the wine spiller sent a letter to New York disputing his claims, and claiming all was peaceful around the Beck family.

That witness, Lindsey Piscitell, claims that the Beck family was not met with open arms but was not attacked, either, instead putting the blame on Beck’s security for “contributing to a considerably less relaxed atmosphere than is typically experienced during BPMN.” Beck, on his part, added more to his story on his radio show today in response to Piscitell, calling her claims entirely false and accusing her, in turn, of being belligerent towards his family. Below, for the uninitiated, a quick recap of both Beck’s and Piscitell’s claims, and the potential gaps in each of their stories.

What witness Lindsey Piscitell says happened

Piscitell told New York that she was “seated immediately behind” the Beck family and saw no violence against Beck. The only tension she noted in the crowd was caused, she claimed, by Beck’s bodyguards, “that seemed to be unnecessarily prickly with the crowd.” As for the spilled wine, she tells the story as follows:

It was my friend that spilled the glass of wine on Tanya -and I can assure you that it was a complete accident. A happy one, to be sure, but nonetheless a complete and utter accident. As soon as the wine spilled (and I question how Tanya became soaked from a half glass of wine) apologies were made and my friends pretty much scrambled to give Tanya & co napkins -no doubt aware that it would look terrible and that their actions could be perceived as purposeful. No words were exchanged after that, as I think that it became pretty clear to Beck & co that my friends and I were doing everything in our capacity to help clean the “mess”.
Independently, our Jon Bershad contacted a Twitter user who claimed to have been present during the wine-spilling who recounted that people were being friendly and shaking hands with Beck, and that she saw no such hostility, which seems to corroborate Piscitell’s claims. Working against her, however, besides Beck’s words, are earlier words she herself wrote.

As The Blaze reports, Piscitell tweeted earlier that day against “fucking asshole Glenn Beck” telling him to “get out of my city.” What’s more, Gawker adds that one of her Twitter friends told her to “accidentally” spill something on Beck (Gawker puts no weight on this evidence because, apparently, tweets are never to be taken seriously. Ah, if only someone had told Anthony Weiner about that rule). What’s more, her letter to New York transparently demonstrates animosity towards Beck. Though not repeating the profanity on her Twitter (that tweet since deleted), her letter goes on to attack Beck for “spewing hate” on the radio and to boast about New York’s intolerance of intolerance– including the passage of last week’s same sex marriage law (not necessarily something Beck opposes– he is of the mind that the government should not have a role in marriage).

The final bit of information directly from Piscitell comes also from Gawker– her claim that Beck fans are sending her tons of hate mail and “have set up fake profiles for her on Ashley Madison and Adult FriendFinder.”

What Glenn Beck says happened

Glenn Beck, on his part, disputes a great deal of these claims. In fact, the only intersection between these two stories is that wine, at some point, was spilled in the vicinity of Beck’s family. In his first attempt of telling the story, Beck notes the crowd was so vicious he thought they would lynch him if he gave them a rope– likely intentional hyperbole. On Fox News later in the day, he retold the story sans lynching metaphors, but the structure was the same: he was jeered, his wife had wine spilled on her, but he did not leave as a display of courage. On his radio show today, he addressed Piscitell’s claims:

Beck called the claims “false” and identified Piscitell as “The lady, I’m sure, that screamed at me ‘You’re in a park! Get over it! When you come to a public park you should expect gymnastics!’” He also defended his bodyguards, who Piscitell accused of unnecessary prickliness, noting that “these guys are unbelievably professional” and that they said “not a word” at anyone (Piscitell says the bodyguards told them to knock off the acrobatics). As noted before, Beck also noted the evidence via The Blaze on his side of hateful invective at him from Piscatell, who claims to be a friend of the wine-spilling culprit. He noted that even in her claims that it was an accident, Piscitell tweeted, “we were of course, [sic] VERY happy that it happened.”

The acrobatics may also be a key to proving Beck’s point right, as the witness that spoke to Bershad also noted Piscitell’s friends doing them: “the only real jeers she heard were directed at a group doing fake acrobatics sitting near him.” Bershad’s witness did not specify whether the bodyguards were jeering as well, but from the context, it appears that, if they were annoyed by the acrobatics, they weren’t the only ones.

Beck has Piscitell’s ill will on his side– no matter what actually transpired between Beck’s family and Piscitell’s friends, the evidence is overwhelming that she is more than happy that something bad happened to Glenn Beck. Not that this translates into guilt, but it certainly does nothing to help her account.

