NETFLIX God Damn It, Netflix - The Netflix Originals Thread

Bobobie

You don't remember that it ends with people spontaneously breaking out in an interpretative dance to stop a school shooter?
Oh yeah, I never really thought of it as dancing. I thought of it as some form of metaphysical Tai Chi.

Bobobie

I've watched three episodes. Nearly every new cast member this season is black or Asian. What a difference two years makes. You can't have a show with so many white people in 2019 like they did in season 1.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
I did notice that. 3 eps in as well, and damn near anyone who wasn't directly involved in S1 is Asian (odd choice) or black.

Watched The Dirt last night. Decent enough view, kinda wished they dove more into the thought behind their songwriting than the constant partying. Was really distracted by Ramsay Bolton playing Mick Mars.

Watched The Dirt last night. Decent enough view, kinda wished they dove more into the thought behind their songwriting than the constant partying. Was really distracted by Ramsay Bolton playing Mick Mars.
It was better than I thought it would be, but that's not saying much. The constant narration got a bit annoying.

I watched American Anarchist. It's about the guy that wrote The Anarchist's Cookbook and his thoughts about the book now. Or, at least, I think it was supposed to be, before the interviewer started tying him to every domestic terror attack since 1970.

It was better than I thought it would be, but that's not saying much. The constant narration got a bit annoying.
True....I didn't expect much. But I don't think I'd care nearly as much if I wasn't a fan and knew the general history of the band. They touched on most of the high events of their career (Vince's accident, Nikki's OD, Vince's daughter, Tommy's wedding) but omitted a few key points (Tommy leaving the band, and Tommy's pool killing someone).

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot in the Galaxy
If you haven't watched it yet, you better do it by April 1st. Supposedly all of the Bond movies are leaving Netflix then. I could sworn they just got there last month too.
Or it could be a Fools joke.

I tried watching Austin Powers 1 a couple of weeks ago. Does not hold up. It's actually very slow.

Bobobie

Speaking of stuff leaving Netflix. Hopefully they have future plans for 2020 or the picking for movies will suck.

Bobobie

Was watching the ending of OA episode 5. Did not see that comming.

DiggerNick

Donator
If you want to watch a brilliant, hilarious show on Netflix then check out AMERICAN VANDAL. It's a genius parody of these new true crime series where someone investigates a crime throughout a season.

Here, it's a pair of high school students who are investigating things like someone drawing dicks on things, or a poo-obsessed prankster called The Turd Burglar.

It's so funny and the mysteries are genuinely complex. Of course, Netflix cancelled season three of this great show while giving over a hundred comedy 'specials' to minority hacks who nobody has ever heard of.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
If you want to watch a brilliant, hilarious show on Netflix then check out AMERICAN VANDAL. It's a genius parody of these new true crime series where someone investigates a crime throughout a season.

Here, it's a pair of high school students who are investigating things like someone drawing dicks on things, or a poo-obsessed prankster called The Turd Burglar.

It's so funny and the mysteries are genuinely complex. Of course, Netflix cancelled season three of this great show while giving over a hundred comedy 'specials' to minority hacks who nobody has ever heard of.
"Clever" is what came to mind watching the trailers for those. The problem with parodying something like Making Of A Murderer is that if all the jokes are delivered too deadpan, as the trailers indicate, it takes a lot of the joy out of it. That doesn't mean be as ridiculous as Chris Guest ones, but this looks like it embraces form over function a bit. It seems a lot of work for the laughs it's trying to get.

Bobobie

His acting talents was wasted on such a low-key character. I had no idea Mars was such an old dad.

MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator
In reality Mick Mars was the actual “genius” in the band....they gloss over it or give others credit, but he was behind a lot of the ideas and songs

Tommy Lee’s Drum kit shit

That’s Mars old band Whitehorse in 1975....I think he just likes flying under the radar

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
Or it could be a Fools joke.

I tried watching Austin Powers 1 a couple of weeks ago. Does not hold up. It's actually very slow.
I guess Netflix is rotating the Bond movies with another streaming service. Because now they have the following ones available:

Dr. No
Thunderball
Golden Eye
From Russia With Love
OHMSS
Moonraker

Pretty much all the ones that weren't there last month.