NETFLIX God Damn It, Netflix - The Netflix Originals Thread

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Should I watch the blindfold movie?
It's a gimmick movie. Depends on how low your standards are. Bored and under the influence of anti-sobriety medication it's fine. Will never cross your mind to watch it again, but for the gimmick once, eh. Fine.

LiddyRules

Signed To a Non-Exclusive Consultancy
Yes, it's fucking atrocious.
He always pretends to be some blue collar guy. Because the cartoonish, heavily accented 60 year old dock worker whom no one has ever seen before won't stand out in Shitsville, Iowa.

LiddyRules

It's a gimmick movie. Depends on how low your standards are. Bored and under the influence of anti-sobriety medication it's fine. Will never cross your mind to watch it again, but for the gimmick once, eh. Fine.
Did you consider Quiet Place a gimmick movie? I didn't.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Did you consider Quiet Place a gimmick movie? I didn't.
Haven't seen it yet, but it kind of sounded like it would be gimmicky. I always think of gimmicky movies like... like the Book of Eli. You go through 90-whatever minutes of whatever weird world they're trying to create, whatever characters they've pasted around, and then at the end there's some big reveal about some damn macguffin or another and then the movie ends. Sixth Sense is totally a gimmick movie.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Went and subjected myself to Bird Box. As unoriginal as you'd expect, but for this unexplained-reason-why-it's-happening-but-deal-with-it "genre", it's pulled off well. The performances are good, and it's well edited. That's all I can say for it.

Don't go watching for an theoretical explanation at the end like The Happening, though. You don't get one. That part made me angrier than the ending of The Forgotten.

LiddyRules

Went and subjected myself to Bird Box. As unoriginal as you'd expect, but for this unexplained-reason-why-it's-happening-but-deal-with-it "genre", it's pulled off well. The performances are good, and it's well edited. That's all I can say for it.

Don't go watching for an theoretical explanation at the end like The Happening, though. You don't get one. That part made me angrier than the ending of The Forgotten.
How did The Forgotten end?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I got nothin'. I just wanted to play along.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
That looks a little Samurai Jack and a little Kim Possible

Bobobie

I kept seeing Sandra Bullock on my Kindle for that movie. I had no idea what it was about, but it was starring Sandra Bullock so naturally it was going to be lame.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I like prequels where the prequel actress is older than the original.
I was just thinking, you know what some of the great classics in literature need? A backstory. Preferably in the form a prequel.

Bobobie

I like prequels where the prequel actress is older than the original.
I was always disappointed that Nurse Ratched didn't have the great rack described in the book, and it doesn't look like this will change with casting of Paulson.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I watched the Last Laugh, which you know... god damn it, Netflix.