Google Earth or Virtual Earth Your Home

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Google Earth Offers maps and satellite images for complex or pinpointed regional searches.Downloads - earth.google.com/download-earth.html

[SIZE=-1]Santa Tracker and Toy Hunt - earth.google.com/santa/
Products - earth.google.com/products.html
View 3D Buildings - earth.google.com/3d.html[/SIZE]

Microsoft® Virtual Earth[SIZE=-1]
Innovation depicts the Virtual Earth platform representing an evolution of the MapPoint Web Service with exciting new capabilities.[/SIZE]
Live Local Search

Check out to see where you live.

Dani75

I hate stupid people...
WOW, I hadn't seen the microsoft one! Much better quality and newer pics than google earth. I can see my car in the driveway!

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Microsoft's image quality is about the same as Google for my neighborhood. Only real discerning feature I can pick out that lets me know it's my house is our curved walkway leading from our front door to our driveway. They have better maps of some areas than others.

circpro

No Complaints here
Dirt looks crisp on both...

T

Thinman

I would like to say, on the record... Fuck Google. These communist sympathizers have extremely high resolution images of every federal (military specific) facility I can think of. Not that it's not cool to look at, but it kinda shows their priorities when you can zoom in to a somewhat alarming resolution on some very up to date photos of places in the middle of BFE.

One place in particular that I worked at once has pictures that are less than 2 years old (I know, because the new parking lot is there).

Look at Groom lake (area 51) north of Las Vegas, for example. It's a pretty famous place so I picked that as a starting point. Google has some very detailed pics while microsoft does not. The same goes for almost all the major test bases and ranges in Nevada. Where the federal land ends and the open desert or range begins, it goes low res.

I doubt very seriously that China is using Google Earth to spy on our facilities, but you can go to any major military installation, Plant 42, Edwards AFB, Camp Pendleton, any of the Army bases, some listening and radar sites in Alaska; they are all in high res detail on Google for any of these fuckweed 'home grown' terrorists to recon on for a car bomb, etc.

Fuck Google. There is no reason for that kind of res on those places. It would be one thing if the whole country was at that resolution but it isn't. This shit clearly displays their intent and priorities. I havent checked out the nuke plants yet because I still have a lot of military stuff to look at. I'm fucking furious.

This coupled with the fact that they helped the 'state' arrest and convict several Chinese dissidents in the last few years really makes me want to brand these assholes across their eyelids.

FUCK GOOGLE. :fu:

Syntax

This shit clearly displays their intent and priorities. QUOTE]

I definitely think it shows their priorities (if by that you mean that they dont care about giving away important information to dangerous people). But i dont know what you mean by 'intent'. Does google intend to provide this information to dangerous people?

They are a publicly traded company in the US. They wouldn't want any type of terrorist activity to go down with their help.

I agree on the priority though :D

T

Thinman

This shit clearly displays their intent and priorities.
But i dont know what you mean by 'intent'. Does google intend to provide this information to dangerous people?
I honestly think they have a malicious intent towards at least our government but maybe not the country or American people in general. The work that went into getting such high resolution images of US bases at home and abroad (the abroad part sickens me) is somewhat astounding. I kept searching, end after a few hours I found that EVERY major installation listed on the DoD site was high res, to include the bombing ranges and every base in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. The only one I haven't checked yet is Diego Garcia because frankly an attack on that place would be pretty hard to pull off.

There are many places that I would say have a medium sized population that don't have near the resolution that the federal lands were given. Nobody that uses these facilities needs Google to find their way around. I can't think of any reason why these would be given special attention except to say 'fuck you' to the U.S. government or the U.S. military. That is how I would define the intent in it's most benign form.

I would say that sheer curiosity could explain some of it, but some of the places I found using the Google tool are pretty much unknown unless you do some heavy research or have been there before. You would have to consciously decide to expose those places, there is no doubt in my mind. Some of the places aren't even on the FAS site, to find any info about them on the web you have to dig into DoD public sites to see command info, etc. to even realize such a place exists. The info is out there, it's not classified by any means (I hope) but it's low key and damned hard to come by.

T

Thinman

Google doesnt even take the images. They aquire them through Navteq. So blame them.

http://www.navteq.com/
I did not know that, and I do. At least partially. Google has a history of being a fucko company when it comes to supporting communist regimes, so I'm super biased against them.

Joe Avezzano

I doubt very seriously that China is using Google Earth to spy on our facilities, but you can go to any major military installation, Plant 42, Edwards AFB, Camp Pendleton, any of the Army bases, some listening and radar sites in Alaska; they are all in high res detail on Google for any of these fuckweed 'home grown' terrorists to recon on for a car bomb, etc.
I agree totally. You can be sure that the Chinese satellite images would show things a lot more shocking than some guy peeing on a bike along the road. They don't need google earth, but some local asshole with a truck full of fertilizer, or a bunch of sleeper cells could sure make good use of these high res images.

There's just some shit that the public doesn't need to see, and some shit that the news doesn't need to be blabbing about just because they have the info.

way outdated (but detailed) images. The house I am in now, and my parents place... extensive landscaping has been done and isnt there, as well a house I lived in that was torn down 2 yrs ago is still standing in the images. Would doubt any nefarious schemes are being based on this... it is definately "stale intel" (but seriously cool)