Good underrated/lesser-known games

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
List a few and I guess say what ya like about them.

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
project sylpheed on the 360 was pretty good. i hadn't played a traditional shooter in probably 10 years. it was a good playthrough, short, but worth the 30-40 bucks it cost, pretty good for a 3d shooter, especially since the genre isnt that popular anymore. though its pretty well known warhawk is still ridiculously underrated, i still say its the best game unique to the ps3. theres not much that isnt too well known these days, the console war has overhyped the shit out of so many games

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Folklore for the PS3 is extremely underrated. The shitty press this game got on the review sites made me avoid it (expect IGN praised it with a 9.0+ review), but I decided to give it a shot when I saw it on sale last month.

But you might want to wait until the DualShock 3 controller comes out before getting it. All the boss fights combine various forms of motion control and rumble together for some really cool battles.

Ego

I was thinking more of PC games pre-2006, but this stuff is good to know too.

Psychonauts - most underrated PC game ever. Seems like a little kids game for the first 10 minutes then all of the sudden people are killing squirrels with their minds :D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md_8uDtbffQ[/media]

and 1 more... the only game ever good based on a movie: chronicles of riddick: escape from butcher bay - pretty cool kinda like splinter cell/prison break mix.

I was thinking more of PC games pre-2006, but this stuff is good to know too.
Swat 4.. came out in 2005, my favorite FPS since the original Unreal Tournament. It's just so realistic and above average graphics which don't have insane requirements. It's mostly close quarters play, and the single player is pretty easy if you just have your team do all of the dirty work, but the game really thrives in multiplayer.. specifically "smash & grab" in the expansion pack. Check it out if you enjoy CounterStrike, Rainbow Six, and to a lesser extent CoD and UT.

IGN review - 9/10
GameSpy review - 4.5/5

Random video:
[yt]4SGwPNEQyWA[/yt]

justifyyourgarb

You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.
I'm not sure if this really counts, but Conkers Bad Fur Day, any format. I used to play the shit out of that game on Nintendo 64, and I think they put it out on XBox, too.
I don't know how popular or well known it is.

Ego

I have that on an emulator. Conker rules!

ICO for PS2 was a great, simple game that is one of my favorites. Even the developer's next game Shadow of the shadow of the colossus wasn't a big success that everyone played it.

And to go old school, Soul Blazer for SNES was a great zelda type game that was an assload of fun.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Interstate 76 from around 1997 was fantastic. I have been hoping for a remake. It had pretty good graphics I guess but the soundtrack was perfect with its 70's style original music. The story was sort of a disco, Road Warrior theme where you were trying to keep gang members from stealing gas by driving a Mustang like car with rocket launchers and machine guns. I'm not selling it at all but the game was great in multiplayer.

Stig

Making America So Great You Won't Believe It.
full throttle by lucasarts fucking owns!!!
Speaking of Lucas, if they came out with an updated version of Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, that would totally fucking rule.

ruckstande

Speaking of LucasArts, another great game that no one played was Armed and Dangerous

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=HO-I4bnqwVw[/media]
Shark Gun

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=5TpNo6cY2KQ[/media]
Intro

Plunkies

Swat 4.. came out in 2005, my favorite FPS since the original Unreal Tournament. It's just so realistic and above average graphics which don't have insane requirements. It's mostly close quarters play, and the single player is pretty easy if you just have your team do all of the dirty work, but the game really thrives in multiplayer.. specifically "smash & grab" in the expansion pack. Check it out if you enjoy CounterStrike, Rainbow Six, and to a lesser extent CoD and UT.
I wouldn't consider it lesser-known but damn that was such a great game. I wouldn't call the single-player easy either, not how I remember anyway. I played on the harder difficulties where you couldn't just run around and blast everyone with the pepper gun or beanbags and expect them to not shoot at you. Nothing quite like screaming at a guy with your mp5's light pointed at his face while he sits there and ponders whether he's going to give up or try to take you down with him. Most suspenseful game ever, easily. Nothing even comes close.

WaddleDoodle

Creepy? We're the CIA. It's what we do.
Marathon, Marathon2: Durandal, or Marathon Infinity. By Bungie

Mid-90s, yeah, but they have a great storyline. I still play them to this day, and the best part is that they are now free and open source.

Dark Reyule

Heaven is a nice book and Bea Arthur's vagina.
Armed and Dangerous, nice.

I really liked Earth Defense Force 2017 for the 360, a very, simple and underrated game.

Sorry for the non-PC game

blee

Will Drink Today
Beyond Good and Evil. This game was great and I really wish that they would make a sequel but since the sales were not good it will not happen. Armed and Dangerous was a fun game too. I loved the shark gun.

ruckstande

Beyond Good and Evil. This game was great and I really wish that they would make a sequel but since the sales were not good it will not happen. Armed and Dangerous was a fun game too. I loved the shark gun.
Beyond Good and Evil was great. I just threw that in not too long ago. I remember buying that I think the 2nd day it was out and it had already dropped $30.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Alice...a dark alice in Wonderland game I liked..also any of the Mech Warrior...
And I loved Armed and Dangerous...
had to be said..Zork series

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
My favorite game this year is the witcher, how often do you get a game with tons of ****, suicide, killing your family in their sleep, murder, burning witches, hookers, racists a plenty, misogyny and more loose women then you can shake a stick at. The story is possibly the best I have ever come across in any game. Fucking dark as hell with only a very little flaws that are so easily over looked.

Also the game play is really fun too.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.

I believe ZAG has the video.... This is a mans game kids.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Is it just me? or is that real scrotal tissue emerging from that busted ball?