Good Ole' Uncle Ted: SS looking into Nugent's violent anti-Obama rant

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
By Lee-Anne Goodman, The Canadian Press | The Canadian Press – 50 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - The U.S. Secret Service is investigating faded '70s rock star Ted Nugent for his recent insistence he'll be "dead or in jail" in a year's time if President Barack Obama is re-elected in November.

At a convention of the National Rifle Association over the weekend, the longtime gun advocate compared Obama and the Democrats to a coyote who should be shot.
"It isn't the enemy that ruined America," he said as he reaffirmed his endorsement of Republican front-runner Mitt Romney.

"It's good people who bent over and let the enemy in. If the coyote's in your living room pissing on your couch, it's not the coyote's fault. It's your fault for not shooting him."
He accused the Obama administration of being "evil" and "America-hating."

"If Barack Obama becomes the president in November again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year," he said angrily. "We need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November."
He then told his audience of proud gun-owners that if they failed to "clean house in this vile, evil, America-hating administration, I don't even know what you're made out of."

The Secret Service says it's aware of the weekend remarks and is looking into them. It's illegal in the United States to threaten the commander-in-chief.

The Romney campaign, meantime, attempted to distance itself from Nugent on Tuesday, undoubtedly regretting the former Massachusetts governor's comments last month to a Missouri radio show: "It's been fun getting to know Ted Nugent."

"Divisive language is offensive no matter what side of the political aisle it comes from," Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul said in an email to reporters. "Mitt Romney believes everyone needs to be civil."

Romney sought, and secured, the endorsement last month of the rock guitarist from his native state of Michigan. It was a curious move by Romney given he'd already won the Michigan primary in February.
The Democratic National Committee called on Romney to strongly condemn the remarks by Nugent, best known for his late '70s hit "Cat Scratch Fever."

"Threatening violence — or whatever it is that Nugent's threatening — is clearly beyond the pale, but Nugent's not the one running for president," said DNC chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
At the daily White House press briefing on Tuesday, spokesman Jay Carney wouldn't comment on Nugent's remarks.

"We can't be policing the statement of supporters across the board. The president is focused on the issues," he said.

Nugent, however, was unapologetic, telling conservative radio host Dana Loesch that his incendiary remarks were "100 per cent positive."

"I will stand by my speech," he said, adding he'd been unfairly targeted for his comments.

"I'm a black Jew at a Nazi-Klan rally. And there are some power-abusing, corrupt monsters in our federal government that despise me because I have the audacity to speak the truth."
He then upped the ante by heaping more scorn on Democrats, describing Wasserman Schultz as a "brain-dead, soulless, heartless idiot."

Nancy Pelosi, minority leader for the House of Representatives, he added, is a "sub-human scoundrel."

Nugent also claimed the generally mild-mannered Romney agreed with his remarks.
"Mitt Romney knows what I'm saying is true. He puts it into words for him, I put it into words for me," he said.
I guess Ted doesn't know much about Romney since he is inviting the same coyote's in to piss on his couch, if he supports Romney.

Sunsetspawn

Dec 5, 2005
What a lucky fella! Uncle Ted just won a free trip in the back of a black SUV.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Anyone who still thinks it is still acceptable to say shit like that about Presidents and Presidential candidates is just stupid. I'm not saying I agree that it shouldn't be acceptable, but the fact is it isn't, and someone like him should know that.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
I see Romney's attracting only the best and brightest to endorse his campaign.

On that note can't wait to hear who the drummer from Flock of Seagulls is voting for.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I see Romney's attracting only the best and brightest to endorse his campaign.

On that note can't wait to hear who the drummer from Flock of Seagulls is voting for.
Yeah, who does shit like that? Just lean on celebrities whose opinions don't even matter just for some cheap popularity?

I can do this all night. :icon_cool

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Anyone who still thinks it is still acceptable to say shit like that about Presidents and Presidential candidates is just stupid. I'm not saying I agree that it shouldn't be acceptable, but the fact is it isn't, and someone like him should know that.
I don't give a shit about the morality of it; it's just a stupid thing to do.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
How many of those celebs threatened to kill Bush?
First of all, that's not exactly what he said, and second, you really wanna go down the route of pro-Obama celebrities saying inappropriate things about politicians, namely GWB and Sarah Palin? Really???

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Apparently libs don't understand English. I'm pretty sure Ted was saying the regime was going to kill him, not vice versa.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
First of all, that's not exactly what he said, and second, you really wanna go down the route of pro-Obama celebrities saying inappropriate things about politicians, namely GWB and Sarah Palin? Really???
Who said anything about Sarah Palin?????? Should we start making a list of people who wanted to kill LBJ while we are at it :huh:

Apparently libs don't understand English. I'm pretty sure Ted was saying the regime was going to kill him, not vice versa.
So he's even more delusional then we thought, gotcha!

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Who said anything about Sarah Palin?????? Should we start making a list of people who wanted to kill LBJ while we are at it :huh:
I just went with the two most obvious targets of inappropriate comments by Obamabot celebrities. Probably because they don't know the names of too many other politicians.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
I just went with the two most obvious targets of inappropriate comments by Obamabot celebrities. Probably because they don't know the names of too many other politicians.
OK, I just figured it was your secret dog whistle comment to make sure Don made his way over here to begin white knighting his Tea Party Queen from all critics :icon_cool

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Rage said much worse things about Bush. SS investigated it and nothing happened. The same will happen with Ted.
Looking into it probably means filling out a form. So you're probably right. The SS isn't the thing to watch here. They just do their job and bang hookers. Watch the media go nuts while defending their guys who say worse things.