Yeah, I watched it. I really liked it, the broad is a hoot and I thought it was really well done, in spite of being unapologetically Groundhog Day.
Wait, was it released on Groundhog Day? Probably was, those cheeky fucks.
Abducted In Plain Sight is... Interesting.
Almost literally unbelievable, at times I questioned whether it was a satire like American Vandal
Synopsis for those who aren't gonna watch
- There once were 2 mentally retarded parents that had a family. New charismatic man rolls into town... He's a pedophile.
- Pedophile hooks up with both the dad and the mom, but he REALLY wants the 9 year old girl
- The mentally retarded parents believe the pedophile that a psychiatrist has told him that part of his recovery is to sleep with their daughter, so they let him sleep in her bed at night 4x a week for like 6 months.
- Pedophile eventually kidnaps kid, brainwashes her that she's part alien, and like Mary/Joseph/Jesus they need to have a kid to save Earth. Speaks to her as the aliens through walkie-talkies basically
- Pedophile rapes her like daily
- Pedo marries her in Mexico, gets caught eventually, but blackmails the dad into dropping charges, because the dad used to jerk the pedophile off, and the mom fucked him too
- They all return home. The mom has an affair with the pedophile, and the pedophile is allowed to visit the child
- He kidnaps her again, because the parents are mentally retarded.
- Kid is very brainwashed, loves the pedo, wants to marry him
- They find her again
- Dumb kid eventually learns the alien story was fake, and the guy is a monster
- The kid now does speaking tours
- Pedophile wound up spending like a year in prison randomly, but not much. Committed suicide when he was elderly and facing jail.
The dad(Dick Cheney) of the kidnapped girl jerking off the kidnapper/pedophile because he basically asked him to was too much.
Right at the start, they say the dad owns a floral shop so what do I immediately think? He's a sissy. I felt bad for that. Then we find out he is a sissy, not only because he jerked B off, is was obvious in other ways. I think he did more, much more, than jerk B off too.
Pretty amazing story. I hate the parents. They still really aren't taking enough responsibility.
Giving it a look now. Lyonne is a bit over the top with the acting so far, but the premise is cool.
Two eps in, and starting to enjoy Natasha Lyonne's character. She comes off like an old jewish man, oddly enough. Not a fucking clue yet why she's having this repeating day, but it's probably a good thing. Not force feeding every secret of the show. Although I think I have an idea of what's happening, though it might be a hack cop-out if it is what I suspect.