NETFLIX God Damn It, Netflix - The Netflix Originals Thread

Slow on catching up on GLOW, just because I have plenty of other things to watch. Watched Episode 6 of Season 2 last night... aw shit.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
@LiddyRules We are firmly out of the demo but To All the Boys I've Loved Before might actually be decent. Does it count if none of us ever see it? What if I jacked to the star?

I love when I make a self depricating olive branch post and the other person completely misses the point.

So let me try a different tactic. You liked Altered Carbon so shut the fuck up.
It was way different then the book, but it was visually nice, and didn’t have too many holes. The Hello unicorn backpack earned bonus points.

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
@LiddyRules We are firmly out of the demo but To All the Boys I've Loved Before might actually be decent. Does it count if none of us ever see it? What if I jacked to the star?

I don't think that's a right metric to judge a movie on.

Wait, she's 21. You're good.

LiddyRules

Netflix has announced that the animated series “Avatar: The Last Airbender” will be reimagined as a live-action series exclusively for the streaming giant. Production is expected to commence next year.

LiddyRules

Animation

Pacific Rim
“Pacific Rim” will expand the world of the two live-action movies of the same name. The story follows two siblings – an idealistic teenage boy and his naïve younger sister – who are forced to pilot an abandoned Jaeger across a hostile landscape in a desperate attempt to find their missing parents. Craig Kyle (“Thor: Ragnarok”) and Greg Johnson (“X-Men: Evolution”) serve as showrunners.

Altered Carbon
Set in the same universe as Netflix’s live-action sci-fi series, the anime will explore new elements of the story mythology and hails from animation studio Anima. The episodes will be penned by Dai Sato (“Cowboy Bebop,” “Samurai Champloo”) and Tsukasa Kondo.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Animation

Pacific Rim
“Pacific Rim” will expand the world of the two live-action movies of the same name. The story follows two siblings – an idealistic teenage boy and his naïve younger sister – who are forced to pilot an abandoned Jaeger across a hostile landscape in a desperate attempt to find their missing parents. Craig Kyle (“Thor: Ragnarok”) and Greg Johnson (“X-Men: Evolution”) serve as showrunners.

Altered Carbon
Set in the same universe as Netflix’s live-action sci-fi series, the anime will explore new elements of the story mythology and hails from animation studio Anima. The episodes will be penned by Dai Sato (“Cowboy Bebop,” “Samurai Champloo”) and Tsukasa Kondo.
I dont have high expectations but I'll give PR a shot. It should work well animated.

As for AC, no chance.

LiddyRules

I dont have high expectations but I'll give PR a shot. It should work well animated.

As for AC, no chance.
I was kind of thinking the opposite. The first season of the show was such garbage that maybe in the hands of a decent creative team with the greater freedom of animation, it could be a decent adult sci-fi cartoon. Like if they didn't feel beholden to the garbage Kovacs backstory. I just don't care much about anime.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I was kind of thinking the opposite. The first season of the show was such garbage that maybe in the hands of a decent creative team with the greater freedom of animation, it could be a decent adult sci-fi cartoon. Like if they didn't feel beholden to the garbage Kovacs backstory. I just don't care much about anime.
That's possible. Dammit, now I have to give it a shot too.

It doesn't take much to persuade me.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Agreed. AC would work as anime. Not so much PR; especially since the Godzilla anime films as of late aren't taking the world by storm themselves.

Serkis: Thanks for buying my movie, Netflix! We just need a few months and a little more money to finish the CGI.

Netflix: it’s fine.
Actually, it works. It looks like it could do well in theaters to boot.

LiddyRules

Agreed. AC would work as anime. Not so much PR; especially since the Godzilla anime films as of late aren't taking the world by storm themselves.
I think AC could have worked as live action, but they took every possible interesting concept or aspect of the universe and did the worst, blandest, most pedestrian things possible with them.

Hopefully, they will be more hands off with the AC Anime. But if it's more shit about that God damn resistance from 200 years ago that lasted a week and a half, then f that noise. God damn it. It's going to be all about the resistance, isn't it?