Goodbye, Fourth Amendment...

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Ummmm, they're asking to be let in. Personally, I wouldn't let them in, I'd search the little bastard's room myself and If I found an illegal firearm, I'd shoot him in the foot with it when he got home. This program doesn't change or violate any existing laws. Any resident of a dwelling can allow the police into the dwelling if the police ask to be let in. If they are not allowed in, they go get a warrant. I'm pretty sure if you have an "adult" child, they could let the cops in to search your room too.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
yea i hate to say it, but refusal for consent to search is considered probable cause in some circles

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Considering the neighborhood is most likely a "lower income" one, the residents aren't the most educated, IMO. A lot of people consent without a true understanding of the consequences, which can lead to an arrest.

Just say NO! And parent your children, if your kid is involved with some shady shit, kick his/her ass.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
This is an ok program. The parent is giving their consent and they are the ones who own the residence. It follows good search and seizure practices.

However, it makes me sad that there are some people that need the government to do the job that they should be doing themselves.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
i would toss my kids room in about 20secs if i thought he was up to something, then he would have a cot, and an open rack of clothes and thats it.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
i would toss my kids room in about 20secs if i thought he was up to something, then he would have a cot, and an open rack of clothes and thats it.
You mean your kid? The one who's got half his chromosomes from you?? Oh He'll be up to something allright. :)

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
I remember Clinton tried to force people living in Housing Projects to basically the same thing, allowing "sweeps" for drugs/guns or else you'll be kicked out into the street.

The courts ruled it unconstitutional. I see the same thing happening with this shitty idea. If they suspect someone of criminal activity, build a case and get a signed warrant to search.

There is never a good reason to toss peoples civil rights out under the guise of "public" safety, IMO. No matter how poor they are, or how much crime occurs in their neighborhood.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
I remember Clinton tried to force people living in Housing Projects to basically the same thing, allowing "sweeps" for drugs/guns or else you'll be kicked out into the street.

The courts ruled it unconstitutional. I see the same thing happening with this shitty idea. If they suspect someone of criminal activity, build a case and get a signed warrant to search.

There is never a good reason to toss peoples civil rights out under the guise of "public" safety, IMO. No matter how poor they are, or how much crime occurs in their neighborhood.
I agree with you for the most part. But remember that no one is forcing these people to concede to the search. The cops are asking for their permission to enter the dwellings.

Now, you can make a pretty good argument that poor, uneducated people don't realize that they can tell the cops to go screw but that really isn't the cop’s fault.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Most people are usually emotionally overwhelmed when three police officers show up at their front door asking them to consent to a search their homes.

Also, due to the dumbing down of the educational system they fail to realize that any "illegal" items seized will be used against them or their children.

It stinks and needs to be flushed before it's even started. If the savages want to keep killing each other, let them.

NortonsHeiny

Ronnie B Rocks my Fat Ass
Nov 14, 2005
New Jersey
Pc

This sounds as if they are not randomly going to houses looking for a gun they are going to homes of those they suspect haves guns which would lead me to believe there has been some sort of invest already and have probable cause to ask. To ask you need only reasonable suspicion. The program might be compared to the turn in your gun program where you can bring your unregistered firearms to a turn in station and not be charged criminally. Many parents would prefer just turning a gun over free of charge so to speak. It might be a better idea then the kid getting caught on the street which could end up getting the kid killed.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
TITLE 18--CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

PART I--CRIMES

CHAPTER 13--CIVIL RIGHTS

Sec. 242. Deprivation of rights under color of law

Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or
custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory,
Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights,
privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or
laws of the United States, or to different punishments, pains, or
penalties, on account of such person being an alien, or by reason of his
color, or race, than are prescribed for the punishment of citizens,
shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or
both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation
of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or
threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be
fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both;
and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this
section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap,
aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual
abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or
imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be
sentenced to death.
Just a refresher for some of you less informed people.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
Maybe they can hand out metal detector wands to parents instead.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
See what parents need to do(and I got this idea from Bill Cosby), is treat their kids like inmates. Remember they are not paying rent for that room. So once in a while you make them stand in the hallway, while you toss their room, just like they do in prison.

Smokezilla

U. S. Backstroke Roulette Champion
Jul 30, 2005
BumFuck-Egypt, KY
Is there anything anymore shameful, not only as a parent, but as a citizen that the cops have to come into your house and do something about YOUR kid because you've failed SO badly in raising them? I'd kill the kid and then off-myself.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
You mean your kid? The one who's got half his chromosomes from you?? Oh He'll be up to something allright. :)
trust me, im always on the look out.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
mine is just the opposite, either my parents ignored all the shit i did or i really fooled them, my kids a fucking idiot and gets caught all the time because he's lazy

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
As a gun lover and big support or our right to bear arms, I see nothing wrong here. The police are asking for permission and getting it before they come in. It's a legal search, the weapons are illegal and they are not even busting the kids for having the guns unless it's connected to another crime. They are doing LESS then they can under the law, not even approaching the line of breaking the constitution. If these idiots are so uneducated that they don't know their basic rights, then screw 'em.

Sounds like a solid program, it should be more widespread.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
As a gun lover and big support or our right to bear arms, I see nothing wrong here. The police are asking for permission and getting it before they come in. It's a legal search, the weapons are illegal and they are not even busting the kids for having the guns unless it's connected to another crime. They are doing LESS then they can under the law, not even approaching the line of breaking the constitution. If these idiots are so uneducated that they don't know their basic rights, then screw 'em.

Sounds like a solid program, it should be more widespread.
What he said.

How does this hurt? The good cops are going to follow the letter of the law when they do these searches. The bad ones will find a way to fuck with you anyway.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
TITLE 18--CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

PART I--CRIMES

CHAPTER 13--CIVIL RIGHTS

Sec. 242. Deprivation of rights under color of law

Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or
custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory,
Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights,
privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or
laws of the United States, or to different punishments, pains, or
penalties, on account of such person being an alien, or by reason of his
color, or race, than are prescribed for the punishment of citizens,
shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or
both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation
of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or
threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be
fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both;
and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this
section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap,
aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual
abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or
imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be
sentenced to death.
Just a refresher for some of you less informed people.
I think we're all pretty much informed and I for one don't see where Title 18 has anything to do with the situation at hand..the cops in this case aren't depriving anyone of their rights. They're knocking on a door and asking if they could search the house because they have reason to believe that there might be illegal guns in the house. People in the ghettos are far from ignorant when it comes to the cops. Whether there are 10 cops or 1 on their front door, they're not going to let them in unless they really want to do so. The ones who are trying to raise their children to be more than savages (there are a handful out there) will allow the cops access to the kid's room and wherever else the cops want to check.

If more parents were responsible for their kids, the cops wouldn't need to do this.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Even low-life criminals have rights. Granted, the parents should be beating some respect for others into their children, but we know it's a cultural thing to pack heat and shoot at anyone who "disrespects" you.

It's an awful abuse of Civil Rights, IMO. How soon till they say you'll need permission to have a blog or some other silly infringement on your G-d given libertys?

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Mar 3, 2005
California
It's an awful abuse of Civil Rights, IMO. How soon till they say you'll need permission to have a blog or some other silly infringement on your G-d given libertys?
Yes, becuase "G-d" cleary commanded us never to allow our police officers to request voluntary searches of your home.

How is this a violation of civil liberties? :huh:

This country is fucking doomed. On all fronts. Everyone's gone ape shit.

The cops are completely in the right here. If you care at all about your rights, go to a library. Read a book. Go online. It's not hard to find this shit out. If your so ignorant that you think you have to do everything a police officer tells you to, there's no helping you. You've violated your own liberties.