NETFLIX God Damn It, Netflix - The Netflix Originals Thread

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
What the hell are you doing watching local news?
It's a whole thing. I've got this weird structure that I try to produce which includes mindless, dumb shit like local news or whatever crap is on network TV because of my chick on a given night. An evening by myself is drastically different than what I have to provide for my chick just to get her to a mental state where we can both relax.

It sounds more oppressive than it is, I guess, and I don't have the energy to try to go back and make this as nuanced as it actually is. But anyway, yadda yadda yadda, it's just gotta be part of my routine with my chick.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
It's a whole thing. I've got this weird structure that I try to produce which includes mindless, dumb shit like local news or whatever crap is on network TV because of my chick on a given night. An evening by myself is drastically different than what I have to provide for my chick just to get her to a mental state where we can both relax.

It sounds more oppressive than it is, I guess, and I don't have the energy to try to go back and make this as nuanced as it actually is. But anyway, yadda yadda yadda, it's just gotta be part of my routine with my chick.

I might be able to put up with one or the other but both the local news and network tv would be a deal breaker. I take that back, network tv alone would definitely be a deal breaker.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
I might be able to put up with one or the other but both the local news and network tv would be a deal breaker. I take that back, network tv alone would definitely be a deal breaker.
It's more the 'live' aspect. Football is a blessing because she can get into football and watch hours of football news. So if there's a game, I don't have to deal with any of that crap, or even if Total Access is going semi-live, I don't have to deal. But if I don't have that to fall on (most nights, obviously) I've gotta provide something to her in order to keep my own sanity. I've got a system that works, don't knock it!

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line
A) What Network shows do you watch? Are there any worth any?

B) I like watching local news when I'm in a smaller market because the production values are shite. The studio looks like public access, the clothes don't fit, the timing is off. It's kind of delightful.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
A) What Network shows do you watch? Are there any worth any?

B) I like watching local news when I'm in a smaller market because the production values are shite. The studio looks like public access, the clothes don't fit, the timing is off. It's kind of delightful.
A. No, nothing really. I throw on dumb crap like "Ellen's Game of Games" or Match Game, or any Gordon Ramsey cooking show. A lot of cooking shows.
B. God I love small market local news. Unfortunately I'm in a huge market so they're all glossy and spiffy as they talk about the daily shootings or car chases or some other damn calamity. When I was up in Sacramento last Fall, the weather guy kept cutting over to a cat who resided in some barn attached to the studio, and that's the kind of TV I wish I had access to.

LiddyRules

A. No, nothing really. I throw on dumb crap like "Ellen's Game of Games" or Match Game, or any Gordon Ramsey cooking show. A lot of cooking shows.
B. God I love small market local news. Unfortunately I'm in a huge market so they're all glossy and spiffy as they talk about the daily shootings or car chases or some other damn calamity. When I was up in Sacramento last Fall, the weather guy kept cutting over to a cat who resided in some barn attached to the studio, and that's the kind of TV I wish I had access to.
I find shows like Hotel Impossible, The Profit, and to a lesser extent Bar Rescue (I think Taffer can be a bit much and he sounds like Master Shake) a decent diversion...until you overdo it and can't watch it again for months. But I don't like Ramsey for some reason. That 24 Hours Kitchen Clean Up is crap.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I find shows like Hotel Impossible, The Profit, and to a lesser extent Bar Rescue (I think Taffer can be a bit much and he sounds like Master Shake) a decent diversion...until you overdo it and can't watch it again for months. But I don't like Ramsey for some reason. That 24 Hours Kitchen Clean Up is crap.
I like Ramsay for the most part. Not enough to sit through his new one or Hell's kitchen. The only cooking show I still watch consistently is Top Chef.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I was about to say Hell's Kitchen is the worst reality show in history but then I remembered Masked Singer just came out.

LiddyRules

I like Ramsay for the most part. Not enough to sit through his new one or Hell's kitchen. The only cooking show I still watch consistently is Top Chef.
Doesn't sound like you like him very much at all!

I was about to say Hell's Kitchen is the worst reality show in history but then I remembered Masked Singer just came out.
24 Hours Optimus Prime Fixes Your Diner Or Whatever is worse than HK

I forgot Masked Singer started. I want to watch that!

Fun Fact: Masked Singer is what tween boys call the director of X-Men

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Doesn't sound like you like him very much at all!

24 Hours Optimus Prime Fixes Your Diner Or Whatever is worse than HK

I forgot Masked Singer started. I want to watch that!

Fun Fact: Masked Singer is what tween boys call the director of X-Men
I stand corrected but the Hell's Kitchen following week preview is the worst thing in history. There's an ambulance sound every goddamn week.

LiddyRules

I stand corrected but the Hell's Kitchen following week preview is the worst thing in history. There's an ambulance sound every goddamn week.
Do yourself a favor and watch "There's A 150 Foot Truck Coming to a Three Restaurant Town I Wonder What It Could Mean Do The People In The Truck Live In The Truck I Like To Pretend They Do." Just one episode.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Do yourself a favor and watch "There's A 150 Foot Truck Coming to a Three Restaurant Town I Wonder What It Could Mean Do The People In The Truck Live In The Truck I Like To Pretend They Do." Just one episode.
I've seen it and thoroughly enjoyed the "optimus prime" ref.

LiddyRules

It also has the current Ramsey fallback of "there's a weird Cockney guy who is clearly wearing bad prosthetics and theatrical facial hair. Who could it be?"