GOP consultant charged with 8 felonies in election fraud case

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
GOP consultant charged with 8 felonies in election fraud case

Colin Small's mug shot from Rockingham County Sheriff's Office

Here's the press release from Rockingham County Sheriff Bryan F. Hutcheson:
PRESS RELEASE:
October 18, 2012

The Rockingham County Sheriff’s Office has made an arrest in the investigation of voter registration fraud that began on the afternoon of October 15th when law enforcement received a citizen complaint of voter registration application forms being found in a dumpster behind a business in the City of Harrisonburg.

The following individual has been charged:

Mr. Colin Small, 31 year old male of Phoenixville, PA

Voter Registration Supervisor employed by Pinpoint, an independent private organization contracted by the Republican Party of Virginia for purposes of general voter registration.

Copy of mugshot attached to this release

The following charges have been placed:

Four (4) counts of Destruction of Voter Registration Application, Class 1 Misdemeanor, Section 24.2-1002.01, Code of Virginia

Eight (8) counts of Disclosure of Voter Registration Application, Class 5 Felony, Section 24.2-1002.01, Code of Virginia

One (1) count of Obstruction of Justice, Class 1 Misdemeanor, Section 18.2-460(A), Code of Virginia

These charges are based upon lengthy consultation with and assistance from the Rockingham County Commonwealth Attorney’s Office regarding the investigation.

There is no indication that this activity was widespread in our jurisdiction; it appears to be very limited in nature but there is the possibility that additional charges may be filed in the future if it is deemed appropriate. There are no other details that we can release at this time, as this is still an active and ongoing criminal investigation.

Anyone who may have a question regarding their own voter registration status is encouraged to contact the County Registrar’s office or the Sheriff’s Office.
Link

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
So was this guy tossing out the registration forms for people who identified themselves as Democrats or was he registering Republicans and then tossing their forms in a sort of inside job?

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Or maybe it was a temp job and he's lazy.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
So was this guy tossing out the registration forms for people who identified themselves as Democrats or was he registering Republicans and then tossing their forms in a sort of inside job?
I don't think they record party affiliation in VA.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
I don't think they record party affiliation in VA.
I wonder if he had a table set up that had pro-Romney signs or if they were asking people who they supported before registering them and he either tossed all of the forms (if he had a Vote Romeny table set up somewhere) or tossed them based on how they answered his questions (or base don race, ethnicity, or gender) or if he just decided to quit or something and tossed all of the forms regardless of who they supported or what they looked like.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
I wonder if he had a table set up that had pro-Romney signs or if they were asking people who they supported before registering them and he either tossed all of the forms (if he had a Vote Romeny table set up somewhere) or tossed them based on how they answered his questions (or base don race, ethnicity, or gender) or if he just decided to quit or something and tossed all of the forms regardless of who they supported or what they looked like.
Well Harrisonburg is home to two different universities so I'm guessing young new voters who are traditionally more liberal.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Mr. Colin Small, 31 year old male of Phoenixville, PA
Jeebus, with a name like that the abuse he must have endured in school must have been overwhelming.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Now my Robin Hood musical has a name for its setting!

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
And I've never reported any member here.
God damn it OAPC, do you ever get tired of fucking lying all the time?!

I hope Stellar isn't lurking.

[video=youtube;0O9POr5jmRs]
Did you guys know that Tangy Tangerine cures Alzheimer's and MS and according to this guy, Jerry Lewis was fired for taking Tangy Tangerine to the MDA people and the MDA people didn't want the gravy train to end with the cure so they fired Jerry! It also makes you younger, Dr. Joel Wallach is 70 something but looks 50 something.

Alex tells a heart warming story about one of his friends that has a father with Alzheimer's and he gave him Tangy Tangerimne and the Alzheimer's was cured but then the mother took the Tangy Tangerine to the doctor and the doctor said not to take it, so they took him off the Tangy Tangerine and his Alzheimer's came back. Very sad.

Wait until convention time.

I could pull off an attack the size of 9-11. People act like it's hard. With a little planning, getting the materials to kill a lot of people is easy as shit.

With any luck, a lot of congressmembers, lobbyists and blacks will get killed. I say bring it on.

I think I'm going to start The Official Barack Obama NewsLetter

U kidding? It's what any black man should do before making a very important decision. :icon_cool

I just got this in an email from my mother:

[....]

Seemed appropriate.
:action-sm

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Lol. That's just a bit I do for the amusement of myself. Any mod here has my permission to post any knowledge of me ever reporting any members here.
Obviously some people didn't get the gag.

Kid looks like a fucking psycho. The story sucks and
doesn't really tell you much. Fucking lazy net journalism.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
You're not referring to me are you? I understood the bit.

I even did wavy hand guy... which until yesterday I thought meant the same as tapping my toe beneath a men's room stall... until I realized it meant something else I almost couldn't stand the rejection. :action-sm(for both meanings)

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Lol. That's just a bit I do for the amusement of myself. Any mod here has my permission to post any knowledge of me ever reporting any members here.
Actually I know who does the reporting. As for your story, I'd gladly point out that it only seems to be Republicans who get arrested, while the systematic fraudsters cheat in the open with no consequences.

