Google searches lead to 'Terror' squad questioning of family

May 24, 2004
Queens, NY
Pay close attention to the government's story andhow it contrasts to the story of the individual who wrote the blog:
Aug 1, 10:17 PM EDT
NY man questioned for computer search history

NEW YORK (AP) -- A former employee of a New York computer company was questioned after his workplace computer search history revealed inquiries for "pressure cooker bombs" and "backpacks," but no criminality was determined, the Suffolk County Police Department said in a statement Thursday.

Authorities have said the bombs used at the Boston Marathon in April, which killed three people and wounded more than 260, involved pressure cookers placed in backpacks.

The man was questioned after detectives from the department's intelligence unit received a tip from a Long Island-based computer company claiming the recently released employee's computer had suspicious searches, the police said. After interviewing company representatives, they questioned the man at his home where they determined there was no criminality.

The police issued their statement after receiving numerous media inquiries in response to a blog post written Thursday by a woman writing under the name Michele Catalano.

Catalano, who did not return multiple requests for comment, speculated in her post that her husband had been interviewed Wednesday by "six agents from the joint terrorism task force" because of the family's search history on Google.

She wrote that her husband had researched buying backpacks and she had researched pressure cookers. She writes, also, that her "curious news junkie of a twenty-year-old son" may have read a news story about how instructions to make pressure cooker bombs are available online.

Her husband answered the officers' questions and her son was asleep when they were at the home, she wrote. She said in the post she does not own a pressure cooker, but does have a rice cooker to make quinoa.

Catalano took to the Internet on Thursday night, writing in a new blog post that she wrote her original piece without knowing police had been tipped off about her husband's search history at his former job.
Catalano's contradictory post: https://medium.com/something-like-falling/2e7d13e54724

Avoid shit like this by using the Tor browser and a search engine that doesn't store what you search: https://s3.amazonaws.com/sm-cdn/reports/NSA-Black-Paper.pdf

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
They never asked to see the computers on which the searches were done.
Why would they, The Plague already has access to them.

Last edited:

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
Well if they're monitoring google searches just wait til they hit this site! :action-sm

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
I ought to be safe for now. No way to make a bomb out of HP printer firmware and lesbian stepmoms.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
"Mr. Biv, you seem to have a high number of searches for "pigs" and "jailbait." What, exactly, are you into?"

"No, Wait....those don't go together..."

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
So much for Google protecting the privacy of their customers.
Again: the tip came from the company that recently fired the guy. The government wasn't monitoring him, his employer was monitoring his work computer. Probably because he was using it for something other than working. Hence, getting fired.

At that point, the Police has to follow up on the tip. They can't just ignore a formal complaint, from a business, about a recently fired employee researching ways to blow shit up.

jrsaint

Feb 13, 2006
right behind you
So typing in something like blowing up jet planes with kids on their way to a make a wish Obama was on it too might get a visit from the soon to be dead federal agents who enter my house while I am at a RC Sunday mass deep dicking the 9 yr old Alter girl just like Mohammad did Aisha before going on a shooting rampage at the US Capital during the state of the union address by Joe (God, give him Brain cancer) Biden, might cause the government to come to my house. Wackbag mods, don't give them my password or info. stand up to those fag government agents and scream ATTICA, ATTICA.

jrsaint

Feb 13, 2006
right behind you
oh , I forgot, BOMB, BOMB BOMB, Terrorists attacks and how to do them on US soil and blame the muzzies. Kill a congressman monday at 720