OpieRadio Logo
Anthony Cumia Show Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Google Heretic

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Atomic Fireball, Aug 8, 2017.

1. MrAbovePar

MrAbovePar En Taro Anthony

It's interesting that this dude didn't seem to make any attempt to go on major media to state his case but instead sought out Stefan Molyneux and Jordan Peterson to discuss his firing.

He knows the major press will not present his story accurately.

domelogic likes this.
  2. Floyd1977

Floyd1977 Registered User

Could have went to Fox News. They seem sympathetic to his situation.

3. Voodoo Ben

Voodoo Ben Tanaka Thai Kick!

4. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

I made the mistake of starting to listen to NPR radio, and oh man, the salt that flows out of there is amazing. They bare all basically saying "he's a monster and diserved every bit of the shit he has been getting"

MrAbovePar likes this.
  5. Floyd1977

Google probably didn't count on this story growing some legs and didn't count on even more than that they would get negative PR from it. Now in the grand scheme of things this is merely a pebble hitting a windshield for Google but this guy's only hope is that Google throws him a few bucks to avoid the hassle of litigation and to kill this story. This guy isn't winning in court despite what this labor law talkin guy says. His lawyer isn't going to be able to defeat Google's phalanx of lawyers. And he'll be smeared more than shit on a clump of Charmin. The threat to sue is just this guy throwing his hook into the water.

THE FEZ MAN likes this.
  6. Floyd1977

And they say conservatives have a stranglehold over talk radio. But in the not too distant future, Rush's ticker is going to detonate and NPR will remain.

THE FEZ MAN and MrAbovePar like this.
  7. Chip Spackler

Chip Spackler Patron Saint of Autists
    Donator

This may have been mentioned already, but I love how left-leaning news outlets refer to his opinion piece as a 'manifesto'. Like he's some sort of terrorist.

8. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

He's going to get a payday to go away. Google's biggest asset is having talented people work for them. If they can't attract the best employees, they'll turn into Yahoo.

9. THE FEZ MAN

My XM won't work in my truck anymore, so, I have been listening to it, the music stations just bore me, honestly so far in about two or thre months of listening I haven't heard one "conservative" view, it's a constant stream of "evil trump" "racists" "sexist" "equality"

10. Floyd1977

Yep, and it's just another example of the left bitching that they only control a lean 85% of the media as opposed to 100%. Rush and maybe Michael Savage get good ratings because they're one of the few games in town for conservatives while Air America (and what balls to call themselves that) tanks miserably because the world needs another obnoxious liberal outlet about as much as Michael Moore needs another basket of chili cheese fries. Then they say "what are you conservatives complaining about, you have talk radio" while seeming to forget they have a little thing called NPR.

#60 Floyd1977, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    THE FEZ MAN likes this.
  11. THE FEZ MAN

The most conservative thing I listen to is Anthony's network, I can't stand rush or Alex Jones I would just for once like to hear someone disagreeing with them, now they do get callers but they are always dismissed as idiots or "ist"
    The other day even the sports guy was going on a rant about sexism in pro football... it was mind boggling to listen to

Floyd1977 likes this.
  12. domelogic

domelogic Registered User

I am leaning towards not getting anything. Google has waited this out so far and it already has died down quite a bit. The msm will help them out. I hope he does get paid though

13. Floyd1977

Not to mention that what happened in Charlottesville yesterday effectively killed whatever remnants of this story were still lingering.

THE FEZ MAN likes this.
  14. Stig

Stig America's Most Beloved Entertainer

I read the incendiary Manifesto. It's neither.
    Unfortunately for this guy, I think he's in an at-will employment State and they don't need an excuse to fire you. New Hampshire is the same way.

15. Hog's Big Ben

Hog's Big Ben Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
    Donator

He didn't do that. He posted his memo manifesto on an internal board. Everyone else spread it around.

Not that it matters. He was fired for some Google code of conduct bullshit, which I can only imagine covers all sorts of nefarious deeds.

16. Floyd1977

Google code of conduct, just like any other company, is whatever the hell they want it to be at any given time.

I remember reading in the news that one of the big Wall Street banks forbade employees for voting for Trump because they claimed it violated some obscure conflict of interest policy they had (I may not have this exactly right, but it was something close to that effect)

17. Hog's Big Ben

Hog's Big Ben Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
    Donator

Was it Goldman Sachs banning employees from donating to Trump? Because that's how all the headlines were worded, even though their actual statement made it sound like they weren't allowed to donate to any political campaign.

18. Floyd1977

I said voting, but yeah I believe it was donating. I forget how the whole thing was worded but the implication was that it was inspokenly directed at Trump

I don't know what they had against making more money.

19. Floyd1977

20. DR. Jimcy M.E.

DR. Jimcy M.E. Stupid Disciple

I just heard Jordan Peterson actually offered to debate the diversity department head of google. They of course wont respond.

21. Floyd1977

Of course not.

Also I was wondering if there was any footage or any transcript out there of Shaun King ever being interviewed or in a debate.