Movie Godzilla: King Of Monsters

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
Two pieces of news concerning the sequel to Godzilla:

‘Godzilla 2’ Finds Director in Michael Dougherty

After first being hired to run the “Godzilla” universe writing room, “Krampus” director Michael Dougherty has now been tapped to direct the next installment in the monster movie franchise as well.

When news first broke that Dougherty and his “Krampus” co-writer Zach Shields would be penning the sequel, reports surfaced that Dougherty would also helm the pic, but insiders said then that the deal was only to write the sequel, not direct. After months of work in the writers room, Legendary eventually extended an offer for him to direct as well.

And

Stranger Things’ Millie Bobby Brown to star in Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Legendary has announced today that Stranger Things breakout Millie Bobby Brown is set to star in the upcoming Godzilla: King of the Monsters, the sequel to 2014’s Godzilla. She was recently nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award and People’s Choice Award for her portrayal of “Eleven” in the Netflix series.

Brown is the first cast member to be revealed for the upcoming sequel, which is being written by Michael Dougherty (Trick ‘r Treat, Krampus) and Zach Shields, with Dougherty set to direct.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Krampus was really well directed and had some great atmosphere. It also had somewhat of a throwback feel to it so I think this could be a good fit.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Aug 25, 2002
NYC
This is already a thread.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Vera Farmiga and Kyle Chandler are going to be playing Eleven's parents. That's a pretty solid cast right there.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ie-bobby-browns-mother-godzilla-sequel-978486

FEBRUARY 27, 2017 1:00pm PT by Borys Kit, Mia Galuppo

Vera Farmiga to Play Millie Bobby Brown's Mother in 'Godzilla' Sequel
Vera Farmiga will play the mother of Millie Bobby Brown in the Godzilla sequel, with daddy duty having gone to Kyle Chandler.

Michael Dougherty (Krampus) is directing from a script he wrote with Zach Shields. The Legendary and Warner Bros. feature is the follow-up to Gareth Edwards' 2014 reboot, which earned $529.1 million worldwide.

Plot details are being kept secret, but Chandler, who has already starred in creature features Super 8 and King Kong, is the hero of the pic and plays a scientist.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters is slated for release on March 22, 2019.

Farmiga can currently be seen in the fifth and final season of A&E's Bates Motel, in which she plays the mother of iconic screen villain Norman Bates. It is a role which has earned her an Emmy nomination.

The Oscar-nominated actress, who last year reprised her role of paranormal investigator Lorraine Warren for the horror hit The Conjuring 2, will soon be seen opposite Liam Neeson in Lionsgate's action thriller, The Commuter.
Who would have thought the Godzilla Cinematic Universe would be the first one to really challenge Marvel?

Last edited:

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
I like Vera Farmiga as an actress.

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
Some gabagoooool
My mother made the best gabagool, she was a saint! Always had a smile on her face even when my dad would get angry and slam her head into the refrigerator door.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I really liked this trailer.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
I'm confused, they have to find the big monsters destroying everything to save everyone?

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Maybe the idea was to find them all and kill them all?
She said something about it being the only way to preserve life.

But it seems like she's a nutball who wants to release them to destroy things.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
She said something about it being the only way to preserve life.

But it seems like she's a nutball who wants to release them to destroy things.
I'll give this movie credit if the human villain is an enviro-nut who wants to give the planet back to the monsters. But I don't think they have those sort of balls.

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
I'm confused, they have to find the big monsters destroying everything to save everyone?
Well in the old movies it was "find and wake up the monsters who can fight and destroy the monster that is destroying everything."

So maybe there's bad guy monsters that they haven't shown yet that are causing all the chaos.