NETFLIX God Damn It, Netflix - The Netflix Originals Thread

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
2018.- The year that both Robin Hood and Sherlock Holmes died on the big screen. May both characters hopefully rest in piece.

LiddyRules

Johny Charro Card Holder #1
2018.- The year that both Robin Hood and Sherlock Holmes died on the big screen. May both characters hopefully rest in piece.
No matter how bad H/W might be, it can't be worse than the last episode of Sherlock.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I’m not sure what’s worse for a character these days - being in the public domain, or having your rights owned by Fox.

LiddyRules

But you - you said yes.
The new douchey Facebook engagement announcement.

I'd need to be in the right frame of mind for it though.

On the bright side, Marwen might lose $50 million.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
On the bright side, Marwen might lose $50 million.
What can you expect from a story that seems written for Robin Williams' declining years? Zemeckis has two more movies in the pipeline, and I don't have high hopes.

Contact, though...very underrated for a post-Back To the Future Zemeckis film. He should have kept on with that genre. He might have pulled off an Interstellar if given the chance again.

LiddyRules

What can you expect from a story that seems written for Robin Williams' declining years? Zemeckis has two more movies in the pipeline, and I don't have high hopes.

Contact, though...very underrated for a post-Back To the Future Zemeckis film. He should have kept on with that genre. He might have pulled off an Interstellar if given the chance again.
Apparently the documentary is quite good, but the movie looked unsettling. Like his Polar Express/Christmas Carol movies.

I remember thinking Flight was okay and Allied was fine. Other than every tine Pitt spoke a foreign language I thought of Inglourious Basterds. Bon Jorno.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Apparently the documentary is quite good, but the movie looked unsettling. Like his Polar Express/Christmas Carol movies.

I remember thinking Flight was okay and Allied was fine. Other than every tine Pitt spoke a foreign language I thought of Inglourious Basterds. Bon Jorno.
Pitt in IB was a caricature, and a comedic one. I think that's the only saving grace for him in that film...which still works better without that performance.

Anyhow, I gotta watch Flight again, but I don't remember me being emotionally invested in either that or Allied. In fact, I really disliked Allied. I don't think Zemeckis pulled those off, and I think he's been in a decline since Castaway, really.

Again, his type of romanticized picturesque aesthetic works better for sci-fi as it's an unknown. His version of WWII just felt dated, and I mean the 80s.

I say Bob should start writing again.

Contact 2: Lavender married Foster & McConaughey head off to see space dad David Morse again who's retconned as a transsexual alien having previously taken the appearance of her closeted gay father (also retconned). Where's the IMAX presale???

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
No matter how bad H/W might be, it can't be worse than the last episode of Sherlock.
H/W is probably guilty of doing the same that Sherlock did. Relying too much on the chemistry of the cast and not putting enough effort into the story.

Pigdango

Donator
I watched the Black Mirror “choose your own adventure” movie.

It was loads of fun until...

God dammit, Netflix.

LiddyRules

God dammit, Netflix.
Haven't watched it yet. Apparently Bird Box is their biggest launch ever

https://variety.com/2018/digital/news/bird-box-netflix-45-million-views-first-week-1203096379/

with numbers that...I don't want to say constitute "fraud," but I haven't gotten to it either so I can't judge. Maybe I'll give it a shot this weekend. But those numbers seem a bit hinky, right?

Pigdango

Donator
Haven't watched it yet. Apparently Bird Box is their biggest launch ever

https://variety.com/2018/digital/news/bird-box-netflix-45-million-views-first-week-1203096379/

with numbers that...I don't want to say constitute "fraud," but I haven't gotten to it either so I can't judge. Maybe I'll give it a shot this weekend. But those numbers seem a bit hinky, right?
If that’s total worldwide that may work with some hefty shenanigans like counting someone starting and stopping it as 2 views.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator

God dammit, Netflix.
I can see how this could get tedious as shit.

Does every timeline have Stefan interacting with a 21st century viewer via Netflix? Not sure I have the staying power to keep looping back and forth to watch them all.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I can see how this could get tedious as shit.

Does every timeline have Stefan interacting with a 21st century viewer via Netflix? Not sure I have the staying power to keep looping back and forth to watch them all.
I have to ask. What the hell are you still doing here?

LiddyRules