But your blatant trolling made me decide to not even dignify you with an answer.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Actually I know who does the reporting. As for your story, I'd gladly point out that it only seems to be Republicans who get arrested, while the systematic fraudsters cheat in the open with no consequences.
And you'd be wrong. Again.

First, it wasn't my story.

Second, only republicans get arrested? Seriously?

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Let me be more specific. The only time you HEAR about people being arrested it's Republicans. And it's always a lone idiot like this.

Meanwhile, democrat mayors get caught on tape promising votes to candidates and nothing happens.

So yeah, I'm pretty confident in my point. There is an obvious double standard, and stories like this are your cover for the fraud your side NEEDS to win elections.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Let me be more specific. The only time you HEAR about people being arrested it's Republicans. And it's always a lone idiot like this.
So all those ACORN workers that got busted and sent to jail were republicans?

Meanwhile, democrat mayors get caught on tape promising votes to candidates and nothing happens.
So there's no republican prosecutors to make a charge stick there?

So yeah, I'm pretty confident in my point. There is an obvious double standard, and stories like this are your cover for the fraud your side NEEDS to win elections.
Your "confidence," once again makes you look like a partisan hack asserting that only one side is to blame/gets away with it.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine

Kid looks like a fucking psycho. The story sucks and
doesn't really tell you much. Fucking lazy net journalism.
It was just a news release... here's the story from the Warshington Post...

Man with firm under contract to Va. GOP charged with voter registration fraud

Democrats launched a fresh round of attacks on Republicans over the issue of voter fraud Friday after a man working for a firm under contract to the Republican Party of Virginia was accused of discarding state voter registration forms.

Colin Small, 23, of Phoenixville, Pa., was arrested Thursday by sheriff’s deputies in Rockingham County, in the state’s Shenandoah Valley, on 13 charges of voter registration fraud. The alleged crime happened Monday, when a business owner in Harrisonburg, Va., reported that someone had discarded eight voter registration forms behind his store.

The documents had been filled out, placed in a folder and stuffed into a bag, store owner Rob Johnson told a Richmond area NBC affiliate and said in a posting on his Facebook page.

An investigation led law enforcement to Small, who was described by the sheriff’s office as a “voter registration supervisor.” Small was employed by Pinpoint, a company contracted by the Republican Party of Virginia to register voters.

Democrats immediately called on the office of Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli II to investigate the case, but the State Board of Elections has decided against asking Cuccinelli to do so, the Associated Press reported Friday evening. A board official told AP that the case appeared to be an isolated incident.

In a statement, Republican Party of Virginia Chairman Pat Mullins said that he was “alarmed by the allegations” and that Small was “fired immediately” when the allegations surfaced. “The Republican Party of Virginia will not tolerate any action by any person that could threaten the integrity of our electoral process,” Mullins said.

Small’s arrest came just weeks after the Republican National Committee said it had cut ties with Nathan Sproul, after several Florida counties complained that Sproul’s firm had submitted hundreds of voter registration forms with irregularities or missing information.

The Republican Party of Virginia is one of several state parties that had used Sproul’s firm, Strategic Allied Consulting, which had in turn contracted work to Pinpoint, Small’s employer.
On his LinkedIn profile, Small is listed as a “Grassroots Field Director” for the Republican National Committee. But an RNC spokesman said Small had never been an employee of the committee.

Efforts to reach Small and Pinpoint on Friday were unsuccessful.

State and national Democrats pounced on Small’s arrest, seeking to link it to the Sproul case and portray it as part of a larger pattern.

Brian Moran, chairman of the Democratic Party of Virginia, called for authorities to investigate whether the incident “is part of a larger effort to limit Virginians’ access to the ballot.”

“Given their rhetoric about eliminating voter fraud, Republicans should welcome an investigation to prove that these disturbing incidents are isolated and not a central feature of the GOP campaign effort this year,” Moran said in a statement.

Democrats have sought to turn the issue of alleged voter fraud against Republicans after passage by several states of GOP-backed voter identification measures. Sponsors of the bills say they are needed to prevent fraud, and critics say the laws are designed to depress voter turnout among Democratic-leaning groups.

Small was charged with four counts of destruction of voter registration application, eight counts of disclosure of voter registration application and one count of obstruction of justice.

He was released on bond Thursday.

“There is no indication that this activity was widespread in our jurisdiction; it appears to be very limited in nature, but there is the possibility that additional charges may be filed in the future if it is deemed appropriate,” the sheriff’s office said in a statement.

It remains unclear why the voter forms, which do not list party affiliation, were thrown away, officials said.

Voter registration in Virginia closed Monday, the same day the forms were reportedly thrown away. Anyone with questions about their voter registration status can contact the Rockingham County registrar’s office at 540-564-3055 or the sheriff’s office at 540-564-3800.

Jennifer Jenkins contributed to this report.
Link