NETFLIX God Damn It, Netflix - The Netflix Originals Thread

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
There are probably some truly dreadful Netflix movies out there. Sub-HitW garbage. There's a bunch of teen-centered stuff that probably stink.
You mean netflix originals or all movies on the platform?

Btw, I just saw Mindhunter season 2 releases on the 16th.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Netflix originals. Like "The Kissing Booth" and "Swiped."

Same day as Sextuplets.
Vulture has a list ranking all netflix original films...

Kissing Booth 270 out of 278.
Swiped isn't on the list.
Coming in at 278...The Do-Over

LiddyRules

She Is Not My BFF. She Is Not.
Vulture has a list ranking all netflix original films...

Kissing Booth 270 out of 278.
Swiped isn't on the list.
Coming in at 278...The Do-Over
I believe The Do-Over was a movie we tried to HitW but got irritated halfway through that we were stuck doing it. Like most Adam Sandler movies.

Swiped

A popular college kid asks for help from his nerd friend to develop a flirting app, and their brilliant idea to make money and make a profit by meeting new girls is a success. However, with the popularity of the app, things go out of control.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I believe The Do-Over was a movie we tried to HitW but got irritated halfway through that we were stuck doing it. Like most Adam Sandler movies.

Swiped

A popular college kid asks for help from his nerd friend to develop a flirting app, and their brilliant idea to make money and make a profit by meeting new girls is a success. However, with the popularity of the app, things go out of control.
I watched the trailer. It's dreadful but I honestly dont know if anything could be worse than Sextuplets for me.

Verbal Kint

Come on now Algebra, this ain't no place for you
Finished watching Peaky Blinders through again and I fuckin' dig it.
Cant wait for a new season. (Oh, and fuck the BBC and their bullshit, 6 episode seasons.)

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Race-specific comedy is the worst movie genre. Even worse than race-specific rom-com.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
What about race specific Christian rom-coms? I bought a DVD of such hilarity for Liddy’s next Passover.
So awful, but I think they have a bigger chance of unintentional comedy than RSCs.

Race-specific religious comedies could be the final boss in hell though.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
For all of you interpretive dance vs. school shooter genre nerds, the OA has been cancelled after two seasons.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Damn it. Last season it became almost good.
Yeah, I'm kinda bummed too. Still have no idea if I enjoyed it or not, but it was at least something that I sat and watched.

This has been 'Amazing Reviews' by Crip and Liddy.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Yeah, I'm kinda bummed too. Still have no idea if I enjoyed it or not, but it was at least something that I sat and watched.

A shame when Liddy had his jaw removed, but black pussy was a drug he couldn't kick.

Bobobie

OA wasn't too bad. Even the diversity injection of season 2 wasn't enough to derail the overall story.

LiddyRules

OA wasn't too bad. Even the diversity injection of season 2 wasn't enough to derail the overall story.
I thought the "diversity" characters in Season 2 (that one black guy and the Asian lady gasp shock horror) were much better than her white school yard chums in Season 1.

LiddyRules

Once they got past Season 1 in trying to explain everything, I like how weird Season 2 got. Like telepathic squid and the robots doing the interpretive dance.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Just finished binging Wu Assassin.

Special effects are generally terrible, the plot is thin, the acting is hit or miss...I enjoyed it.

The martial arts are great. It's one of those films where everyone inexplicably knows martial arts.

The blonde is a young ScarJo.

Just started Season 3 of "GLOW". Very good first episode.

I couldn't stand the original. This is so much better, and Marc Maron kills it every time.

DiggerNick

Donator
THE PERFECTION is pretty damn great.

I think it's safe to say that it would never have gotten made without Netflix. How the fuck would you sell and distribute that movie?

With all the utter shit Netflix releases occasionally they really nail it. THE PERFECTION is one of those times.

Last edited:

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Just finished binging Wu Assassin.

Special effects are generally terrible, the plot is thin, the acting is hit or miss...I enjoyed it.

The martial arts are great. It's one of those films where everyone inexplicably knows martial arts.

The blonde is a young ScarJo.
Katheryn Winnick? She’s 7 years older than ScarJo.

THE PERFECTION is pretty damn great.

I think it's safe to say that it would never have gotten made without Netflix. How the fuck would you sell and distribute that movie?

With all the utter shit Netflix releases occasionally they really nail it. THE PERFECTION is one of those times.
Ok you’ve convinced me. Lids, are you free next Tuesday?