NETFLIX God Damn It, Netflix - The Netflix Originals Thread

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
A little sentimental at the end, but worth watching. This damn well helps Lyonne's career.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Netflix bought Knock Down the House (doc featuring AOC) for 10 million. Looks like a decent deal to me.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator

Bobobie

Isn't Robert Sheehan getting kind of old to play these roles? It's been a while since the Misfits and he has to be in his 30's now.

DiggerNick

Donator
VELVET BUZZSAW was great when it was about the hilarious pretentions of the art-fag world. But it committed my cardinal sin of horror movies by showing scary stuff that the character's don't see. That's hacky bullshit.

As obviously gay as Jake Gyllenhaal is he still looked very unconvincing as a mincing faggot.

Still, it was nice to see a good role for Zawe Ashton; since she was so good in the brilliant British comedy series FRESH MEAT.

Binged Russian Doll the other day and enjoyed it. Went deeper than Ground Hog Day

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Binged Russian Doll the other day and enjoyed it. Went deeper than Ground Hog Day
Just finished it. Pretty sweet ending, and my suspicion from earlier is 100% wrong. Liked it though. I saw somewhere they have 3 seasons charted out, hope it gets to tell the full story.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Just finished it. Pretty sweet ending, and my suspicion from earlier is 100% wrong. Liked it though. I saw somewhere they have 3 seasons charted out, hope it gets to tell the full story.
What else is there to tell?

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
What else is there to tell?
I dunno, I only read there were two more seasons sketched out, so I assume they dig deeper into why their shared reality break happened, why it seemed to be rotting while they and all their characters in their worlds seemed not to notice, etc.

Hope they don't continue. It was good, ended well. Leave it and come up with another story. Hate when they milk something and just ruins it.

My thought in Ground Hog Day and this story is why them or maybe show that a lot of people go through this. There's not just one total douche bag in the world who can turn their life around

DiggerNick

Donator
Watched HIGH FLYING BIRD, a decent little talking heads picture and another one of Steven Soderbergh's iPhone quickies.

I have to imagine Soderbergh, in all his austere glory, was like "A basketball movie with no basketball in it? Genius! I must make it..."

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I finished Collateral. (Limited Series starring Carey Mulligan) impossibly, it got worse.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
I wasn't fond of Natasha's over the top "acting" in ep 1, but by the end she won me over. Found myself liking her, and feeling kind of sorry for the shit life she lived. Even started to find her oddly attractive, though not much.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
[QUOTE="JoeyDVDZ, post: 6205358, member: 4800">]Even started to find her oddly attractive, though not much.[/QUOTE]
She acted dyke-ish to me so...

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
[QUOTE="JoeyDVDZ, post: 6205358, member: 4800">]Even started to find her oddly attractive, though not much.
She acted dyke-ish to me so...[/QUOTE]
Sorta, but she was besties with a whole load of dykes so I forgave that. She was trying hard to get dick, so she was obviously straight in the role.

To me she came off like a stereotypical hard-ass Jewish Bronx girl.

The Umbrella Academy is on Netflix this Friday. I'm more interested in Doom Patrol on DC Universe the same night, but I'll have to "find" it with my Kodi Box.