But as much as Piscitell and company has the motive to commit the crime, so does Beck have the motive to want to incite it– his last week at Fox News. It is as much as “happy accident” for Piscitell that Tania Beck had wine spilled on her as it is a “happy accident” for Fox News’ The Glenn Beck Program to have a major controversy involving hateful liberals occurring during it’s last week on air. The crowd at a Bryant Park Movie Night is fairly predictably liberal– Beck must have known he was going into the lion’s den– and as much as his point about being courageous is a valid one in going, the evidence of him going out to similar events in the past is rather scarce (the only similar event in recent memory is his field trip to Harlem for the program in October 2009).

What we think happened

As with every news-story-cum-Rashomon-remake, it will probably take the testimonies of several other witnesses coming forward to figure out what truly happened at that park, or perhaps security camera evidence if it exists. Motives for hyperbole on both sides exist, as does universal evidence that something that upset Beck’s family happened– only the magnitude is in dispute. The facts we know for sure are that Beck and his family were at the movie event, some people near them were doing fake acrobatics, and some alcoholic liquid found itself on Tania Beck. After that, only Beck made a story out of it– a suspiciously convenient story which he embellished with lynching references and tears. Piscitell, while not exactly a fully reliable witness, gains nothing but 15 minutes of liberal martyrdom by attacking, while viewers flock to Beck’s program expecting further outrageous details. As tomorrow is Beck’s last night on Fox News, one would expect him not to devote much time to this private event, but the back and forth about an occurrence at such a public venue is bound to blossom more witnesses as the story develops.
The chick's Twitter feed said some bad things about Beck before the "attack", and a Twitter response told her to throw wine on him. Pretty damning.

tl;dr: Beck and his family are in a public situation, from what I can gather a movie projection in a park somewhere in NY. Dumb lib cunt Tweets she's sitting next to him, one of her friends has already yelled bad shit at his wife and kids coming back from the bathroom. Someone in their party douses his wife with wine, they pretend it was an accident and throw napkins at them.

Stay classy libs...

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I still don't see it as some vast liberal conspiracy like he's saying. Sounds like one or two assholes. Also it sounds like he was looking for some controversy. That blanket he showed up with seemed a bit over the top.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
I still don't see it as some vast liberal conspiracy like he's saying. Sounds like one or two assholes. Also it sounds like he was looking for some controversy. That blanket he showed up with seemed a bit over the top.

His taste in sweaters is a bit extreme too.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
And for exclusive interviews with Glenn Beck's wife and kids to hear their harrowing account of this attack...sign up for Glenn Beck TV today and lock in at the early bird special price of $19.99 per month for one year!!! And if you sign up within the next hour, Glenn will send you a "Restoring Honor" window cling...FREE! :icon_cool

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Typical liberal behavior. Keep it classy.
What I find disgusting is the coverage. Just do a google news search for this story. All the headlines are in the vein of: "Beck CLAIMS he was assaulted." And yet, some black congressman claims a Tea Party member spit on him and called him a Nigger, or a liberal reporter claims to have been assaulted by conservatives on the street and it's gospel. Fuck this country.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
What I find disgusting is the coverage. Just do a google news search for this story. All the headlines are in the vein of: "Beck CLAIMS he was assaulted." And yet, some black congressman claims a Tea Party member spit on him and called him a Nigger, or a liberal reporter claims to have been assaulted by conservatives on the street and it's gospel. Fuck this country.
I'm right there with you. The worst part is that it comes as no suprise. It's gotten to the point where I just expect this kind of shit.

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
I'm sure that the truth of this whole matter lies somewhere in between. I will say after hearing Beck speak out about this on the Show yesterday I do understand how people can fall for his shit. He's one hell of an entertainer and talented as shit. I have to give him that.

MagicBob

Dec 2, 2010
perhaps the word "CLAIMS" is being used because there are "CLAIMS" to the contrary.

but I'm sure thats not it... its some vast left wing media conspiracy. Seems like Becks has worked his magic with you.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
perhaps the word "CLAIMS" is being used because there are "CLAIMS" to the contrary.

but I'm sure thats not it... its some vast left wing media conspiracy. Seems like Becks has worked his magic with you.
Obvious troll is obvious. Nice way to IGNORE MY ENTIRE POINT. If the media were equal opportunity reporters on topics like this, then the "claimed" thing would have been ok. But take the coverage of the Emanuel Cleaver spitting incident, and all the headlines are either: "Tea party members spit on congressman" OR "Tea party members accused of spitting on congressman." They never cast doubt on his original statement.

