God of War 3(PS3); Barlog calls it quits

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Looks like early 2009 should see a new GoW game out without the director of the last one.

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
Yeah I'm kinda lookin foward to this....But in the meantime got plennnnnty of shit to play

krunk

sackboy-licious
Aug 2, 2003
Delco, PA
they should have made GoW 2 for the PS3 and not PS2 then they may have had the launch title to move systems "they" all said wasn't around last year that hurt sales

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
god, this is probably the game i am most looking forward to out of anything on the horizon, the first two were fucking fantastic

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
God of War II was pretty sweet without Jaffe. I'm pretty confident that GoW3 will still be great without Barlog.

Chlorofirm

Aug 26, 2002
cleveland
I've owned God of War II for awhile but picked it up again the other day. I must've poured closed to ten hours into the game in the past two days (which is something I haven't done with any game in a long ass time). I finished it last night and this may be the best game I have ever played. My heart was racing the whole last hour of the game.

(spoilers ahead)
Its corny as hell but Kratos is just so bad ass. I even cheered on as he was beating the shit out of Zeus in the quicktime events at the end of the battle. I can't remember the last time a game got me all riled up like this. I was a little let down when he didn't actually get to kill Zeus though. Hah I was glad when he accidentally stabbed Athena, she was getting annoying. I am so psyched for God of War III, especially with the way this one ended (all the titans climbing up Mt.Olympus).

I thought Heavenly Sword was very well done but after having finished GoWII, the story especially doesn't even come close at all. I love the GoW series because it is so epic.

Now I want to buy a PSP just for Chains of Olympus.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
There's going to be a GoW special edition PSP coming out very soon...

I might upgrade my 1st edition PSP for the new Slim with this package.