NETFLIX God Damn It, Netflix - The Netflix Originals Thread

DiggerNick

Donator
God help me, I'm actually watching this new DATING AROUND show.

The first guy is a milquetoast real estate broker douche, but he has some fine bitches just begging to get on his crank.

One blonde chick has a really good sense of humour but will probably not age well. Some New Jersey skank who thinks her shit don't stink. A random brunette Jewess who is quite nice. And a super-sexy Columbian broad who seems sweet and looks like she could suck a golf ball through a garden hose. Oh, and a chunky black chick who arrived late and bailed early.

This show could be good for a few loffs.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I intended to watch the first episode of The Umbrella Academy during dinner on Saturday. I ended up binging the entire season until 4:00a.m..

It's soooooo good.

Great characters with far more character development of every one than I expected in a ten episode season.

Take Wes Anderson, add a healthy dose of Fargo, sprinkle on some David Lynch and mix it up with superpowers....with a Tarantino worthy soundtrack.

Two major flaws. The direction of the show was painfully apparent by episode 3. And there was one character/interaction that was a bit unbelievable.

The effects were remarkably good, including the effects for Pogo, who could have been ripped right out of Planet of the Apes. There is one glaring exception, but that's a spoiler.

As my co-worker put it, most superhero shows are "superheroes with flaws." These are flawed, broken ass people who happen to have powers.

And, to be clear, this is NOT a comedy. Yes, there is humor, but the show takes itself 100% seriously.

It's great. For the love of God, watch it.

LiddyRules

Johny Charro Card Holder #1
I intended to watch the first episode of The Umbrella Academy during dinner on Saturday. I ended up binging the entire season until 4:00a.m..

It's soooooo good.

Great characters with far more character development of every one than I expected in a ten episode season.

Take Wes Anderson, add a healthy dose of Fargo, sprinkle on some David Lynch and mix it up with superpowers....with a Tarantino worthy soundtrack.

Two major flaws. The direction of the show was painfully apparent by episode 3. And there was one character/interaction that was a bit unbelievable.

The effects were remarkably good, including the effects for Pogo, who could have been ripped right out of Planet of the Apes. There is one glaring exception, but that's a spoiler.

As my co-worker put it, most superhero shows are "superheroes with flaws." These are flawed, broken ass people who happen to have powers.

And, to be clear, this is NOT a comedy. Yes, there is humor, but the show takes itself 100% seriously.

I'll get to it after Patriot. IS THAT FUCKING OKAY WITH EVERYONE?!?!

I also really want to see Doom Patrol.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98

Too lazy to post it in both their theads.
I still wonder about the timing. If they didn't announce now, would they be on the hook for more money? I ask, because doing it before the release would engender the most negative fan reaction and campaigning, and might even boost the ratings (not that we'd know with NETFLIX). If they wanted the ratings boosted, say in their deliberation on a season four, they shot themselves in the foot not trying this with DD or Punisher (we kinda knew before Punisher, but wasn't "official").

Anyhow, they look like even bigger assholes this way, and since they are SO calculated, I wonder if there's something else at play.

MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator
Yeah but The Dirt (Motley Crue) is coming to Netflix in March

I bet it stinks, even though the book was pretty good

DiggerNick

Donator
Yeah but The Dirt (Motley Crue) is coming to Netflix in March

I bet it stinks, even though the book was pretty good
Netflix isn't even bothering with trailers. Who the fuck knew BIRD BOX even existed until it turned up on your front page one day?

Not having to promote anything saves them untold millions. Which they then spend on shit like NANETTE.

MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator
Does Netflix run ads on normal TV or Cable?

LiddyRules

http://www.darkhorizons.com/netflixs-green-eggs-ham-announces-cast/

Michael Douglas, Adam DeVine, Diane Keaton, Ilana Glazer, Eddie Izzard, Tracy Morgan, Keegan-Michael Key, Daveed Diggs, John Turturro, Jeffrey Wright, and Jillian Bell have all been announced as the voice cast of Netflix’s new animated series “Green Eggs and Ham”.

