NETFLIX God Damn It, Netflix - The Netflix Originals Thread

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
Guess who just paid $9 million for the Zac Efron Ted Bundy biopic.

DiggerNick

Donator
It'll probably get a bunch of Metallica fans watching since it's also James Hetfield's dramatic acting debut.

Yeah, wrap your head around that.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
It'll probably get a bunch of Metallica fans watching since it's also James Hetfield's dramatic acting debut.

Yeah, wrap your head around that.
Odd choice for Kimberly Leach.

Bobobie

Anyone watch Russian Doll? Another take on the Groundhog Day thing. I Binge watched it during the Superbowl and also watched the 1st Episode of Hannah on Amazon Prime.

DiggerNick

Donator
Anyone watch Russian Doll? Another take on the Groundhog Day thing. I Binge watched it during the Superbowl and also watched the 1st Episode of Hannah on Amazon Prime.
Reckon I'll give RUSSIAN DOLL a look. Natasha Lyonne is always entertaining to watch and the eps are only half an hour each.

I'm liking the look of VELVET BUZZSAW, too. Have to check that out.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Efron has gotta be pissed. The movie itself seemed to get mixed reviews, but there was a lot of buzz about his performance.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Yeah, I watched it. I really liked it, the broad is a hoot and I thought it was really well done, in spite of being unapologetically Groundhog Day.
Wait, was it released on Groundhog Day? Probably was, those cheeky fucks.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Abducted In Plain Sight is... Interesting.
Almost literally unbelievable, at times I questioned whether it was a satire like American Vandal

Synopsis for those who aren't gonna watch
- There once were 2 mentally retarded parents that had a family. New charismatic man rolls into town... He's a pedophile.
- Pedophile hooks up with both the dad and the mom, but he REALLY wants the 9 year old girl
- The mentally retarded parents believe the pedophile that a psychiatrist has told him that part of his recovery is to sleep with their daughter, so they let him sleep in her bed at night 4x a week for like 6 months.
- Pedophile eventually kidnaps kid, brainwashes her that she's part alien, and like Mary/Joseph/Jesus they need to have a kid to save Earth. Speaks to her as the aliens through walkie-talkies basically
- Pedophile rapes her like daily
- Pedo marries her in Mexico, gets caught eventually, but blackmails the dad into dropping charges, because the dad used to jerk the pedophile off, and the mom fucked him too
- They all return home. The mom has an affair with the pedophile, and the pedophile is allowed to visit the child
- He kidnaps her again, because the parents are mentally retarded.
- Kid is very brainwashed, loves the pedo, wants to marry him
- They find her again
- Dumb kid eventually learns the alien story was fake, and the guy is a monster
- The kid now does speaking tours
- Pedophile wound up spending like a year in prison randomly, but not much. Committed suicide when he was elderly and facing jail.

The dad(Dick Cheney) of the kidnapped girl jerking off the kidnapper/pedophile because he basically asked him to was too much.
Right at the start, they say the dad owns a floral shop so what do I immediately think? He's a sissy. I felt bad for that. Then we find out he is a sissy, not only because he jerked B off, is was obvious in other ways. I think he did more, much more, than jerk B off too.

Pretty amazing story. I hate the parents. They still really aren't taking enough responsibility.

Bobobie

It also means all the male actors will have overly styled hair, metro sexual clothing, and trip over themselves while avoiding zombies.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Giving it a look now. Lyonne is a bit over the top with the acting so far, but the premise is cool.

Two eps in, and starting to enjoy Natasha Lyonne's character. She comes off like an old jewish man, oddly enough. Not a fucking clue yet why she's having this repeating day, but it's probably a good thing. Not force feeding every secret of the show. Although I think I have an idea of what's happening, though it might be a hack cop-out if it is what I suspect.

Last edited:

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Chloë Sevigny plays her mom? She aged up with makeup for that?

Probably better if she goes no make-up, she looks rough without it. She could pass for 70.
There aren't many people out there who I find...confusing to look at, but Sevigny is definitely one of them. I don't get it, JB!

Radioguy

I almost bailed after ep. 1, but it gets interesting at 3/4. At least so far...

Radioguy

"This is because you were fucking that Irish fucking gingerbread fisherman-looking motherfucker." - best line in ep 6.

...and Sevigny....
is her mother in a 90s flashback.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
"This is because you were fucking that Irish fucking gingerbread fisherman-looking motherfucker." - best line in ep 6.

...and Sevigny....
is her mother in a 90s flashback.
I saw some people saying the dialogue was crap and it was amateurish. You may not like it but it's not amateurish.