good luck, bro (oink.cd torrent site shut down)

wasp

my farts stink
Mar 2, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
http://crunchgear.com/2007/10/23/police-shut-down-oink-bittorrent-site/

Police raided and shut down the OiNK BitTorrent site earlier today after a two-year investigation, shocking users across the BT community. Additionally, the 24-year-old man who ran the site was arrested. Good luck, bro.

I really love this quote by one of the anti-piracy guys that make OiNK users sound like war criminals:

OiNK was central to the illegal distribution of pre-release music online. This was not a case of friends sharing music for pleasure. This was a worldwide network that got hold of music they did not own the rights to and posted it online.

What a paranoid industry, thinking everyone’s out to get them.

Well it was fun while it lasted. The thing that always amused me on OiNK was how so many people wanted you to keep it a “secret.” “Don’t tell anyone about us, we want to stay under the radar.” I should hope these people didn’t think the authorities were oblivious to the site’s existence. That would be stupid.

Music piracy Web site closed after UK, Dutch raids [Reuters]
i didn't write it but the good luck, bro caught my eye and i had a chuckle. sucks though, i'm sure i'm not the only one here to have used oink.

Dec 3, 2005
Mine had just been deleted to my ratio.

Aug 24, 2004
Philly
Typical jackasses not getting anything right in the article. It wasnt a paysite you shitdicks, people could pay if they wanted to help out with server costs. Ive even read one article that said it was an "EXTREMELY LUCRATIVE SCHEME"... No, you cunts, thats iTunes.

This fuckin sucks, but Im sure soon enough, something else like it will be brought up.

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006
jersey
"Good luck, bro." was actually written in the blog post? Fan of the show?

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Goddamn it. I was just starting to really build my ratio up there too. I wondered why it was down when I tried to check it out this morning. That really sucks.

wasp

my farts stink
Mar 2, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
"Good luck, bro." was actually written in the blog post? Fan of the show?
i was thinking the same thing, thats why i posted it, who knows though.

Goddamn it. I was just starting to really build my ratio up there too. I wondered why it was down when I tried to check it out this morning. That really sucks.
no kidding i was really close to getting some invites.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
This site has been closed as a result of a criminal investigation by IFPI, BPI,
Cleveland Police and the Fiscal Investigation Unit of the Dutch Police (FIOD ECD) into
suspected illegal music distribution.

A criminal investigation continues into the identities and activities of the site's
users
Sounds like they're trying to scare any users of the site as well.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I'm never sure how to react to this, a part of me is like who gives a fuck nothing is going to happen, the other part is like, well I have uploaded and downloaded a Ton of shit and I freak out a little.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Oink interview...
http://dot-slash-csc.iblogger.org/oinkfaq.html

- Did you anticipate a raid in the past? Did you take any precautions regarding site design and logs and whatnot to protect the community?

- The logs we store aren't enough to inciminate users.

I like that.
I am dissapointed that I did nothing but Upload in order to download a lot stuff later.
I uploaded about 30 Gigs and only downloaded about 5 Gigs.
I assumed I was going to "get" about 120Gigs and still have an "acceptable ratio"
I guess down the tube.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Oink interview...
http://dot-slash-csc.iblogger.org/oinkfaq.html

- Did you anticipate a raid in the past? Did you take any precautions regarding site design and logs and whatnot to protect the community?

- The logs we store aren't enough to inciminate users.

I like that.
I am dissapointed that I did nothing but Upload in order to download a lot stuff later.
I uploaded about 30 Gigs and only downloaded about 5 Gigs.
I assumed I was going to "get" about 120Gigs and still have an "acceptable ratio"
I guess down the tube.
That link just redirects me to Google for some reason.

Dec 3, 2005
Supposedly Demonoid. I havn't been invited so I'm not sure.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
On a scale of 1-10, Demonoid is a 1... Oink was a 10.
Maybe it'll get much better now, as everyone looks for a new place.

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
On a scale of 1-10, Demonoid is a 1... Oink was a 10.
Maybe it'll get much better now, as everyone looks for a new place.

I agree to a point.....Oink was amazing for music.....But 95% of the time I can find what I want on demonoid....

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
And another reason demonid rulez....just finished dl'ing a pristine copy of american gangsta which I will be watching later....

damn is this even out

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I basically use Oink for newer live music, stuff that the band puts out.
"Instant Live" where they'll sell the show after that show things like that. Phish, Allman Brothers, Panic, YMSB, etc...
That kind of stuff isn't really on Demoniod.

BostonJohn

New Wackbag
Oct 17, 2007
the best sites around by far are http://tunebully.com and http://mininova.com tunebully is a close community but very cool to new people and mininova is just huge, you can find everything there, but i spend most of my time at tunebully unless they don't have what i'm looking for, oh yeah, you can request stuff and people usually fill the requests in a day or 2. that's my 2 cents.

BostonJohn

New Wackbag
Oct 17, 2007
i meant you can request stuff at tunebully and it usually gets filled quickly.

BostonJohn

New Wackbag
Oct 17, 2007
its retarded to keep adding stuff but, i don't know demonoid because you need an invite to join, ppl say its the best but i don't know, as far as sites you can join(tunebully) or sites you don't need to join(mininova.com), those are the best, i think

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
I'm gonna check out tunebully. Demonoid seems good for movies and stuff, but I don't like the way it's setup for music.

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I think Demoniod Stinks.
It's got no really limited live releases, I don't know.

I got an email about
http://waffles.fm/
from Oink!

Who has my Waffles Invite?