Based on the beloved Dr. Seuss book, the cartoon follows opposites Guy and Sam as they venture out on a road trip to save an endangered animal from a far off zoo. Along the way they learn to try new things like hope, friendship, and a certain tasty dish.

Devine is Sam I Am, Douglas is Guy Am I, Glazer is Eb, Keaton is Michellee, Key is the narrator, Izzard is Snerz, Jeffrey Wright is McWinkle, Jillian Bell is Gluntz, Turturro is Goat, Morgan is Fox and Daveed Diggs is Mouse.

Ellen DeGeneres executive produces the series which has been three years in the making and is rumored to be one of the most expensive animated programs produced for television. The series premieres this Fall.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
Does Netflix run ads on normal TV or Cable?
I think the only ads that I saw for a Netflix movie or television show were the ones for Bright.

But Netflix does get a lot of indirect advertising being associated with T-Mobile and Optimum.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I think the only ads that I saw for a Netflix movie or television show were the ones for Bright.

But Netflix does get a lot of indirect advertising being associated with T-Mobile and Optimum.
I first read that as T-Mobile and Opium....which would explain some things.

I've seen ads on YouTube.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator

Plus there was lots of Birdbox during the Superbowl. And last year there was a lot of that new Cloverfield one during the Superbowl or whatever it was hyped after.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator

It's soooooo good.

I watched an episode based on this review. You fucking people. You make me fucking sick. Fuck you.

No offense.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I haven't watched it yet.
I can't wait till you do. I doubt you'll hate it but you definitely won't think it is good. It tries to be all weird and clever but it's all transparent and contrived.

It's like meeting someone with pink hair and piercings and tattoos. Then you talk to them and discover they are dullest person on the planet.

LiddyRules

I can't wait till you do. I doubt you'll hate it but you definitely won't think it is good. It tries to be all weird and clever but it's all transparent and contrived.

It's like meeting someone with pink hair and piercings and tattoos. Then you talk to them and discover they are dullest person on the planet.
RIP Psy

Bobobie

It wasn't too obvious that Klaus likes to make out with dudes? That Ellen Page had some hidden power? That Number one was hiding a Gorilla body from episode one?

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/hulu-fx-likely-revive-marvel-netflix-shows/

Hulu Or FX Will Likely Bring Back The Marvel Netflix Shows
By Christian Bone @ChristianABone 1 day ago

Marvel fans are currently mourning the death of the Defenders-verse as Netflix has finally made it official that they’re cancelling all five of their superhero series set in the MCU. Lovers of New York’s street-level heroes aren’t ready to say goodbye to them just yet, though, and have been campaigning to get another platform to pick up the likes of Daredevil, The Punisher and Jessica Jones.

Well, for those fans who are still holding out hope, we have some good news. A source has told us that either Hulu or FX will revive the cancelled shows. Marvel Television is said to be currently talking to both companies about taking over that corner of the Marvel universe. What’s more, our source tells us that it’s a “sure thing” that one of them – and it would only be one, the franchise would not be split across different networks – will pick the shows up, but can’t confirm which one it’ll be right now.

As awesome as this news is, there is a “but” coming up. If you’re wondering how this info fits in with the knowledge that Marvel can’t do anything with these characters for two years, this still stands apparently and the House of Ideas is prepared to wait for those 24 months before resurrecting Luke Cage, Iron Fist and the others. And that’s something else we heard – all five of the shows will be revived, though some might return sooner than others.

Of course, this has yet to be confirmed by the studio, but comments made by Marvel TV’s Jeph Loeb recently support our intel, as he’s said that he wouldn’t be surprised if these series made a comeback later down the line. He did warn that it would require getting the cast and the showrunners back on board, but certainly everyone involved in Daredevil seems keen to make more. Just see those comments made by Charlie Cox, Vincent D’Onofrio and producer Erik Oleson for evidence of that.

Jessica Jones is the last Marvel Netflix show still standing with one season to come to later this year. After that, the whole thing will be over, but we’ll keep you updated as more info on where these characters may surface next comes our way.