But no, you're right. I'm just a Becksciple who believes in vast left wing conspiracies. Suck my dick.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
[yt]zXt56MB-3vc[/yt]

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
And for exclusive interviews with Glenn Beck's wife and kids to hear their harrowing account of this attack...sign up for Glenn Beck TV today and lock in at the early bird special price of $19.99 per month for one year!!! And if you sign up within the next hour, Glenn will send you a "Restoring Honor" window cling...FREE! :icon_cool
Somebody gets it...

And I don't see what you're saying about the news articles. It seems fairly balanced to me if you just go with keywords Glenn Beck New York Park Movie which seems to be pretty neutral terms to search with.

Is that the sweater he showed up with too? I saw the flag quilt he brought. If you're a controversial famous guy like Glenn Beck and you're going into a crowd of commie America-hating New Yorkers, wouldn't you try and go a bit incognito? It'd be like Sean Penn showing up in a Che Guevera T-shirt at a Tea Party rally and then he wonders why he gets tea spilled on him.

Sounds like he attention-whored this thing on purpose knowing he'd be in the headlines during his last week of his show on Fox.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
What's the "in between" truth? The cunts that attacked him bragged about it on Twitter. And people wonder why the left is reviled by decent people. They're fucking scum. And so are the people who claim it's somehow his fault for daring to go in public with a cheesy flag sweater on.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Gee, a video of a guy yelling at a congressman. That's all the proof I need. :rolleyes:

And I don't see what you're saying about the news articles. It seems fairly balanced to me if you just go with keywords Glenn Beck New York Park Movie which seems to be pretty neutral terms to search with.
Are you fucking serious? Here are the headlines that came up when I clicked that (in order, so that you don't think I cherry picked them):

"Fox News host Glenn Beck: My family was harassed during New York Bryant Park..."

"Glenn Beck on Bryant Park Harassment: “You Could Just Lynch Me”"

"Glenn Beck Gets Cold Shoulder From New Yorkers in Bryant Park"

"Glenn Beck Catches a Movie in the Park"

"The Mystery Of How Spilt Wine Landed On Glenn Beck's Blanket In Bryant Park"

"The Real Story Behind Glenn Beck's Hellish Outdoor Movie Nightmare"

"New Yorkers Terrorize Glenn Beck & His Family (In His Own Mind)"

"Glenn Beck Claims Hostile New Yorkers Nearly Lynched Him in Bryant Park"

and so on and so on. Wow, you sure showed me... :icon_cool

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Gee, a video of a guy yelling at a congressman. That's all the proof I need. :rolleyes:
Yes, because people reel back and swat their hands at "words" coming out of a guy's mouth. :rolleyes:
Are you fucking serious? Here are the headlines that came up when I clicked that (in order, so that you don't think I cherry picked them):
Like I said, pretty balanced. Half of those were just accounts of what happened, the others were lefty-slanted. Do you want me to pull the conservative headlines of the account or when the congressman claimed to have been spit on?

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Yes, because people reel back and swat their hands at "words" coming out of a guy's mouth. :rolleyes:
Yelling at someone and having spittle fly out of your mouth does not equal deliberately spitting on someone. Come on...

Like I said, pretty balanced. Half of those were just accounts of what happened, the others were lefty-slanted. Do you want me to pull the conservative headlines of the account or when the congressman claimed to have been spit on?
The difference is most conservative news sources do not pretend that they aren't conservative, but most liberal news sources pretend that they aren't liberal.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
You say it's because of politics.
You say it's because of race.

I say it's because Beck is a lunatic.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
Wow dude, you thought that was a natural reaction to someone being spat on? Plus, there's a cop right there walking behind him whom the guy is also yelling at that never even flinched. I think if the Congressman had truly been spit on, he'd have been put in cuffs right then and there. You fucking lefties LOVE to make shit up to seem like the victim.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Wow dude, you thought that was a natural reaction to someone being spat on? Plus, there's a cop right there walking behind him whom the guy is also yelling at that never even flinched. I think if the Congressman had truly been spit on, he'd have been put in cuffs right then and there. You fucking lefties LOVE to make shit up to seem like the victim.
Wah wah leave Fox and Bush alone!