Going to Europe.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Doing the whole cliche hipster backpacking thing. Hostel to hostel, all over the place. Starting in London.

Need suggestions on places to go, to see, to experience, food to eat, etc.

Will definitely be making it to Amsterdam, as my birthday will come up while I'm over there and that is where I wish to spend it.

Places I plan on visiting as of now:

-England/Great Britain, as I'm arriving there.
-Amsterdam, of course
-Germany, perhaps Berlin? Want to see if there are any good WW2 museums as I imagine they have good ones.
-France, shortly, only because I wish to visit the Carnac lines. Unless there is someplace else that is interesting. (lol)
-Spain, might go to Barcelona
-Italy, have been using Rosetta Stone to learn the language

Other suggestions would be great.

Anyway, archeological sites? Good places for hiking? Landmarks? Restaurants? Best hostels? Any information would be fantastic. Once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing, need to make the most of it.

Ciao. (ew)

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Dec 6, 2004
Lower Bucks Co, PA
Italy:

Cinque Terre (might wanna check to se how they have recovered from landslides before you go though)
Rome:
coliseum
Galeria Borghese (lots of awesome works by Bernini. gotta book tix in advance)
vatican (because jebus)
Santa Maria della Concezione dei Cappuccini
La Boticella (bar.. lots of young american college students there. also met a cast member from sopranos there),
Trevi Fountain
Pantheon
Castle St Angelo
lots of other stuff. give me a call in the next few weeks and I can go through it all

Florence:
Medici chapel
The david

Venice: to be honest, i wouldn't plan more than a night there. it's really cool, but get's old real quick

Naples: unless you want to see Vesuvius and Pompeii, I would skip it. Whole town is an armpit.

France: Paris is pretty cool. The Champs Elysee is beautiful. Mt St Michel is also pretty interesting, but not really much else in that area from what I remember. The alps are fucking mind blowing. Small towns through the south of France are awesome to stop in.

Germany: Berlin and Dresden are both pretty interesting. Dresden got fucking leveled at the end of WWII, still rebuilding that shit.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Great. Now I'm jealous of Shooter.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Make sure you wear pants to the Vatican or they won't let you in. Don't tell them you are a Wackbagger either.

Interlaken, Switzerland is pretty cool. Try this...
[video=youtube;Z7jDxUk1g7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7jDxUk1g7k[/video]

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Geneva is beautiful

I really want to go see the Reichstag before I die

Only WW2 museum I know of is in London and it's really good. Check it out. There's probably others though.

Oh and:

:action-sm

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I can add Budapest - very beautiful. Amazing food. Still pretty cheap. I think you'll really dig Amsterdam, Shooter.

Tetro

Feb 1, 2010
Man that Switzerland canyoning video looks cool

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Check out Vienna. It's very pretty, and it's impossible not to get laid there. It's full of foreign students from all over Europe.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
When are you going and for how long? Depending on whether or not I pull in some anticipated extra income next month I was thinking about going in June after I graduate college. I talked to a buddy who backpacked for three months around Europe and his biggest advice was to get the monthly rail pass and sleep on the train at night as often as possible to avoid hostel expenses. I think he said you had to buy the rail pass in advance also.

He also said his favorite places were Italy and Switzerland, and if you're of the superior race the girls in Austria will love you. He said his biggest mistake was spending too much time in London and Paris.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
When are you going and for how long? Depending on whether or not I pull in some anticipated extra income next month I was thinking about going in June after I graduate college. I talked to a buddy who backpacked for three months around Europe and his biggest advice was to get the monthly rail pass and sleep on the train at night as often as possible to avoid hostel expenses. I think he said you had to buy the rail pass in advance also.

He also said his favorite places were Italy and Switzerland, and if you're of the superior race the girls in Austria will love you. He said his biggest mistake was spending too much time in London and Paris.
I will be leaving at the end of the month, will be there for three months. Basically all Spring, March-May

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Save every shitty used condom for your best ever sig picture. :icon_mrgr

Jan 6, 2006
Have fun.

Slovakia and Hungary are worth a visit too. They love American dollars there.

Dikbag

Dec 11, 2004
NW Ohio
I fuckin envy you shootr. I wish I had never got married or had a kid. I make enough money and get enough vacation that I could be traveling all over every year. It's just an impossibility at this point in my life. I wonder what my wife would say if I wanted to go see Europe without her, which is the only way I'd go b/c it would be an annoying bummer with her.Fuck me. Have fun!